Alex Simply Shines Like a Chrome Dome On "I Think I'm Going Bald!" "Caress Of Steel" Is One Of The Best Albums Ever Made! Mercury Records Sucks!

RUSHHEAD666

It's been many Keith moons since I put on a Rush record and of course it finally had to happen. Of course I picked "Caress Of Steel."

The album is still so fresh and so incredible. My 16 year old daughter just shut her door and thinks that "Caress Of Steel" is stoner rock. Classic!

I don't smoke weed, but I love to inhale this epic record through my smiling earholes!

I've met a lot of people including Rush fans over the years who absolutely hate "I Think I'm Going Bald."

I just talked to a buddy of my from the UK who thinks "Caress Of Steel" is an absolute 10 minus "I Think I'm Going Bald.'

I can't even relate to that comment!

I just listened to "I think I'm Going Bald" and to simply state, Alex just kills it on the guitar.

I find it hard to believe that Mercury Records was going to dump Rush into the gutter after soft sales of "Caress."

I guess Neil was able to strike gold with "2112" to keep the record contract intact.

Same could be said about The Who right? They were going to get dumped by MCA but the luckily Pete penned "Tommy."

I know I've written about this shit before but it's been years.

History seems to always repeat itself. Especially on a Forum where it's very difficult to be creative about the greatest band in the world.

RUSH!!!

RUSH ON!!!!!

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 1

Hey Earl! :smoke:

Where you been mate??

:guitar: :hi: :NP: :blaze:

Hey mate! Just took a long vacation! Hope all is well Pat! Hey I took the wife and kids to Maui during the first week of January. Wendy and I went to see Y&T at the Hard Rock Cafe! We partied with everyone until 4 in the morning! I had to get up at 10 am and drive the Road To Hana! I was hungover like a mutherfukka but ironically the only one who almost puked during the ride to the Seven Pools was Wendy!!! EPIC!!!!

Life is good, just less posting!

Perhaps I am growing up and not giving a shit about public media forums anymore.

Everything gets old just like me! LOL!

Cheers buddy!

Hi to all of my old friends on here. You know who you are!

Peace!

Hey Earl! :smoke:

Where you been mate??

:guitar: :hi: :NP: :blaze:

Hey mate! Just took a long vacation! Hope all is well Pat! Hey I took the wife and kids to Maui during the first week of January. Wendy and I went to see Y&T at the Hard Rock Cafe! We partied with everyone until 4 in the morning! I had to get up at 10 am and drive the Road To Hana! I was hungover like a mutherfukka but ironically the only one who almost puked during the ride to the Seven Pools was Wendy!!! EPIC!!!!

Life is good, just less posting!

Perhaps I am growing up and not giving a shit about public media forums anymore.

Everything gets old just like me! LOL!

Cheers buddy!

Hi to all of my old friends on here. You know who you are!

Peace!

:hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

Glad you're enjoying yourself Earl! :cheers:

I love the album. Every song on it. I don't get the ITIGB hate. It's supposed to be tongue-in-cheek. Some people are just too sensitive. :LOL:
  • Like 3

I love the album. Every song on it. I don't get the ITIGB hate. It's supposed to be tongue-in-cheek. Some people are just too sensitive. :LOL:

Or just to tough.

Either way, they're missing out, because ITIGB is great fun.

I love Caress of Steel, but I think ITIGB is just a good song, not a great one. It's fun and funny and still moderately serious. I like it the same way I like Dog Years, which is very similar in my mind.
  • Like 1

The first Rush music I ever heard. My friends car 8 track back in 1976 :sigh: . It will always have a special place in my heart for sure..... :haz:

Its the best song on the album.

I would give that to Bastille Day.

a lot of rush fans see the boys as intellectual overlords and find it offensive that they might have smoked weed, farted, said swear words, etc.

• Like 1

a lot of rush fans see the boys as intellectual overlords and find it offensive that they might have smoked weed, farted, said swear words, etc.

Okay, now you've just ruined my entire day. You mean they're NOT perfect? :LOL:

• Like 2

Its the best song on the album.

I would give that to Bastille Day.

Lakeside Park is tops.

Live I would agree. Kicks major ass and is one of my favorite songs and moments from them all time. Just a couple notches behind In The End live..... :cheers: :)

always love your posts man, caress of steel rules

Thanks buddy! I miss a lot of you guys and gals!! This is by far the best Forum on the Net!

No other forum in the galaxy could handle my zaniness! At least I've been on here long enough for most of you to get my sense of humor!!!

CHEERS!!!!