A Farewell To Kings: Let's Share Our Love For It!

Segue Myles

:o

AFTK? I hate this album, more than Narpski and Lorraine. It's unlistenable. Too many long songs, muddy sound, I mean the guitar is almost unnoticeable and the voice of Geddy is really way too deep and what's going on with the laxly drums, awful. I wish they would re-record it nowadays. :smoke:

I bet Nick could fix it up nice..... :moon:

Is he being serious Narpski? I cannot tell...

I'm serious dead sure. I hate Lorraine and Narpski.

You can hate me. But I like you.

:blush: :rose:

Awwwww...its like Romeo And Juliet...with more wrinkles

Believe it or not, I don't have any wrinkles. Just a bit of crow's feet around the eyes.

Thanks for sharing the love though, Segue.

Excuse me while I go contemplate ending it all. ;)

I am guessing Lorraine is quite beautiful and I mean that sincerely and in the most gentlemanly way. She is petite we at least know that much.... :cool:

Lorraine is! She inspired me to get into A Flock Of Seagulls...

AFTK? I hate this album, more than Narpski and Lorraine. It's unlistenable. Too many long songs, muddy sound, I mean the guitar is almost unnoticeable and the voice of Geddy is really way too deep and what's going on with the laxly drums, awful. I wish they would re-record it nowadays. :smoke:

What do you know younker? :P

Say what now?

Forget about Toto, Springsteen, LC and share some love for one of the greatest albums ever released.

LC> Rush

:o

Believe it or not, I don't have any wrinkles. Just a bit of crow's feet around the eyes.

Thanks for sharing the love though, Segue.

Excuse me while I go contemplate ending it all. ;)

Don't end it all. Punch my beautiful face!

No, your face is your livelihood. I am going to do something worse. Smash all of your Toto and Springsteen albums to a zillion pieces.

I have so much stuff...I hope you don't get to bored...

It's bound to be more entertaining than this silly thread you started.

The talking never ends, just like the music of Rush, it's forever.

• Like 1

Here's to the ultimate :rush: album, the one and only A Farewell To Kings in which is contained the most amazing, the most phenomenal song ever written by any band anywhere ever - XANADU!!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

:notworthy: :notworthy: :ebert: :ebert: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 6

Here's to the ultimate :rush: album, the one and only A Farewell To Kings in which is contained the most amazing, the most phenomenal song ever written by any band anywhere ever - XANADU!!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

:notworthy: :notworthy: :ebert: :ebert: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

Amen sister. http://spirituelle-revolution.net/images/smilies/angel.gif

• Like 1

This thread is like a Seinfeld episode.

I always felt my threads were the ultimate in classic american sitcoms

• Like 1

This thread is like an All In The Family episode.

Fixed then.... :)

Oh God no, my dad used to be just like Archie Bunker. This is nothing like that.

This thread is like a Seinfeld episode.

Needless?

Wandering aimlessly.

to seek the sacred river Alph

• Like 2

Oh God no, my dad used to be just like Archie Bunker. This is nothing like that.

I was more responding to the "ultimate classic american sitcom" part than the thread composition. My bad..... :blush: :outtahere:

I was more responding to the "ultimate classic american sitcom" part than the thread composition. My bad..... :blush: :outtahere:

It's all right, but I think Seinfeld pretty much covers most of the threads on this forum. :LOL:

• Like 2

It's all right, but I think Seinfeld pretty much covers most of the threads on this forum. :LOL:

I've never seen it but I will take your word for it..... :)

They used to say that it was a show about nothing, and I agree. The episodes had no real storyline and were just about stuff, no rhyme or reason.

They used to say that it was a show about nothing, and I agree. The episodes had no real storyline and were just about stuff, no rhyme or reason. It would give someone with ADD a run for their money.

They used to say that it was a show about nothing, and I agree. The episodes had no real storyline and were just about stuff, no rhyme or reason.

That makes sense now. Since Segue started this thread it makes perfect sense.... :cool:
  • Like 1

AFTK...................is....................amazing.

Xanadu............Enough said. Madrigal is the only meh song on there.

I prefer Cygnus X-1 to X-2

I certainly love me some AFTK. Best sounding album ever. Think they need to head back to Wales (or wherever it was) for their next album. Oh yeah, bring that Broonsie guy with you. Don't forget to pack the kimonos.

• Like 6

I've always rated this album as one of their best. In recent years i've leaned towards it being my favorite album from them. Everything is just perfect on it. You won't find two better songs to open an album then you will here. I've been a fan for over 20 years and Xanadu still blows me away when I listen to it. Every time I hear it, I always wonder how it was possible for them to create such a great song? The same can be said for a number of other songs in their catalog but there is just something so special about Xanadu that's hard to put into words.

The title track is also one of my favorite songs from them. I love Cinderella Man and I think it's always been a bit of an underrated and overlooked song. CTTH has been overplayed but it's still a nice little song, as is Madrigal. What can you say about Cygnus X-1? It's just one of those songs that takes you on an adventure both musically and lyrically. There's not a weak spot to be had on this album. With only six tracks, this album proves that sometimes less is more.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 2

WTF dude,

Never ate a corndog and never saw Seinfield? Where the hell do you live? Siberia!! :LOL:

I certainly love me some AFTK. Best sounding album ever. Think they need to head back to Wales (or wherever it was) for their next album. Oh yeah, bring that Broonsie guy with you. Don't forget to pack the kimonos.

I love it but not the best sounding in my opionion. I always felt it lacked some punch. Much like Presto.