Speed Of Love: Why No Love (

Segue Myles

What Rush mix CD would you make if you wanted to torture yourself?

Hand Over Fist

Neurotica

Tai Shan

Roll the Bones

Chain Lightning

Big Wheel

You Bet Your Life

The _______ of _______

Geddy's live "Rasta dude" verse of Working Man

There are others I would add, but I'm probably already going to catch hell because of some of the ones I've mentioned

Your IQ is pretty low huh?

Permanent Waves is a 70s album.

But Peart won 'most promising new drummer' in 1980.

But they based it on his 70s drumming. So naive, yet so full of heart - like a little ruddy-faced kid banging away with such enthusiasm. We all hoped that one day the right teacher would come along and take him under his wing.

Hand Over Fist

Tai Shan

Roll the Bones

Chain Lightning

Big Wheel

You Bet Your Life

There are others I would add, but I'm probably already going to catch hell because of some of the ones I've mentioned

I enjoy all these songs.

Chain Lightning is top five for me!

Hand Over Fist

Neurotica

Tai Shan

Roll the Bones

Chain Lightning

Big Wheel

You Bet Your Life

The _______ of _______

A mix of RTB and T4E with Dreamline, Driven, Time and Motion and the title tracks taken out

Alternately: Half The World on repeat

Hand Over Fist

Neurotica

Tai Shan

Roll the Bones

Chain Lightning

Big Wheel

You Bet Your Life

The _______ of _______

Hemispheres

The Necromancer

In the End

Need Some Love

The Fountain of Lamneth

You're all gonna kill me now, right? :LOL:

Is this a joke, or are you serious?

• Like 1

The Debut....followed by T4E, VT, And CA......Rinse, wash, repeat.........that would be my hell, lol

Mick

Aww...

...a rinse and repeat wash cycle may actually improve the music...

The Debut....followed by T4E, VT, And CA......Rinse, wash, repeat.........that would be my hell, lol

Mick

Aww...

I think that it would. Eventually the songs that you hated would grow on you and you would find a redeeming quality in each of them. It is The Rush Revenge!!!

• Like 1

Mick

Aww...

I think that it would. Eventually the songs that you hated would grow on you and you would find a redeeming quality in each of them. It is The Rush Revenge!!!

CA grew OFF me. Initial awe is now just a yawn. To many "good" songs and a few too many "nothing" songs.

SA is just...dull...but oddly hard to find fault with.

VT is a frickin masterpiece. And sometimes the hideous sound actually complements the bands firey passion.

• Like 1

It's funny i did try The repeat thing with CA for the LONGEST time. God it only made me turn more Against it, lol. I'm down to liking 3 songs. I stopped listening cause i don't want to lose the 3 i have left, lol

Mick

It's funny i did try The repeat thing with CA for the LONGEST time. God it only made me turn more Against it, lol. I'm down to liking 3 songs. I stopped listening cause i don't want to lose the 3 i have left, lol

Mick

Every time I play CA I wish I hadn't. It ruins the memory I had of loving it when it first came out.

I was so obsessed with it! But after collecting the 16 remaining Rush studio albums afterwards, it hit home hard that it was clearly a dull as dishwater Rush album.

Great moments here and there. But overall, the hype for it was a little undeserved.

• Like 2

Mick

Every time I play CA I wish I hadn't. It ruins the memory I had of loving it when it first came out.

I was so obsessed with it! But after collecting the 16 remaining Rush studio albums afterwards, it hit home hard that it was clearly a dull as dishwater Rush album.

Great moments here and there. But overall, the hype for it was a little undeserved.

to put it in perspective. I was never ever wild for CA.....while everybody here lost their minds. But i did enjoy half the album and that was fine. But over time. I dropped one song after another.

It was a sad sad thing to feel happen.

and no....from day 1 CA did not deserve the near universal fanboi-ing it received. No where near it.

Rush does....nickelback......yay? lol

Mick

Mick

to put it in perspective. I was never ever wild for CA.....while everybody here lost their minds. But i did enjoy half the album and that was fine. But over time. I dropped one song after another.

It was a sad sad thing to feel happen.

and no....from day 1 CA did not deserve the near universal fanboi-ing it received. No where near it.

Rush does....nickelback......yay? lol

Mick

Nickleback? Um...nope...not quite...

But almost as dull.

I hear no memorable riffs.

Vocals are washed out.

Drums are...somewhere in the mix.

Melodies? Lets not go there...

Ok, so it turns out it really is close to Nickleback after all!

• Like 2

In my opinion, Clockwork Angels is the best thing Rush has done in ages.

Yes but after Feedback and SA, thats not saying much.

• Like 2

Yea it's SOMETHING all right.

I'm still trying to figure out what that That thing is though :P

Hey......where's their Thing? lol

Mick

I would include a few other albums along with those two, but that's just me. I have a low IQ, so what would I know?

I would include a few other albums along with those two, but that's just me. I have a low IQ, so what would I know?

Opinions are like butt cracks.

We all have them, and some stink more than others!

But hey! I prefer Chain Lightning to Xanadu, so what do I know?!

• Like 1

Opinions are like butt cracks.

We all have them, and some stink more than others!

But hey! I prefer Chain Lightning to Xanadu, so what do I know?!

PRESTO, PRESTO!!!!!!!

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

It boggles my mind how anyone could prefer Chain Lightening to Xanadu.

Geez Louise. Some basic good/listenable song or an epic? Hummmm..... Wow

It must be age. I have noticed that young people do not appreciate the intensity of the late sixties/seventies music as much as we did/do. I guess you had to live through that time period to know what I am talking about.

• Like 1

It must be age. I have noticed that young people do not appreciate the intensity of the late sixties/seventies music as much as we did/do. I guess you had to live through that time period to know what I am talking about.

You mean there are some advantages to us being old?.... :codger: :sigh:

You mean there are some advantages to us being old?.... :codger: :sigh:

:yes: :codger:

Music does have to be epic to blow me away, or move me, or entertain me.

And I know of no other person my age who appreciates the sixties/seventies as much as I do, bar this forum.

But Presto is an album that just delights me. And I am a much bigger fan of AFTK.

As for Chain Lightning, since the day I heard it I have loved it, more than most songs of any band.

Why? I don't need to explain. I just adore the melody, the lightness and the chorus and wordplay amuses me.

As for Xanadu. 10/10. Peerless. But not as in love with it as I am other Rush epics. I prefer even Red Barchetta.

My love for Chain Lightning and Presto as an album relates not to my taste in music at large,but as a testament to the fact that often the more offbeat albums affect me over the standard classics.

Give me Help! over Sgt. Pepper.

Give me Bitches Brew over Kind Of Blue.

Give me Tusk over Rumours.

Give me Presto over Hemispheres.

Give me Chain Lightning over Xanadu.

Give me The Beatles over Rush. Whose the older band?

Give me Lacuna Coil over The Beatles.

Age, era, genre, culture, commerciality...none of these things have any bearing on my music collection.