TRF Prediction Thread and Roast: Rushgoober's 30,000th post

Tombstone Mountain

You know he's planning on something to document the occasion  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What will his thread topic be?

• A thanks to TRF for the years of support?
    • Another malignant VT thread
    • A thread asking the question "why do so many people here care what I think?"
    • Why BU2B2 ruins Clockwork Angels
    • Rushgoober's top 500 commercials off all time
    • Rushgoober's top 500 recipes for hippies
    • Top Ten Movies that make Rushgoober cry
    • Pink Floyd: Overtaking Rush as my favorite band
    • Why Krautrock makes me space out
    • Headlong Flight, how it grew on me, and why people say dumb stuff
    • Gerbils: Curiousity didn't just kill the cat
    • I love how Neil describes wildlife, and here's why
    • Rush concerts that live in my psyche
    • Ben Affleck
    • Behind the Candlabra—movie of the year

It just occurred to me that it looks like I am now the lone woman here.

No worries. The girls will all lurk when the thread is pinned.

• Like 4

Dear HPL, they have all deserted me, and Sister Rosalia is totally exasperated with me. In fact, I will bet you dimes to calamari that she doesn't even pray for me anymore and has just left me to slide nonstop down the slippery slope of life.

As for the six Seven Cities of Gold dancers, I last left them dancing for their munchkins and the Groucho Marx wanna-be behind the desk. Not one of them - no, not even one, after all I did for them - was impressed with my Ruby Keeler-esque tap dancing steps - not even when I showed them I could jump rope and tap dance at the same time. You try doing that if you think it's easy!!

• Like 2

What? And the dancers? And Sister Rosalia?

Lorraine's got some serious amnesia. We must not let her forget the finger cymbals from Zildjian...those we're so choice.

• Like 1

It's unbelievable. One day offline and I find 4 new pages here. You guys are hardworking. :cheers:

Among other things we've been exploring Hobbit Metal. Dude, Yngwie should be shaking on his boots. He's no Paganini!

• Like 2

Lorraine's got some serious amnesia. We must not let her forget the finger cymbals from Zildjian...those we're so choice.

I'll have you know that I was taken by those shysters! Those finger cymbals rusted in no time, and no amount of silver polish, no matter how much elbow grease I used, got rid of the green gooks!

• Like 2

Dear HPL, they have all deserted me, and Sister Rosalia is totally exasperated with me. In fact, I will bet you dimes to calamari that she doesn't even pray for me anymore and has just left me to slide nonstop down the slippery slope of life.

As for the six Seven Cities of Gold dancers, I last left them dancing for their munchkins and the Groucho Marx wanna-be behind the desk. Not one of them - no, not even one, after all I did for them - was impressed with my Ruby Keeler-esque tap dancing steps - not even when I showed them I could jump rope and tap dance at the same time. You try doing that if you think it's easy!!

We know it's not. One of the many reasons men desire your company

• Like 2

I'll have you know that I was taken by those shysters! Those finger cymbals rusted in no time, and no amount of silver polish, no matter how much elbow grease I used, got rid of the green gooks!

Should'a gone with Sabian Cymbals, like Neil Peart...he kinda knows some stuff!

• Like 1

We know it's not. One of the many reasons men desire your company

Indeed.

Well! If my reimbursement checks from YBG Ltd. came in a timely manner (in fact, if they ever came at all :rage: ), and if I wasn't spending so much money flying here and there visiting the pope and trying to strike deals with him, and spending money on gifts for Goober and staying at fleabag motels and turn of the century ambiance hotels, maybe I could afford Sabian Cymbals. Not to mention buying the companionship of Substance by keeping him supplied with macaroni and glue.

• Like 3

Well! If my reimbursement checks from YBG Ltd. came in a timely manner (in fact, if they ever came at all :rage: ), and if I wasn't spending so much money flying here and there visiting the pope and trying to strike deals with him, and spending money on gifts for Goober and staying at fleabag motels and turn of the century ambiance hotels, maybe I could afford Sabian Cymbals. Not to mention buying the companionship of Substance by keeping him supplied with macaroni and glue.

Damn...woman—thou art miffed!

The Pope from another dimension.

It’s a title we at YBG Europe, in our geeky, deranged movie-buffs minds, could see Val Lewton or Roger Corman turn into a classic low-cost horror flick. Instead, it was the mind-blowing ace that the Pope himself, Francesco “Big Guy” Bregoglio, had up his sleeve for us.

When this truth hit our team, Umberto Eco began to ponder the Bell Theorem. Luca Turilli immediately coughed up a new concept album. Rocco Siffredi and Monica Bellucci looked at each other and said: whaaaat?

