TRF Prediction Thread and Roast: Rushgoober's 30,000th post

Tombstone Mountain

You know he's planning on something to document the occasion  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What will his thread topic be?

• A thanks to TRF for the years of support?
    • Another malignant VT thread
    • A thread asking the question "why do so many people here care what I think?"
    • Why BU2B2 ruins Clockwork Angels
    • Rushgoober's top 500 commercials off all time
    • Rushgoober's top 500 recipes for hippies
    • Top Ten Movies that make Rushgoober cry
    • Pink Floyd: Overtaking Rush as my favorite band
    • Why Krautrock makes me space out
    • Headlong Flight, how it grew on me, and why people say dumb stuff
    • Gerbils: Curiousity didn't just kill the cat
    • I love how Neil describes wildlife, and here's why
    • Rush concerts that live in my psyche
    • Ben Affleck
    • Behind the Candlabra—movie of the year

It's the German accent.

BTW Grey, almost all of the sweet mustard is gone. It was that damn good! Long live greyfriar!!!

Glad you like it.

Unfortunately replenishment will arrive with next years Christmas package. So I guess you'll have to wait. :o

• Like 1

Almost forgot!

CygnusGal sent a pigeon with a message. ( The bird managed the trans-Atlantic flight with few casualties.)

She's due in on the next flight. That should liven things up a bit!!

CygnusGal is missing in action. Please come home...sniff. Must've been the YBG 5.
  • Like 1

Wow, 24 hours offline and all hell is let loose.

All I can say is: Whimps and posers, leave this thread! The video of the YBG 5 is fantastic. They are true brothers in metal and I fear the Orbit Room is down to the ground. Good job boys. Can't wait for the DVD. :drool:

Wow, 24 hours offline and all hell is let loose.

All I can say is: Whimps and posers, leave this thread! The video of the YBG 5 is fantastic. They are true brothers in metal and I fear the Orbit Room is down to the ground. Good job boys. Can't wait for the DVD. :drool:

Imagine a deep German voice growling that rant—ach mein gott!
  • Like 2

Speaking about body guards and such, what happened to all of my comrades? All of a sudden, I feel very alone here. :unsure:

I'm still back at the Huguenot, attempting to appreciate the rustic charm of our quarters.

Where exactly are you? You've been gone since you announced you were going to Rome. I got bored here, so I shelled that 50 lb. bag of walnuts you bought. Since I had a lot of time on my hands, not to mention walnut shells, I resorted to arts and crafts. Here's some of my handiwork:

A chair:

http://i.imgur.com/JSItIIH.png

A nativity scene:

http://i.imgur.com/iuFdzY8.png

I'm not sure, but I think this is a sure sign that I'm losing my grip on reality. I guess 19 days of the "Justice for Goober" campaign have taken their toll.

I really have to use that outhouse, but I think there's a bear sniffing around outside. . .

Speaking about body guards and such, what happened to all of my comrades? All of a sudden, I feel very alone here. :unsure:

I'm still back at the Huguenot, attempting to appreciate the rustic charm of our quarters.

Where exactly are you? You've been gone since you announced you were going to Rome. I got bored here, so I shelled that 50 lb. bag of walnuts you bought. Since I had a lot of time on my hands, not to mention walnut shells, I resorted to arts and crafts. Here's some of my handiwork:

A chair:

A nativity scene:

I'm not sure, but I think this is a sure sign that I'm losing my grip on reality. I guess 19 days of the "Justice for Goober" campaign have taken their toll.

I really have to use that outhouse, but I think there's a bear sniffing around outside. . .

A chair:

A nativity scene:

I'm trying to imagine you as a child. I'll bet your parents are so proud. You’re making the world a better place!
  • Like 2

Rome, december 5th

As the whole world knows, we Italians hate only two things: bad food and taxes.

And as your great Benjamin Franklin used to say, dear American readers, one these two is unavoidable.

