A Farewell To Kings 2015

Brucey

That tour was my first Rush concert,

Let's just hope they tour again regardless! :D :rush:

me too :)

with UFO?

Yep,

UFO opened up for them. It was September 77'. I think the cost was around $6.50 a ticket.

:codger: :haz: :rush:

I believe the exact date for the Santa Monica Civic show was 10/01/77. But I think my ticket was $8.50! I got ripped off!

Well,

I saw them in Bakersfield, Ca. The ticket price might have been the same as yours. But, since you were LA. It might have cost you more with a bigger demand. Either way, consider today's prices.

Troutman and Rushman. Two very lucky gentlemen. What memories you both must have!

Yeah,

The good old days! Plus, I saw them during the Hemispheres tour in Long Beach, Ca after that! :haz: :D :rush: :cheers:

No, no medleys, please! I think they're a tease, getting you worked up to hear something you know and love, then they let you down hard because they are not complete :( They're like a really bad date.

I would rather hear medleys than hear Geddy try to sing something he can't handle.

• Like 1

I have a question for all those who still have AFTK on vinyl. How much better is the sound than on the CD?

I have it on vinyl. In fact it's the first album I bought and I still have it. I had them sign it during the last tour. That aside, IMO an almost 40-year-old album sounds better than the ''97 remastered CD. It's more sonically open. CDs generally sound compressed in comparison to LP's to me. However I recently got the Sector set and it sounds really good.

• Like 2

with UFO?

Yep,

UFO opened up for them. It was September 77'. I think the cost was around $6.50 a ticket.

I believe the exact date for the Santa Monica Civic show was 10/01/77. But I think my ticket was $8.50! I got ripped off!

Well,

I saw them in Bakersfield, Ca. The ticket price might have been the same as yours. But, since you were LA. It might have cost you more with a bigger demand. Either way, consider today's prices.

I wasn't alive!

• Like 1

with UFO?

Yep,

Well,

I wasn't alive!

Thats ok,

Your a fan of the band! :D :rush:

Edited by troutman

with UFO?

Yep,

I missed it by one year. It would have been a dream to see Rush and UFO in the same show. My first tour was Hemispheres. I have seen UFO but not with Rush....
  • Like 1

with UFO?

Yep,

I missed it by one year. It would have been a dream to see Rush and UFO in the same show. My first tour was Hemispheres. I have seen UFO but not with Rush....

it must haunt you.

:)

• Like 1

with UFO?

Yep,

What city was the Hemispheres concert? :D

with UFO?

Yep,

it must haunt you.

:)

:LOL:

with UFO?

Yep,

Baltimore MD. The Civic Center. January 20, 1979...
  • Like 1

with UFO?

Yep,

Baltimore MD. The Civic Center. January 20, 1979...

Nice! :D :rush:

I just listened to an interview Geddy gave right before this album was released.

Geddy sounded so soft-spoken, mature and self-confident, even back then. I find that amazing. Was he born like that? :LOL:

It would have been interesting to have known him when he was a kid.

• Like 1

I just listened to an interview Geddy gave right before this album was released.

Geddy sounded so soft-spoken, mature and self-confident, even back then. I find that amazing. Was he born like that? :LOL:

His Mommy says he was a good boy. But, you know how mothers are. :)

His Mommy says he was a good boy. But, you know how mothers are. :)

Yeah I bet he and Alex were real hellions when they were kids. :LOL: