How Do You ----?

LedRush

How Do You Wipe Your Ass?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. How Do You Wipe Your Ass?

• Sitting on the toilet
    • Standing up
    • Squatting over the toilet

That they didn't blow up like this one did doesn't make them okay. I know I've had a run-in or two with Sheldon over the years about crossing the line of good taste. (I used Sheldon as an example only because Led named him above.)

Sheldon? Crossing the line of good taste? I don't believe it. I think that is just TRF rumor and propaganda. :cool:

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 4

That they didn't blow up like this one did doesn't make them okay. I know I've had a run-in or two with Sheldon over the years about crossing the line of good taste. (I used Sheldon as an example only because Led named him above.)

Sheldon? Crossing the line of good taste? I don't believe it. I think that is just TRF rumor and propaganda. :cool:

Show me a post of Sheldon's that is in good taste, and I would be floored :)

(except the posts where he agrees with me... those are awesome)

• Like 4

Okay, I can admit when I'm wrong. I apologize for the name calling, it was over the line. I tried the nice guy approach at first and when it wasn't well received I got angry. Maybe next time we can all keep cooler heads and maybe think twice before posting about something we wouldn't say to someone face to face. I don't think it's too much to ask someone to not be vulgar, do you?

I honestly wish that I could believe you that you feel bad about the name calling. However, even in your apology you've misrepresented what went on in this thread: your first post already called me a troll and indicated that I had no class (so much for the "nice guy approach"). Also, this is a recurring problem for you. You consistently attack people personally, not infrequently for imagined insults. Your position on this forum should move you to better handle yourself with dignity and fairness. Instead, it insulates you from the rules by which the rest of us must play.

If you are truly sorry, I'm sure this will be reflected in the tone and nature of your future postings, at which point I will be more than happy to accept the apology.

One of the problems here is perspective. If you had any concept of the history of this board you would know that trolls do indeed start threads like this one, they get off on being vulgar and seem to think that they should be allowed to get away with anything they want on this board regardless of rules of any kind. I've seen it time and time again during my tenure as a moderator here and it's annoying when it happens. And, like you, they are utterly remorseless. They refuse to recognize they did anything wrong and instead seek to paint us as horrible people who are just being mean for the heck of it and themselves as innocent little victims of our sociopathic wrath. I suppose I should be happy that you were at least self-aware enough to acknowledge that this topic isn't exactly socially acceptable, yet I remain puzzled over why you think it's okay to talk about it here since you refused to answer me when I asked you that. The fact that you seem to think it's okay says that you don't have any respect for this board so why should I have any for you? If someone comes in my house and acts like a jerk I'm not gonna offer him coffe and cake, I'm gonna tell him knock it off and if he keeps it up I'm gonna throw him out. That's all I did here. So, before you respond, I think you should take some time to re-familiarize yourself with Rule 10 in the Finding My Way forum, and maybe think about how you're not exactly elevating the level of conversation around here with threads like this. You won't, but I guess I can still hope.

OK, so in the past people have made trolling posts, so what you do is you levy personal insults at someone who may or not be a troll? And you think that by attacking them in this manner, stating that they post without a modicum of class, that you are being a nice guy? You ignore the fact that others were having fun with the thread and and that there was some discussion going on the stated topic, and when you get an explanation of why the post was made you think it's ok to go mental on me?

FAQ item 10 is indeed instructive.

"Examples: This thread f***ing rocks!!! -- is ok. F**k you, or you're a sh*thead.... ISN'T."

It is again crystal clear that you ignore Forum rules whenever you get angry, and it seems that virtually anything can get you angry. The fact that you were so obviously out of line with your comments, that you were so clearly called out for your behavior by others on the forum, and you still can't bring yourself to understand why or to take adequate corrective actions speaks volumes about the type of person you are.

I believe that your questions about why I have posted have already been answered, but I will restate what I and others have said. I don't believe that the topic is at all disrespectful to anyone or that it is not socially acceptable. Anyone with children knows that toilet habits and pitfalls become a common point of discussion...even in public. But, when you are talking about yourself, it can be a little uncomfortable, especially when the majority of your contacts are in a work environment. Forums allow people to be more honest and frank than they would otherwise be...that's one huge reason why they are so popular. Unfortunately, they also allow people to denigrate others and treat others in such a way that you would rarely, if ever, do in real life.

