TRF Prediction Thread and Roast: Rushgoober's 30,000th post

Tombstone Mountain

You know he's planning on something to document the occasion  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What will his thread topic be?

• A thanks to TRF for the years of support?
    • Another malignant VT thread
    • A thread asking the question "why do so many people here care what I think?"
    • Why BU2B2 ruins Clockwork Angels
    • Rushgoober's top 500 commercials off all time
    • Rushgoober's top 500 recipes for hippies
    • Top Ten Movies that make Rushgoober cry
    • Pink Floyd: Overtaking Rush as my favorite band
    • Why Krautrock makes me space out
    • Headlong Flight, how it grew on me, and why people say dumb stuff
    • Gerbils: Curiousity didn't just kill the cat
    • I love how Neil describes wildlife, and here's why
    • Rush concerts that live in my psyche
    • Ben Affleck
    • Behind the Candlabra—movie of the year

I briefly considered abandoning the Huguenot, but the lure of a huge shipment of H.P.L.'s homemade elbow macaroni for my craft projects was too great, so I decided to stick it out for a bit longer. Since I'm forced to manufacture distractions to entertain myself and prevent being consumed by boredom, I took another brief road trip today. First up: Geddy and Alex's childhood homes.

I rarely think things through, and never was the folly of such a habit more in evidence than today, when I found myself aimlessly driving around Willowdale, with no idea of just exactly where Alex and Geddy used to live. Finally, I just took photos of two rather nondescript houses on a cul de sac. They'll look great in my scrapbook next to the pic of me behind the garden center counter of the Continental Poultry Equipment Company. Frustrated, and hungry, I decided to dine at the restaurant where Geddy and Alex went after their "first gig": Prancers, now called Anton's.

As my ass slid across the red vinyl covered seats of one of the booths at Anton's, I noticed two decidedly familiar looking men sitting across the isle; strangely, they were both wearing sunglasses. Since they were within earshot, I decided to eavesdrop. They were scarfing down huge servings of poutine, and after listening to their conversation for about a minute, I knew who they were!

I was sitting across from none other than Marion Barry and ex-San Diego mayor Bob Filner. They said they had been invited to party with Mayor Rob Ford, adding that they admired Rob for being able to engage in such debauchery and still keep his job. They were dining at a relatively obscure establishment before the party to avoid being recognized. Marion had come for the coke, Bob for the hookers. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to hear where the party was being held, but I was able to surreptitiously take a pic of the pair. Now that's one for the scrapbook!

The ursid that haunts the grounds here at the Huguenot learned to play the trumpet with such ease that I thought dancing lessons would be in order, although I hesitate to get too chummy with the animal, since the fate of Timothy Treadwell is relatively fresh in my mind. Funny thing is, it refuses to dance unless I take the lead while wearing a bear outfit:

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20060408064606/uncyclopedia/images/3/3b/Dancing_bear.gif

I'm certain Tombstone has been feverishly working to uncover the reason for the long period of silence on the part of the Canadian authorities regarding the Rushgoober case, so we'll probably be treated to some long-awaited news next week. :eyeroll:

Did Anton's have the five that Ged and Alex spent there in a frame? The boys from Willowdale were throwing down on some poutin with Rutsey after the "Caugh-In" gig. Supposedly when John got up to take a piss, they were trying figure out which alibi to use to explain his dismissal from the band—diabetes or lack of ability. Apparently that has vexed the band till this very day as stories have varied between Alex, Ged, Ray, and even Liam.

When I read this, I had no idea Rush had a roadie named Liam. I thought you were talking about Liam Rush, the Australian basketball player.

:blink: :eh:

• Like 1

I briefly considered abandoning the Huguenot, but the lure of a huge shipment of H.P.L.'s homemade elbow macaroni for my craft projects was too great, so I decided to stick it out for a bit longer. Since I'm forced to manufacture distractions to entertain myself and prevent being consumed by boredom, I took another brief road trip today. First up: Geddy and Alex's childhood homes.