So said the Pope: I come from a dimension where war and misery have taken mankind to the brink of extinction. My dimension Pope SS worked to find out what could have led to this. We had scientists, mathematicians, even seers, prophets and Mark Bolan summoned up with The Interdimensional Vortex. I myself spent many nights with Nostradamus, Ed Cayce, Al Crowley, searching for the truth. Nostradamus was pretty pissed with Judas Priest, by the way. He hated that album. Anyway, we came to a point where the cause, the little snowball, the fly in the ointment, was found.

It all had started with RushGoober 30.000 post. Another trolling post of hate about Vapor Trails. It was like the proverbial straw on the camel’s back. The fatal penny in that old Scrooge Mc Duck story. It was like the world had seen too much hatred. It all started from there. And it went to hell, literally. It was too late for my world, but I still could travel back in time to this world, and try to save it. And that’s what I’ve been doing ever since.

I wanted to work behind the curtain, but Benedetto was adamant I take the front. So that’s what I did. My Roll the Bones Sermon was meant to put some sense into his mind… Actually, as long as he was held in prison under Ron Howard’s watch, with no internet access, I dared to hope we were safe… But now, mayor Ford has another agenda… and he isn’t returning my calls. The nerve of him! What he wants to do with Goober, nobody knows. So we are back to plan A.

But what will you do, exactly? we asked. The moment he logs in to TRF, we zap him back in time. Again.

Again?

Yes, again. You see, the entity you know as RushGoober is nothing more than a time loop. A time loop that extends from 1965 to the moment he writes his 30.000th post. Every time he tries to write that post, we send him back to 1965. The reality changes a little, every time. Once he had this turd polishing business in Las Vegas. Another time, he was the lyricist for Moby Grape. There was even a time he ran for President against Nixon! But it always, always ends up with him spitting hate about Vapor Trails, and the sh*t hits the fan.

Our minds turned numb by this knowledge, only Rocco could muster the intellectual strenght to ask: how many times have you been doing this!

How many, Kulty? asked the Pope. The dwarf replied: 42, Your Holiness.

Forty-two!! 42 times RushGoober had travelled back through time to The Summer Before The Summer of Love. 42 times the Vatican had conjured unspeakable energies to defy the law of physics. 42 times Goobs had been turned into tachyons…

The problem is, said the dwarf, each time we loose some tachyons.

What would that mean? Well, it’s not that easy, ok? Those little buggers, they get scattered around all creation. I think it’s safe to say there’s a little piece of Goober in everything, by now. Even in ourselves.

The perspective of Goober-Pantheism hit our brains like a bullett made of black terror.

Ever the voice of rationality, Umberto Eco was smart enough to ask: how did you get to build this technology? This time machine, this… Interdimensional Vortex, who designed it?

The Pope smiled his mysterious smile. I’m afraid I have to ask you all to leave, now. We’re still in red alert. But then, as if it was nothing, he dropped: It was given to us.

By whom? was the immediate question. Francis shrugged and smiled again. You may have bitten off more than you can chew, Mr. Eco, was his answer. But consider this. I know you like to call me “Big Guy” and I’m ok with that. Now ask yourself: what is the greek word for “Big”?

Our recount of the events surrounding the RushGoober Scenario ends here. The facts, the words, they are all yours to read and interpret. Tune in tomorrow for an editorial penned by YBG Europe Head-oncho himself, or should I say myself, that tries to wrap up some sense in all of this. As for the fate of RushGoober, it seems it lies in the Great White North. And it's up there that our hopeful eyes will continue to stare.

The Yukon Blade Grinder Europe...isn't that cool?

The Yukon Blade Grinder Asia...isn't that just as cool?

C'mon Asia! You can't just keep giving the forum bare chested women. The die has been cast JohnnyBlaze. Well, ok. As long as 73 is down with it.

The Frenzied Rushnuts

Dude, where's Orson? I miss Orson. Bring back Orson.

Orson looked too uptight and forbidding; he didn't really suit my personality.

I briefly considered this one, but thought it was too mindless: (mindless :laughing guy: )

http://i.imgur.com/zWQ2mg9.png

I'm very fickle when it comes to my avatar, so I'm sure I'll change it in about a month, if not sooner.

• Like 1

The Frenzied Rushnuts

Dude, where's Orson? I miss Orson. Bring back Orson.

Orson looked too uptight and forbidding; he didn't really suit my personality.

I briefly considered this one, but thought it was too mindless: (mindless :laughing guy: )

http://i.imgur.com/zWQ2mg9.png

I'm very fickle when it comes to my avatar, so I'm sure I'll change it in about a month, if not sooner.

Yeah thought about changing mine but what could I possibly replace it with? That was an amazing throw. 422' feet across water. Hard to top.

Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 1