We have posts dedicated to the manner and frequency with which Sheldon, or others, masturbate; posts dedicated to the color and consistency of shit; posts about proper penis size; posts about proper penis hygiene; posts about breast sizes (pros and cons); and all manner of stuff that would make many a person blush in the New World Women. The point of my post was not to elevate the level of conversation around here. However, given the choice between abusive denigration of others, or some of these topics above, it seems that I may have accidentally elevated the level discourse. Despite this, I still wouldn't go to those other threads and shit all over those people for wanting to discuss things that I find uncomfortable. I understand that different people have different standards of what they consider respectful and appropriate for conversation, even anonymously on a message board.

A thread about how one wipes their ass is not an appropriate topic in mixed company. Hanging around with your buddies with beers and having a laugh, yeah, that's different. If you were at the dinner table with a bunch of friends and relatives -- mixed company -- would that be a good subject to bring up? I would think not. A message board may be "anonymous" in comparison to being in the same room with people, but it's still mixed company. Bottom line, this just isn't a good topic. I wouldn't call it disrespectful, just uninteresting and inappropriate in a "gross-out movie" kind of way. This board is almost ten years old, and this is the type of topic that we've seen trolls start to see if they can get the board riled up -- Jack is right about that.

Yes, other people have started threads that many would consider inappropriate in mixed company. That they didn't blow up like this one did doesn't make them okay. I know I've had a run-in or two with Sheldon over the years about crossing the line of good taste. (I used Sheldon as an example only because Led named him above.)

Some perspective: This thread has 123 replies. The vast majority of those replies are arguing about whether the subject matter is appropriate, or what the OP's intention was when he started it. Not many of those 123 replies are addressing the actual topic of how people wipe their ass -- probably because it's not a very interesting subject. And most of the posts that did address the topic were jokes ("I usually use a flaming porcupine."). After a whole week, only 10 people have voted in the poll.

"How Do You Wipe Your Ass? Sitting on the toilet, standing up, or squatting over the toilet? Just curious." Sorry Led, but if your aim is to "elevate the level of conversation around here," you'll have to come up with better material.

That said, LedRush is not a troll. Like LiX, I've had my share of disagreements with him in the past, mainly in SOCN, but he is not a troll. He just a guy who made a trollish thread. Led's been here for almost two years, and he is not known for starting troll threads. Jack, to lump him in with the actual trolls we've seen over the years -- people who get banned after two months -- and to treat him as such, is not fair.

I liked your initial post on this thread because I thought you were right that the title shouldn't be showing up on the main page of the forum. I thought first about using kiddie terminology, but decided that we were all adults and that it was unnecessary. Your solution was the right one, and I shouldn't have titled the thread as I did.

Also, I appreciate your take on what Jack said.

But my goal was not to "elevate the level of conversation around here"... in fact I have explicitly said that was not my goal. That was Jack's strawman, not anything I ever indicated.

Within a day of posting, I had 30 replies that were funny and fun, and 10 answers to my poll that indicated that what I thought was the case was not (that I was the only one who thought wiping sitting down is not the way to go logistically). Even you joined in on the fun! The only complaints came from Mods/Admin, and the major reason this thread is so long is because Jack lashed out in such an inappropriate way and then refused to adequately acknowledge that both his initial post and his follow-ups were inappropriate.

Without that, I assume that this thread would have quietly gone off into the past, with perhaps a few more jokes, a few more answers, and a lot less drama.

Edited by LedRush

Okay, I can admit when I'm wrong. I apologize for the name calling, it was over the line. I tried the nice guy approach at first and when it wasn't well received I got angry. Maybe next time we can all keep cooler heads and maybe think twice before posting about something we wouldn't say to someone face to face. I don't think it's too much to ask someone to not be vulgar, do you?

I honestly wish that I could believe you that you feel bad about the name calling. However, even in your apology you've misrepresented what went on in this thread: your first post already called me a troll and indicated that I had no class (so much for the "nice guy approach"). Also, this is a recurring problem for you. You consistently attack people personally, not infrequently for imagined insults. Your position on this forum should move you to better handle yourself with dignity and fairness. Instead, it insulates you from the rules by which the rest of us must play.