So this afternoon, after leaving Lorraine (who is still smokin' hot!) and the SCOG to practice their dancing number for the Pope - I refuse to put deeper thought into this, or I might become even more insane than I am now - which is due soon, I went back to Testaccio.

You see, I couldn't bear the thought of my tax-money going to pay... a turd polisher?? I'm tempted to say we Italians have had even worse jobs, but really, you have to draw the line somewhere.

So I checked out that strange fellow, Rugantino Frategiovanni, and sure enough I found him in the midst of his... activity. No shortage of prime material, that's for sure.

I did this the Italian way. I offered him a coffee.

So we sat in Piazza Navona, and Rugantino (same black clothes, black hat, black gloves) didn't shy away from my questions.

«Don't worry - he said - Your tax money is down the gutter but not because of me. I ain't getting a penny for this».

«Then why do you do it?».

«Well, turns out the dog poop is part of the charm. People don't want to come to Rome and feel like they are in Switzerland, you get what I'm saying? There's no such thing as too clean, not here in the Mediterraneo. We are passionate people, crazy, a little wild, and a little, just a little, dirty. That's what tourists want to find».

«Ok, but you're not sowing poop (Dear Francis, I can't believe I actually uttered those words), you are POLISHING it!».

«That's because it doesn't have to look TOO dirty. It's a fine line, you know? A little is ok. Too much is too much».

«But who gave you this... this task?».

«I volunteered. I went to the Mayor office and told my story. I've had a lot of experience polishing turds in the USA».

«Whaaaa.... You already did... this??».

«Actually there was a time, my boy, when me and my socio (that's "associate" for you, my dear readers) would roam the USA putting Steppenwolf to shame, polishing turds like there was no tomorrow».

«So you were not alone?».

«Nah. Actually, he taught me all about it. I was just a freaked-out roadie, working for Jefferson Airplane and Grateful Dead, but I used to drop too many amplifiers. So I ended up on the side of the road, till this guy picked me up».

«You must be grateful to him».

«Well, yes and no. We had this business, but he was very strong-headed. Very opinionated. So we parted ways, and I came back here».

«And you never heard from him again?».

«Bah. There was a time when I would receive packages. There was all sorts of s*it inside, and always, always Michael Jackson's new album, with a Post-It note saying 'I wrote this!', 'I wrote that!'. Insane s*it».

«Wait... Michael Jackson... What... what was your associate's name?».

«Ah, who remembers... he wanted to be called Goober, or Goobs... You know, those were the Timothy Leary years, if you get what I say».

«And now... you are forced to polish turds in Rome to get a living?».

«What are you, braindead? I told you I ain't getting nothing! I have my savings! I made a fortune in America. I'm a millionaire! I could buy this bar and the whole of this Piazza. I'm just doing it for the City, for the tourists, for the image of Italy!».

Indeed, dear readers, the Lord works in mysterious ways. How was I to know that, just by meeting some crazy bum in Testaccio, I would end up even more entangled in Goober's shady web of folie? Is there no end to his legacy? How long has this been going on? Just how deep do these roots go?

The only one with some answers seems to sit on Pietro's throne. And you just can be sure we'll be there.

• Like 4

Rome, december 5th

As the whole world knows, we Italians hate only two things: bad food and taxes.

And as your great Benjamin Franklin used to say, dear American readers, one these two is unavoidable.

So this afternoon, after leaving Lorraine (who is still smokin' hot!) and the SCOG to practice their dancing number for the Pope - I refuse to put deeper thought into this, or I might become even more insane than I am now - which is due soon, I went back to Testaccio.

You see, I couldn't bear the thought of my tax-money going to pay... a turd polisher?? I'm tempted to say we Italians have had even worse jobs, but really, you have to draw the line somewhere.

So I checked out that strange fellow, Rugantino Frategiovanni, and sure enough I found him in the midst of his... activity. No shortage of prime material, that's for sure.

I did this the Italian way. I offered him a coffee.

So we sat in Piazza Navona, and Rugantino (same black clothes, black hat, black gloves) didn't shy away from my questions.