I rarely think things through, and never was the folly of such a habit more in evidence than today, when I found myself aimlessly driving around Willowdale, with no idea of just exactly where Alex and Geddy used to live. Finally, I just took photos of two rather nondescript houses on a cul de sac. They'll look great in my scrapbook next to the pic of me behind the garden center counter of the Continental Poultry Equipment Company. Frustrated, and hungry, I decided to dine at the restaurant where Geddy and Alex went after their "first gig": Prancers, now called Anton's.

As my ass slid across the red vinyl covered seats of one of the booths at Anton's, I noticed two decidedly familiar looking men sitting across the isle; strangely, they were both wearing sunglasses. Since they were within earshot, I decided to eavesdrop. They were scarfing down huge servings of poutine, and after listening to their conversation for about a minute, I knew who they were!

I was sitting across from none other than Marion Barry and ex-San Diego mayor Bob Filner. They said they had been invited to party with Mayor Rob Ford, adding that they admired Rob for being able to engage in such debauchery and still keep his job. They were dining at a relatively obscure establishment before the party to avoid being recognized. Marion had come for the coke, Bob for the hookers. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to hear where the party was being held, but I was able to surreptitiously take a pic of the pair. Now that's one for the scrapbook!

The ursid that haunts the grounds here at the Huguenot learned to play the trumpet with such ease that I thought dancing lessons would be in order, although I hesitate to get too chummy with the animal, since the fate of Timothy Treadwell is relatively fresh in my mind. Funny thing is, it refuses to dance unless I take the lead while wearing a bear outfit:

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20060408064606/uncyclopedia/images/3/3b/Dancing_bear.gif

I'm certain Tombstone has been feverishly working to uncover the reason for the long period of silence on the part of the Canadian authorities regarding the Rushgoober case, so we'll probably be treated to some long-awaited news next week. :eyeroll:

Did Anton's have the five that Ged and Alex spent there in a frame? The boys from Willowdale were throwing down on some poutin with Rutsey after the "Caugh-In" gig. Supposedly when John got up to take a piss, they were trying figure out which alibi to use to explain his dismissal from the band—diabetes or lack of ability. Apparently that has vexed the band till this very day as stories have varied between Alex, Ged, Ray, and even Liam.

Poutin was not even around back then.

http://i.imgur.com/IpysLXS.png?1

I don't think Rush ever ate him.
  • Like 1

From the Yukon Blade Grinder European Desk

An anonymous buyer has secured a more than unique collection of Pez dispensers during a private auction at Christie's, London world-renowed Auction House.

In a rather reclusive auction today, the famous King Crimson Pez collection, featuring dispensers reproducing EVERY member of the band from 1969 to 1974: Ian Mc Donald, Mike and Peter Giles, Greg Lake, Gordon Haskell, Boz Burrell, Mel Collins, Bill Bruford, Ian Wallace, etc etc... The set is known among collectors for its two exclusive Robert Fripp dispensers: Sideburns Fripp and Bearded Fripp, both non-functioning because "It's more Fripp" in the words of the original designer of the set.

The secretive buyer is "most certainly from across the Atlantic" said one YBG source at Christie's.

More Fripp is hip. Pez dispensers.

YBG Men are going to be the next big thing Goobs collects...did you know that?

• Like 2

Rome, december 16th

Every journalist has to live with a shadow lingering over his shoulder. This shadow has a name. It’s called: “the article you never wanted to write”. Being men on a mission, journalists soldier on, keeping faith that whatever the world throws at them, the power of truth is stronger and will keep them going. But this faith has been shaken to the foundations by the mysteries surrounding the by-now-infamous RushGoober Scenario. The result is that this is such an article. The YBG Europe desk is paying a high price for its commitment to knowledge. A very high price indeed. Still, TRF needs to know the truth. And the truth is ugly.

We decided to cut off the live feed from the YBG-Men mission last week, after the reports from our heroes started becoming more and more confused, suggesting that maybe they were being exposed to hallucinogenic substances.

