Get on the ARK

Lost In Xanadu

ARK =

Act of

Random

Kindness

So share your stories. I am a sucker for the liberty mutual (I think) commercial with people helping each other. Seems like those moments are becoming more and more rare... at least from my experience... or maybe the assholes are just blinding me.

I have been trying to take a more active approach in seeking out these moments. I go out of my way on occasion to be that guy who makes a positive impact on others. Often my efforts go without a notice, not even a thank you or any sign of appreciation. People ask me why I keep doing it if that's the thanks I get, and I tell them that I refuse to become like them. Giving up is easy, fighting on takes true courage.

To get things rolling... When I stopped in the breakroom today, I noticed the coffee was almost empty. I started a new pot and I don't even drink coffee.

• Like 2

I went to the Bay Hill PGA tour golf event last Friday in Orlando Florida. The food and drink is very expensive at the event but there are young kids and their families selling snacks and drinks out of their backyards here and there (for charities mostly) as you walk around the golf course. I bought a bottled water from a young kid that was supposed to be only 1 dollar. I asked if he minded if I gave him 2 dollars instead. The joy, surprise and excitement on his face when I did that and gave him the 2 dollars was priceless.... :) Edited by Narpski
  • Like 3

I held in a fart while I was riding up in the elevator this morning.

WINNER!! :clap: :clap:

[end of thread]

• Like 1

[end of thread]

Its always about oneupsmanship with this guy. I post what I think is a nice, fluffy feel good story and he has to top it..... :rage: :sarcastic:
  • Like 1

[end of thread]

Its always about oneupsmanship with this guy. I post what I think is a nice, fluffy feel good story and he has to top it..... :rage: :sarcastic:

Well, that is about as nice as ILS gets, he's a f*cking dickhead.

Sometimes my acts of kindness are also a benefit to myself...

Last week at the grocery store, an old lady in a shopping scooter was having trouble exiting her vehicle to unload her groceries. I offered to squeeze by and assist. She thanks me, but the people behind me knew there were 2 reasons I did that :)

[end of thread]

Well, that is about as nice as ILS gets, he's a f*cking dickhead.

I should have taken that $20 from you Saturday! :moon: :LOL:
  • Like 1

Some kids in front of me at the convenience store didn't have enough money for the tax on the candy they were buying. I gave them the money they needed, they went on their way, and then the cashier went on a mini-rant about how schools don't teach kids common sense things like sales tax..... :laughing guy:

Some kids in front of me at the convenience store didn't have enough money for the tax on the candy they were buying. I gave them the money they needed, they went on their way, and then the cashier went on a mini-rant about how schools don't teach kids common sense things like sales tax..... :laughing guy:

I didn't realize until I was like 8 or 9... I went to a local drug store and got 3 pieces of 5 cent candy. I had 15 cents in my pocket and the cashier told me it was 16 cents. I asked her to ring them up separately because anything under 10 cents wasn't taxed :) She just gave me the penny, but gave me a look like I was a punk. Which I wasn't I just outsmarted the system!

I remember trying to buy something that was 2.50 and something that was 3.50. I was sure it was going to be 5 dollars and when it came through as six I started to cry. Then some old guy helped me out and made my day.

I remember trying to buy something that was 2.50 and something that was 3.50. I was sure it was going to be 5 dollars and when it came through as six I started to cry. Then some old guy helped me out and made my day.

That has nothing to do with taxes! That's just bad math :LOL:

That has nothing to do with taxes! That's just bad math :LOL:

I was in grade two and saw 2 and 3 which equals five. I hadn't learned about decimals yet.

• Like 1

I was at the gas pump, recently, and went inside to hit the restroom and buy a drink. Some lady had deliberately confused the cashier buy paying with a credit card and then trying to get some type of discount after the fact, I don't really know, but the cashier just opened up the register and said she would just be short. When I got up to the front of the line I gave her the money so she wouldn't be short.

I have gave away a tickets to football game when a family member couldn't make it and I've give away food all the time when we tailgate.

I put money in those Salvation Army buckets during Winter Holiday.

I haven't done much, because I'm stingy and I feel like corporations are out to screw me, but I'm trying to be nicer.

I leave coupons I have for items I'm not buying on those items in the grocery store.

I donated plasma for three years and never cashed the checks.

I run 5 Ks and half marathons for charity even though I don't really enjoy running.

I let people in front of me in traffic no matter how absolutely f***ing enraged I am.

My pastor calls on me week after week to pray with people that have special needs and I do it week after week after week although I do not feel worthy to so and then I kick myself and say, HEY, who are you Big Shot? Get in there and pray you selfish doof.

When people come up to me and say they need gas money and I ask them where their car is and they show me I tell them to pull up to the pump and fill the tank. That's a good one because most folks can't produce the vehicle.

When people lie to me about why they ask for money I tend not begrudge them wether I believe them or not.

I put up with my extended family.

• Like 1