Who are Rush? Recent Jeopardy Question

BB&B

I was watching Jeopardy and a few minutes ago, Rush was featured in a category featuring North American bands. I didn't take a picture fast enough. The answer displayed "Today's Tom Sawyer". Edited by BB&B
  • Like 3

it's on now here. they haven't got to the rush clue yet but I've seen the dude on the far left on jeopardy before, he doesn't know much of anything "cool" and seems to stick to the REAL nerdy shit, so I knew it wasn't him, and I immediately ruled out the girl.
  • Like 1

My grandmother was watching it in the other room. When I heard him read the answer I bolted into the room and yelled " :rush: "! Edited by sabresman31
  • Like 3

I watch Jeopardy I would say at least 49 out of 50 nights its on and when they are new. The tournament this week was certainly on my agenda to watch. Who misses tonight's show because he went out to dinner?..... :facepalm:
  • Like 1

I watch Jeopardy I would say at least 49 out of 50 nights its on and when they are new. The tournament this week was certainly on my agenda to watch. Who misses tonight's show because he went out to dinner?..... :facepalm:

You don't have a DVR?

I will be watching for this later tonight. Must be the tournament of champions. Usually those questions are harder. This one wasn't.

You don't have a DVR?

I will be watching for this later tonight. Must be the tournament of champions. Usually those questions are harder. This one wasn't.

Better than that. Its the champions from the different decades. I saw all the shows when they qualified for these shows. KJ kicked ass on his show... :) I still have a Betamax. Does that count? :LOL:

You don't have a DVR?

Better than that. Its the champions from the different decades. I saw all the shows when they qualified for these shows. KJ kicked ass on his show... :) I still have a Betamax. Does that count? :LOL:

As long as it works...

Jeopardy has been dumbed down big time. When I was a kid I rarely got an answer correct. Now, I probably get 25%-40% if I get my categories. I actually thought that I had learned some things through the years .....

.... until they came back with the "Decades Tournament Of Champions." Just like when I was a kid, I could only get the occasional correct guess.

It was VERY DISHEARTENING to say the least.

Jeopardy has been dumbed down big time. When I was a kid I rarely got an answer correct. Now, I probably get 25%-40% if I get my categories. I actually thought that I had learned some things through the years .....

.... until they came back with the "Decades Tournament Of Champions." Just like when I was a kid, I could only get the occasional correct guess.

I find it to be amazingly easy with the right categories. If they have a sports category, I'm pissed if I don't get them all right. I just started watching 10 years ago, while some boards are tougher than others, it seems like they have been of fairly consistent difficulty over that time, though I'm better just because of the sheer repetition of some of the questions...I can even get an opera or Shakespeare question right some of the time these days. But the TOC questions are unquestionably more difficult.

I find it to be amazingly easy with the right categories. If they have a sports category, I'm pissed if I don't get them all right. I just started watching 10 years ago, while some boards are tougher than others, it seems like they have been of fairly consistent difficulty over that time, though I'm better just because of the sheer repetition of some of the questions...I can even get an opera or Shakespeare question right some of the time these days. But the TOC questions are unquestionably more difficult.

It was that hard on a normal show in the 80s.

For example, "World Capitals:"

The first clue might have been: "Belgium," and nothing written into the clue. Now, it would be: "A type of sprouts is named after the capital of Belgium."

In the 80s the next 4 clues would be a Latin American capital, 2 African capitals, and a capital of a Pacific Ocean country, with no way to infer the answer. Now, only the last two clues in that category would be obscure capital cities, and you'd still have a chance with clue context.

I've read 1 Shakespeare play, I don't know squat about art, and I can name only 5 or 6 classical music composers, yet, as you say, getting 2 or 3 right out of 5 clues isn't a stretch. Not in the 80s, man. You'd better be prepared to know the immediate family of the composer, or "Vice presidential wives."

It was that hard on a normal show in the 80s.

For example, "World Capitals:"

The first clue might have been: "Belgium," and nothing written into the clue. Now, it would be: "A type of sprouts is named after the capital of Belgium."

In the 80s the next 4 clues would be a Latin American capital, 2 African capitals, and a capital of a Pacific Ocean country, with no way to infer the answer. Now, only the last two clues in that category would be obscure capital cities, and you'd still have a chance with clue context.

I've read 1 Shakespeare play, I don't know squat about art, and I can name only 5 or 6 classical music composers, yet, as you say, getting 2 or 3 right out of 5 clues isn't a stretch. Not in the 80s, man. You'd better be prepared to know the immediate family of the composer, or "Vice presidential wives."

You're killing me. I was under the failed notion apparently that I was getting smarter. Another bubble burst. Damn.... :)