The article you are about to read is the result of a 45-hours debriefing and a sleepless night spent drinking Polish vodka, conducted (the former) with separate interviews and constant fact-checking. It’s the best we can provide in terms of a rational, coherent, detached narration of facts.

After many afterthoughts, we decided to run the story without any commentary on our part. We wanted to add our insight to help our readers, but every time we tried, it just turned out… wrong. So this is how it went, pure and simple. We know our smart and opinionated readers don’t need our helping hand to make it through this particular neck of the woods. Still, if it reads to you like the journal of a really bad trip, the only answer we can provide is: it’s because it was.

Having their backs covered by Rocco and Luca, Umberto Eco and Monica Bellucci proceeded through the Catacombs, following the uraveling web of power cables that kept getting thicker and thicker, until they came to, in their words, “a huge cave in the middle of the earth”. When they entered the cave, they were approached by eight dwarves.

The dwarves turned out to be very kind and introduced themselves. Their names were: Kvlty, Snobby, Geeky, Nerdy, Knowitally, Holierthanthouy, Fanboiy, Hardcorey.

They called themselves “the working arms of the Pope SS”, the sinister monicker of the Vatican Science Squad, a clandestine think tank surrounded by legends. When asked who were the brains, the six dwarves explained that they had all the brains they needed and proceeded to show our team the “inexpicable construct” that stood in the middle of the cave.

Described by our YBG-Men as “stunningly resembling the atomic pile of the Batcave in the 60s Batman show”, the huge construct turned out to be what our investigation had already led us to suspect: a time machine.

The dwarves explained that, with the time machine, the Pope SS could summon any great scientist from any point in history: Einstein, Fermi, Edward Teller, Newton, Heisenberg, Hawking, you name it. They could transport them to the present, ask the questions and take them back. This way, all the great brains of history were at the Vatican’s disposal. Truly, a scheme of such grandeur could only be forged in the heart of the seemingly eternal institution we know as the Catholic Church.

But there was more. Our brave Monica noticed that a very peculiar object was placed inside the time machine. Looking further, she recognized the object was a Pez dispenser.

The dwarves explained that the Pez dispenser was “a catalyst”. When asked, a catalyst for what, they shrugged and replied that only the Boss could answer that. Then they asked to be excused, they had much to do. They were on red alert. They had to be ready.

Our next question was obvious, but if fell on dead ears. Our team did the best it could to observe and deduce, but aside from a big counter, “pretty much like the one in Lost”, they could not make head or tails of what they saw. The counter was stopped at the digits 29.999. What could it all mean? But then, the truth manifested herself in the form of a man which might very well be an avatar of truth for all the world. A man we had come to know very well, yet we could not claim to know at all: Pope Francesco “Big Guy” Bregoglio himself.

We were very relived to find that the Pope had found and rescued our missing comrades Luca Turilli and Rocco Siffredi, as they were standing by his sides like guardian angels. Not a more fittig pair of guardian angels could a man desire!

The Pope was eager to explain. The time machine, “which we call The Interdimensional Vortex” said Francis, was ready for Goober. It was meant to stop him from posting his 30.000 post on TRF. When asked why, the Pope answered that an unimaginable chain of events would result from that fatal post, a chain of events leading up to the end of mankind and the triumph of evil. When asked how he could be so sure, the Pope replied: because it has already happened. In my world.

What do you mean “in your world”? You are beginning to understand but are too afraid, aren’t you? replied Big Guy. Let me say it out loud for you. I’m the Pope from another dimension!

To be concluded tomorrow! Be here! Same Rush-time, same Rush-channell!!

Edited by H. P. L.
  • Like 3

Rome, december 16th

Every journalist has to live with a shadow lingering over his shoulder. This shadow has a name. It’s called: “the article you never wanted to write”. Being men on a mission, journalists soldier on, keeping faith that whatever the world throws at them, the power of truth is stronger and will keep them going. But this faith has been shaken to the foundations by the mysteries surrounding the by-now-infamous RushGoober Scenario. The result is that this is such an article. The YBG Europe desk is paying a high price for its commitment to knowledge. A very high price indeed. Still, TRF needs to know the truth. And the truth is ugly.

We decided to cut off the live feed from the YBG-Men mission last week, after the reports from our heroes started becoming more and more confused, suggesting that maybe they were being exposed to hallucinogenic substances.

The article you are about to read is the result of a 45-hours debriefing and a sleepless night spent drinking Polish vodka, conducted (the former) with separate interviews and constant fact-checking. It’s the best we can provide in terms of a rational, coherent, detached narration of facts.

After many afterthoughts, we decided to run the story without any commentary on our part. We wanted to add our insight to help our readers, but every time we tried, it just turned out… wrong. So this is how it went, pure and simple. We know our smart and opinionated readers don’t need our helping hand to make it through this particular neck of the woods. Still, if it reads to you like the journal of a really bad trip, the only answer we can provide is: it’s because it was.

Having their backs covered by Rocco and Luca, Umberto Eco and Monica Bellucci proceeded through the Catacombs, following the uraveling web of power cables that kept getting thicker and thicker, until they came to, in their words, “a huge cage in the middle of the earth”. When they entered the cave, they were approached by eight dwarves.

The dwarves turned out to be very kind and introduced themselves. Their names were: Kvlty, Snobby, Geeky, Nerdy, Knowitally, Holierthanthouy, Fanboiy, Hardcorey.

They called themselves “the working arms of the Pope SS”, the sinister monicker of the Vatican Science Squad, a clandestine think tank surrounded by legends. When asked who were the brains, the six dwarves explained that they had all the brains they needed and proceeded to show our team the “inexpicable construct” that stood in the middle of the cave.

Described by our YBG-Men as “stunningly resembling the atomic pile of the Batcave in the 60s Batman show”, the huge construct turned out to be what our investigation had already led us to suspect: a time machine.

The dwarves explained that, with the time machine, the Pope SS could summon any great scientist from any point in history: Einstein, Fermi, Edward Teller, Newton, Heisenberg, Hawking, you name it. They could transport them to the present, ask the questions and take them back. This way, all the great brains of history were at the Vatican’s disposal. Truly, a scheme of such grandeur could only be forged in the heart of the seemingly eternal institution we know as the Catholic Church.

But there was more. Our brave Monica noticed that a very peculiar object was placed inside the time machine. Looking further, she recognized the object was a Pez dispenser.

The dwarves explained that the Pez dispenser was “a catalyst”. When asked, a catalyst for what, they shrugged and replied that only the Boss could answer that. Then they asked to be excused, they had much to do. They were on red alert. They had to be ready.

Our next question was obvious, but if fell on dead ears. Our team did the best it could to observe and deduce, but aside from a big counter, “pretty much like the one in Lost”, they could not make head or tails of what they saw. The counter was stopped at the digits 29.999. What could it all mean? But then, the truth manifested herself in the form of a man which might very well be an avatar of truth for all the world. A man we had come to know very well, yet we could not claim to know at all: Pope Francesco “Big Guy” Bregoglio himself.

We were very relived to find that the Pope had found and rescued our missing comrades Luca Turilli and Rocco Siffredi, as they were standing by his sides like guardian angels. Not a more fittig pair of guardian angels could a man desire!

The Pope was eager to explain. The time machine, “which we call The Interdimensional Vortex” said Francis, was ready for Goober. It was meant to stop him from posting his 30.000 post on TRF. When asked why, the Pope answered that an unimaginable chain of events would result from that fatal post, a chain of events leading up to the end of mankind and the triumph of evil. When asked how he could be so sure, the Pope replied: because it has already happened. In my world.

What do you mean “in your world”? You are beginning to understand but are too afraid, aren’t you? replied Big Guy. Let me say it out loud for you. I’m the Pope from another dimension!

I'm wondering if the Pope is gonna sprout antennas...You're nuts bro! Is crack a street drug in Italy?

