Alright, guess it's time for an update:

Nothing has happened. The few I wrote with kind of faded into nothing and the ones I'm interested in isn't interested in me and vice versa. Typical. But more important is that I haven't given it much thought lately. I'm too busy having a wonderful time on my own that the thought of actively seeking out dates is far from my mind. I feel great and don't feel I need a significant other. So far I'll enjoy it and save the loneliness for a rainy day ;).

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I will let it happen by chance. :)

Sometimes that works best. After I got divorced in 2004 I tried dating sites, went on a few dates. Dated one for a few months, didn't feel "right" and ended that. Decided to just let it flow and see what would happen on it's own. A few months later I met an amazing woman, who is now my wife. Totally by chance. I think sometimes when you're "trying" to find someone there is some kind of vibe people put out that others pickup on. When you are there out there doing your own thing and not actively looking things just fall inot place. If your online personaltiy is any indication of your "real life" personality the "right" girl will show up, probably when you least expect it.

• Like 2

Nothing has happened. The few I wrote with kind of faded into nothing and the ones I'm interested in isn't interested in me and vice versa. Typical. But more important is that I haven't given it much thought lately. I'm too busy having a wonderful time on my own that the thought of actively seeking out dates is far from my mind. I feel great and don't feel I need a significant other. So far I'll enjoy it and save the loneliness for a rainy day ;).

Sometimes that works best. After I got divorced in 2004 I tried dating sites, went on a few dates. Dated one for a few months, didn't feel "right" and ended that. Decided to just let it flow and see what would happen on it's own. A few months later I met an amazing woman, who is now my wife. Totally by chance. I think sometimes when you're "trying" to find someone there is some kind of vibe people put out that others pickup on. When you are there out there doing your own thing and not actively looking things just fall inot place. If your online personaltiy is any indication of your "real life" personality the "right" girl will show up, probably when you least expect it.

My online personality is the exact same as the real world personality, for better or worse :16ton: . Interesting thing is that when I'm in relationship my self-confidence attracts more people, and when I'm single not so much. I choose to believe that being whole on your own is far more attractive than someone looking for another to fill in a part in you. :)

• Like 4

FYI I met Eric online. It was some stupid website that one of my employees told me to try because "It's super cool, people rate your pics!"

Well, one rainy weekend I was bored and wanted to see what I would rate. I put up four pics. One of me standing with helmet hair, in my riding gear looking all mean n' stuff with two other motorcycle friends. The other was one of me that same day kissing the fairing of my bike. The other was a head shot of me in make up and the other was one at the beach with a ball cap on trying to keep from getting sandblasted.

Then I forgot about it for a week or two. When I remembered, I logged on and was surprised to find my pics at a 9.5 out of 10. I thought "Holy shit. These people MUST be desparate." I started rating pics myself. I gave low scores to women that were doing duck faces and showing cleavage and giving high scores to the classy ones. The guys, well I was a real bitch to the ones that were dressed like douche bags.

Then I saw the most beautiful man I've ever laid my eyes upon. I looked at his profile, saw a couple girls were fighting over him and then saw that he was indeed beautiful and we had 99.99% of our interests in common. I emailed him explaining that I wasn't really looking for a boyfriend, that I enjoyed my life and career. I also told him about the things I enjoyed doing. Flying RC aircraft, photography, horses, hiking, fishing, camping, and most of all, spending time with friends and my beloved sportbikes. His first words back to me were "Oh my god. Are you for real?!??" The rest is history.

He's my very best friend. The love of my life. I never knew that you could love someone so much that wasn't your child. That kind of love was lost on me. I never knew love until I met the man that has been so supportive of my dreams, my goals, he helped me get back into riding again after my accident. I almost gave it up, and he saw how much that broke me and so he bought my Ninja for me and we haven't looked back. We've been through hell and back together, and we are doing just fine. We've helped each other, we've hurt each other, we've loved each other and we are each others friend. He's not a perfect person, but he's perfect for us. My girls love him and prefer him over their dad, and he's a wonderful step parent to them. I'm so thankful that we have him in our lives, and we are so blessed. He took on a family that wasn't his when he was 25 and has supported us very well. I didn't want him to have to do that, but he did.

I take care of him at home. I make sure that dinners always made, that the house is clean, the yard work done and his laundry done so he can do the things he wants to do since he's so good to me. He will massage my back for me every night if I need it and sometimes at the end of the day, we will be together on the couch massaging legs/backs just spending time together. This still is going on after almost 7 years together.

I'm so glad I didn't give up on him during our trials. I've been strong for him since he's been strong for me. I truly love this man with all my heart and soul and never regret joining that stupid website.

Online dating isn't so bad, but just go into it with an open mind and no expectations and the universe will bless you with your own best friend! I truly wish everyone in the world had their own version of their Eric. The world would be such a better place.

Don't give up. Someone is out there that will give you wings and un ending love. :heart: :rose:

• Like 2

The other was one of me that same day kissing the fairing of my bike.

[...]

I started rating pics myself. I gave low scores to women that were doing duck faces and showing cleavage and giving high scores to the classy ones. The guys, well I was a real bitch to the ones that were dressed like douche bags.

Now I want to marry you!

;)

• Like 1

The other was one of me that same day kissing the fairing of my bike.

[...]

I started rating pics myself. I gave low scores to women that were doing duck faces and showing cleavage and giving high scores to the classy ones. The guys, well I was a real bitch to the ones that were dressed like douche bags.

Now I want to marry you!

;)

:unsure:

:LOL:

;)

• Like 1

AGP is right. Hell even on here... you'll never know who you will meet. :blush:

I met my significant other here on TRF. Nothing really much happened till we met IRL at a Rush Concert (of course) and then got to be actual friends and then started seeing a lot more of each other and now it's been over 5 years and we're still crazy about each other perhaps even more so. :) :LOL:

• Like 3

AGP is right. Hell even on here... you'll never know who you will meet. :blush:

I met my significant other here on TRF. Nothing really much happened till we met IRL at a Rush Concert (of course) and then got to be actual friends and then started seeing a lot more of each other and now it's been over 5 years and we're still crazy about each other perhaps even more so. :) :LOL:

You're right!

"C'est la vie" says the old folks, it goes to show you never can tell ;)

My online personality is the exact same as the real world personality, for better or worse :16ton: . Interesting thing is that when I'm in relationship my self-confidence attracts more people, and when I'm single not so much. I choose to believe that being whole on your own is far more attractive than someone looking for another to fill in a part in you. :)

I think this is pretty normal. You probably carry yourself more confidently then and feel free to be who you really are and not so concerned about impressing. Could be worse, you could attract nobody married or not like me.... :sigh: :unsure:

Update (again):

It would turn out that my canceling of my membership went haywire, so presto and I had paid for 4 more weeks. So it's back in the saddle. It's not that much so I'm not ruined by it. Funny thing though, I reactivated an old dating profile I had at another site, which I'm not paying for, and I'm writing with a girl from there.

So I involuntarily pay for a membership, and gets to write with a girl from another site. Ha! :D

• Like 1