If you are truly sorry, I'm sure this will be reflected in the tone and nature of your future postings, at which point I will be more than happy to accept the apology.

One of the problems here is perspective. If you had any concept of the history of this board you would know that trolls do indeed start threads like this one, they get off on being vulgar and seem to think that they should be allowed to get away with anything they want on this board regardless of rules of any kind. I've seen it time and time again during my tenure as a moderator here and it's annoying when it happens. And, like you, they are utterly remorseless. They refuse to recognize they did anything wrong and instead seek to paint us as horrible people who are just being mean for the heck of it and themselves as innocent little victims of our sociopathic wrath. I suppose I should be happy that you were at least self-aware enough to acknowledge that this topic isn't exactly socially acceptable, yet I remain puzzled over why you think it's okay to talk about it here since you refused to answer me when I asked you that. The fact that you seem to think it's okay says that you don't have any respect for this board so why should I have any for you? If someone comes in my house and acts like a jerk I'm not gonna offer him coffe and cake, I'm gonna tell him knock it off and if he keeps it up I'm gonna throw him out. That's all I did here. So, before you respond, I think you should take some time to re-familiarize yourself with Rule 10 in the Finding My Way forum, and maybe think about how you're not exactly elevating the level of conversation around here with threads like this. You won't, but I guess I can still hope.

OK, so in the past people have made trolling posts, so what you do is you levy personal insults at someone who may or not be a troll? And you think that by attacking them in this manner, stating that they post without a modicum of class, that you are being a nice guy? You ignore the fact that others were having fun with the thread and and that there was some discussion going on the stated topic, and when you get an explanation of why the post was made you think it's ok to go mental on me?

"Examples: This thread f***ing rocks!!! -- is ok. F**k you, or you're a sh*thead.... ISN'T."

It is again crystal clear that you ignore Forum rules whenever you get angry, and it seems that virtually anything can get you angry. The fact that you were so obviously out of line with your comments, that you were so clearly called out for your behavior by others on the forum, and you still can't bring yourself to understand why or to take adequate corrective actions speaks volumes about the type of person you are.

I believe that your questions about why I have posted have already been answered, but I will restate what I and others have said. I don't believe that the topic is at all disrespectful to anyone or that it is not socially acceptable. Anyone with children knows that toilet habits and pitfalls become a common point of discussion...even in public. But, when you are talking about yourself, it can be a little uncomfortable, especially when the majority of your contacts are in a work environment. Forums allow people to be more honest and frank than they would otherwise be...that's one huge reason why they are so popular. Unfortunately, they also allow people to denigrate others and treat others in such a way that you would rarely, if ever, do in real life.

We have posts dedicated to the manner and frequency with which Sheldon, or others, masturbate; posts dedicated to the color and consistency of shit; posts about proper penis size; posts about proper penis hygiene; posts about breast sizes (pros and cons); and all manner of stuff that would make many a person blush in the New World Women. The point of my post was not to elevate the level of conversation around here. However, given the choice between abusive denigration of others, or some of these topics above, it seems that I may have accidentally elevated the level discourse. Despite this, I still wouldn't go to those other threads and shit all over those people for wanting to discuss things that I find uncomfortable. I understand that different people have different standards of what they consider respectful and appropriate for conversation, even anonymously on a message board.

A thread about how one wipes their ass is not an appropriate topic in mixed company. Hanging around with your buddies with beers and having a laugh, yeah, that's different. If you were at the dinner table with a bunch of friends and relatives -- mixed company -- would that be a good subject to bring up? I would think not. A message board may be "anonymous" in comparison to being in the same room with people, but it's still mixed company. Bottom line, this just isn't a good topic. I wouldn't call it disrespectful, just uninteresting and inappropriate in a "gross-out movie" kind of way. This board is almost ten years old, and this is the type of topic that we've seen trolls start to see if they can get the board riled up -- Jack is right about that.

Yes, other people have started threads that many would consider inappropriate in mixed company. That they didn't blow up like this one did doesn't make them okay. I know I've had a run-in or two with Sheldon over the years about crossing the line of good taste. (I used Sheldon as an example only because Led named him above.)

Some perspective: This thread has 123 replies. The vast majority of those replies are arguing about whether the subject matter is appropriate, or what the OP's intention was when he started it. Not many of those 123 replies are addressing the actual topic of how people wipe their ass -- probably because it's not a very interesting subject. And most of the posts that did address the topic were jokes ("I usually use a flaming porcupine."). After a whole week, only 10 people have voted in the poll.

"How Do You Wipe Your Ass? Sitting on the toilet, standing up, or squatting over the toilet? Just curious." Sorry Led, but if your aim is to "elevate the level of conversation around here," you'll have to come up with better material.

That said, LedRush is not a troll. Like LiX, I've had my share of disagreements with him in the past, mainly in SOCN, but he is not a troll. He just a guy who made a trollish thread. Led's been here for almost two years, and he is not known for starting troll threads. Jack, to lump him in with the actual trolls we've seen over the years -- people who get banned after two months -- and to treat him as such, is not fair.

I liked your initial post on this thread because I thought you were right that the title shouldn't be showing up on the main page of the forum. I thought first about using kiddie terminology, but decided that we were all adults and that it was unnecessary. Your solution was the right one, and I shouldn't have titled the thread as I did.

But my goal was not to "elevate the level of conversation around here"... in fact I have explicitly said that was not my goal. That was Jack's strawman, not anything I ever indicated.

Within a day of posting, I had 30 replies that were funny and fun, and 10 answers to my poll that indicated that what I thought was the case was not (that I was the only one who thought wiping sitting down is not the way to go logistically). Even you joined in on the fun! The only complaints came from Mods/Admin, and the major reason this thread is so long is because Jack lashed out in such an inappropriate way and then refused to adequately acknowledge that both his initial post and his follow-ups were inappropriate.

Without that, I assume that this thread would have quietly gone off into the past, with perhaps a few more jokes, a few more answers, and a lot less drama.

My mistake, I misread that sentence of yours. I flat out didn't see the "not" there. That one word kind of changes the whole sentence, doesn't it? :doh: Sorry about that.

Still, my points about the merit of this thread (and threads like it) stand.

• Like 1

How do you... catch a butterfly with chopsticks?

How do you... give a Polar Bear a root canal?

How do you... make underwear edible?

I was thinking that if I had been more judicious in my thread title naming, I would have said "How do you wipe" (no ellipses to prevent your kind of tom-foolery). Though I imagine that "Bathroom Etiquette Question" would have been best.

I agree it wasn't fair, which is why I apologized for the name calling. But if I see someone engaging in trollish behavior I call him on it, regardless of whether or not he has a history of being a troll. Furthermore, you can say someone is being trollish and not be calling them a troll. We've all had to say at one time or another to a friend or loved one: "hey, you're being a (blank)" without calling them a name or implying that's what we think they are. That was my intent.

Jack, not to belabor the point, but I think we're way past that by now.

I've read many of LEDs posts. I've agreed and disagreed with him. He always tries to post in a way that supports his claim/belief/what have you. I may have missed it, but I have never seen him resort to name calling to get his point across. These are not actions of a troll.

I feel you continuing in this manner will only encourage others being quiet to come forth and back LED. Like LED said, t's an anonymous message board. It is way easier to talk about borderline topics here than in would in person.

If you were camping and someone asked you which leaf was best for wiping... would you call them a disgusting pervert? I highly doubt it.

No, because it was being discussed both in a clinical sense and from the standpoint of necessity. This thread is neither.

• Like 1

I for one enjoyed the thread. If you read my original post this has actually been a rather serious issue for me over the past year due to my right hand dominance. I may be way far into the minority on this one but when I saw the OP my eyes lit up (strange as it sounds) and I thought... "damn have I got a story to tell on this one" :blush: . Its real life and if nobody gave a rip it would have faded into the woodwork quickly like so many before it. Just my humble opinion for what its worth..... :) Edited by Narpski
  • Like 1

I just re-read this and realized I missed something. The part of FAQ item #10 that you quoted is not the part I was referring to, this was: "The greatest contributors to this atmosphere are the people who post here, as they do so in a manner that's not vulgar for the sake of being vulgar. Since you quoted the part that you did, it struck me you may have missed the part that I quoted so I decided to post about it as it's better to be safe than sorry.