Keep the snowball rolling. Must say I'm into the YBG Men. Curious as to where that's going!

• Like 3

Wow Substance, you really are a dedicated fan! I'm learning a lot of things form the early days of the band thanks to your posts!

I'll say he is!

Where might I go to find out all of these things? It never occurred to me to delve into their past.

• Like 3

Wow Substance, you really are a dedicated fan! I'm learning a lot of things form the early days of the band thanks to your posts!

I was so inspired by that shipment of pasta you sent that I spent the entire afternoon making this:

http://i.imgur.com/XPYKUaB.png

A truly museum-worthy piece of art.*

* It's not elbow macaroni, but I couldn't bear to post any pics of the silly things kids make from that stuff.

Say Substance, you sure are talented. A Penne pasta flower. Cute!!

• Like 1

From the Yukon Blade Grinder European Desk

An anonymous buyer has secured a more than unique collection of Pez dispensers during a private auction at Christie's, London world-renowed Auction House.

In a rather reclusive auction today, the famous King Crimson Pez collection, featuring dispensers reproducing EVERY member of the band from 1969 to 1974: Ian Mc Donald, Mike and Peter Giles, Greg Lake, Gordon Haskell, Boz Burrell, Mel Collins, Bill Bruford, Ian Wallace, etc etc... The set is known among collectors for its two exclusive Robert Fripp dispensers: Sideburns Fripp and Bearded Fripp, both non-functioning because "It's more Fripp" in the words of the original designer of the set.

The secretive buyer is "most certainly from across the Atlantic" said one YBG source at Christie's.

More Fripp is hip. Pez dispensers.

YBG Men are going to be the next big thing Goobs collects...did you know that?

Good thing I am a woman.

• Like 1

:o :o :o

HPL, do you think this is somehow connected with the Third Secret of Fatima???

• Like 2

I was so inspired by that shipment of pasta you sent that I spent the entire afternoon making this:

* It's not elbow macaroni, but I couldn't bear to post any pics of the silly things kids make from that stuff.

Like I said he must've been adorable as a child.

"Look mommy! I built a spaceship out of dog poop!"

• Like 4

Rome, december 16th

Having their backs covered by Rocco and Luca, Umberto Eco and Monica Bellucci proceeded through the Catacombs, following the uraveling web of power cables that kept getting thicker and thicker, until they came to, in their words, “a huge cave in the middle of the earth”. When they entered the cave, they were approached by eight dwarves.

:LOL:

I never thought I'd see Umberto Eco and Rocco Siffredi teaming up to do anything!

Tombstone should steal some of your material.

• Like 2

:moon:

I always thought it would be in bad taste to use this emoticon, but it turns out to come in handy.

:P

• Like 3

Isn't he cute? Hasn't changed a bit. http://i.imgur.com/rHyDcw9.png?1

He looked like such a warm-hearted lad. It's a good thing he didn't become cynical and jaded as he became older, otherwise he may have become a real tyrant.

Believe it or not, I'd rather go live in his country at this point than stay in mine.

I could eat borscht and rye bread every day and wear a babushka.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

I always thought it would be in bad taste to use this emoticon, but it turns out to come in handy.

Bad taste is what we do here!

• Like 3

Bad taste is what we do here!

But always with style and elegance and, above all, class!!!

• Like 4

Isn't he cute? Hasn't changed a bit. http://i.imgur.com/rHyDcw9.png?1

He looked like such a warm-hearted lad. It's a good thing he didn't become cynical and jaded as he became older, otherwise he may have become a real tyrant.

Believe it or not, I'd rather go live in his country at this point than stay in mine.

I could eat borscht and rye bread every day and wear a babushka.

:o

Oh, Lorraine! I may have to join SOCN just to see what you're up to in there. :LOL:

• Like 2

:o :o :o

HPL, do you think this is somehow connected with the Third Secret of Fatima???

Well, I guess that depends if we are talking about the 3rd Secret of HIS dimension or of OUR dimension. They are different, as far as I know.

• Like 3