Can you taste the difference in water?

I can taste the difference in water from one municipality to another. I believe that most of St. Paul and the north suburbs get their water from Lake Vadnais, while the more eastern suburbs (myself included) get ground water. I've always loved the water from my city's tap from the ground, but the tap water at my work a few towns over, has a different taste that I don't care for.

Now, I've always heard- and it may or may not be true- that groundwater from the Midwest US is some of the best water in the world because of the network of confined aquifers that it runs through.

And bottled water is nothing special. It's just filtered tap water most of the time.

I'm not against bottled water entirely though, I just think it's important to realize that you're paying for the convenience of a resealable disposable container- not a superior water product.

• Like 1

My parents in CT have a well with a softener. Best tasting water ever. Moved to Kentucky...nope. Water is absolutely vomit-inducing. It's like drinking from a swimming pool.

My aunt and uncle in minnesota have hard water. They recently installed a water softener.

I aks "clarence, hows the new water softener work"

"oh hell it works great! When I shit it doesnt even splash!"

I'm pretty lucky... my water comes from my spring and it's the best water ever. I CANNOT drink any tap or public fountain water, period. I'd rather drink my own unfiltered piss. I really feel sorry for people who have to buy water that comes in a goddam bottle. What crock that is... $1.39 for a bottle of water. Holy shit... talk about a high profit margin. And, a rip off.

tx_rush said -

My aunt and uncle in minnesota have hard water. They recently installed a water softener.

I aks "clarence, hows the new water softener work"

"oh hell it works great! When I shit it doesnt even splash!"

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY TOO FUNNY!!!!!!!!

Plastic water bottles should be outlawed. They are a big part of world pollution and getting worse every day.

My suggestion is to put a value (deposit) on the plastic bottles or use glass that can be returned for cash. I understand Canada is already doing this.

Like when we (me) were kids we would collect bottles and turn them in for money.

Imagine if they put a deposit on plastic water bottles? All plastic bottles. They would almost disappear from our highways over night. Like beer cans. They don't lay on the ground for long, as someone will come along and pick all of them up. And no one would throw them away. I mean some moron might, but I save beer cans to turn into money. Plastic could be treated similarly.

Think about this when you buy that 48 count water case. Think about what you are actually doing. Recycling is not the answer. Its making the recyclables worth something so someone reuses them without being asked.

Thanks, rant over....

Edited by John V