Edited by Jack Aubrey

I just re-read this and realized I missed something. The part of FAQ item #10 that you quoted is not the part I was referring to, this was: "The greatest contributors to this atmosphere are the people who post here, as they do so in a manner that's not vulgar for the sake of being vulgar. Since you quoted the part that you did, it struck me you may have missed the part that I quoted so I decided to post about it as it's better to be safe than sorry.

Yes, I read that. I still don't believe that what I wrote was vulgar, and it certainly wasn't written for the sake of being vulgar. I cannot say the same regarding your responses to me on this thread.

Yes, I read that. I still don't believe that what I wrote was vulgar, and it certainly wasn't written for the sake of being vulgar. I cannot say the same regarding your responses to me on this thread.

Oh, please. You sure do thrive on being the victim. I feel sorry for you.

You're a real piece of work, Jack. You can come in here, throw around crazy accusations, not listen to guidelines for forum use, accuse others of not listening to the guidelines for forum use; after you are called out be virtually everyone responding on the thread, you issue a half-hearted and fake apology, and then continue to fight over the very things you pretended to be sorry about. You really need to change your forum title from "moderator" to "agitator".

Seeing as this is a thread I started and people are still trying to talk about something other than you, do you think you could move past this and just forget the thread exists?

Edited by LedRush

On a lighthearted note did I mention I have to go lefty now due to my right (dominant) hand bone fusion surgery and am no longer able to bent my wrist. Bending your wrist is key in this most important endeavor in life as I found out the hard way. In baseball terminology I would be considered to field righty and bat lefty. But I am not a switch hitter :sigh: .... :LOL:

On a lighthearted note did I mention I have to go lefty now due to my right (dominant) hand bone fusion surgery and am no longer able to bent my wrist. Bending your wrist is key in this most important endeavor in life as I found out the hard way. In baseball terminology I would be considered to field righty and bat lefty. But I am not a switch hitter :sigh: .... :LOL:

I would think that would induce you to stand, not sit.

(Thank you)

• Like 1

(Thank you)

Truth is I never considered it. I may take that up for advisement. My wrist not bending may not be such an issue standing. Never considered it to be honest. I think I will go though a "dry run" or two so to speak before attempting the real thing. Thanks man for the clue. This may be a game changer..... :cheers:
  • Like 1

(Thank you)

Truth is I never considered it. I may take that up for advisement. My wrist not bending may not be such an issue standing. Never considered it to be honest. I think I will go though a "dry run" or two so to speak before attempting the real thing. Thanks man for the clue. This may be a game changer..... :cheers:

Standing should require less wrist action. Whether you can go back to your natural dominant hand or stay a southpaw, I suspect your wrists may thank you.

• Like 1

(Thank you)

Standing should require less wrist action. Whether you can go back to your natural dominant hand or stay a southpaw, I suspect your wrists may thank you.

Or just buy a blow-up doll... you changed the subject on me, right?

• Like 1

(Thank you)

Couldn't resist the lowest common denominator could you?.... :LOL:

(Thank you)

Couldn't resist the lowest common denominator could you?.... :LOL:

Never can! I gotta stop hanging around Sheldon :LOL:

• Like 2

You're a real piece of work, Jack. You can come in here, throw around crazy accusations, not listen to guidelines for forum use, accuse others of not listening to the guidelines for forum use; after you are called out be virtually everyone responding on the thread, you issue a half-hearted and fake apology, and then continue to fight over the very things you pretended to be sorry about. You really need to change your forum title from "moderator" to "agitator".

Seeing as this is a thread I started and people are still trying to talk about something other than you, do you think you could move past this and just forget the thread exists?

Very well, I leave you to wallow in the filth you so enjoy with your like-minded fellow travelers. You stay classy, troll.

Very well, I leave you to wallow in the filth you so enjoy with your like-minded fellow travelers. You stay classy, troll.

I'm not sure but I think I caught just a wee bit of shrapnel with that one... :)
  • Like 1

8 pages on how clean up after you poop. Please...can this thread just die? :unsure:

We all know how this will end....

http://www.icbe.org/wp-content/images/oksanaanderson.jpg

Edited by Lost In Xanadu
  • Like 1