«Don't worry - he said - Your tax money is down the gutter but not because of me. I ain't getting a penny for this».

«Then why do you do it?».

«Well, turns out the dog poop is part of the charm. People don't want to come to Rome and feel like they are in Switzerland, you get what I'm saying? There's no such thing as too clean, not here in the Mediterraneo. We are passionate people, crazy, a little wild, and a little, just a little, dirty. That's what tourists want to find».

«Ok, but you're not sowing poop (Dear Francis, I can't believe I actually uttered those words), you are POLISHING it!».

«That's because it doesn't have to look TOO dirty. It's a fine line, you know? A little is ok. Too much is too much».

«But who gave you this... this task?».

«I volunteered. I went to the Mayor office and told my story. I've had a lot of experience polishing turds in the USA».

«Whaaaa.... You already did... this??».

«Actually there was a time, my boy, when me and my socio (that's "associate" for you, my dear readers) would roam the USA putting Steppenwolf to shame, polishing turds like there was no tomorrow».

«So you were not alone?».

«Nah. Actually, he taught me all about it. I was just a freaked-out roadie, working for Jefferson Airplane and Grateful Dead, but I used to drop too many amplifiers. So I ended up on the side of the road, till this guy picked me up».

«You must be grateful to him».

«Well, yes and no. We had this business, but he was very strong-headed. Very opinionated. So we parted ways, and I came back here».

«And you never heard from him again?».

«Bah. There was a time when I would receive packages. There was all sorts of s*it inside, and always, always Michael Jackson's new album, with a Post-It note saying 'I wrote this!', 'I wrote that!'. Insane s*it».

«Wait... Michael Jackson... What... what was your associate's name?».

«Ah, who remembers... he wanted to be called Goober, or Goobs... You know, those were the Timothy Leary years, if you get what I say».

«And now... you are forced to polish turds in Rome to get a living?».

«What are you, braindead? I told you I ain't getting nothing! I have my savings! I made a fortune in America. I'm a millionaire! I could buy this bar and the whole of this Piazza. I'm just doing it for the City, for the tourists, for the image of Italy!».

Indeed, dear readers, the Lord works in mysterious ways. How was I to know that, just by meeting some crazy bum in Testaccio, I would end up even more entangled in Goober's shady web of folie? Is there no end to his legacy? How long has this been going on? Just how deep do these roots go?

The only one with some answers seems to sit on Pietro's throne. And you just can be sure we'll be there.

I dig crazy people like you, or is it genius? This is on the same level as Dante bro! Noy the guy who wrote the inferno. The guy from the movie "Clerks". Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 1

I dig crazy people like you, or is it genius? This is on the same level as Dante bro! Noy the guy who wrote the inferno. The guy from the movie "Clerks".

I don't know if I'm crazy, but one thing's for sure, Lorraine is driving me crazy nuts!!!!

• Like 1

I ate so much Prosciutto and Tortelli d'erbetta last night that I have decided to go on a three day bread and water fast - kills two birds with one stone - a few pounds lost and a modest plea for the release of our RushGoober whom I fear is languishing.

And now we have a brother missing as well. Where is Substance? Has anyone heard from him? Has he perhaps been detained in Toronto by the authorities there? Do they think he is impersonating a Rush fan as well?

His Holiness promised to go to bat for Goobs if Goobs promises to buy the Vapor Trails remix and gush over it. But first, Francis said, he must come here to TRF and make his 30,000th post a post of retraction for all the mean things he said about Rush. Somehow, I can't see him doing that. We may very well have seen the last of RushGoober.

Meanwhile, the Holy City has caused Lakeisha to get the religion bug. I last saw her in a heavy black mantilla weeping and wailing for her transgressions in a little church in the Trastevere. She's thinking of giving up her dancing career completely and becoming a beekeeper.

No sign of CygnusGal yet. Maybe I should look in the Cathedrals for her as well.

• Like 2

A chair:

A nativity scene:

A chair:

A nativity scene:

A chair:

A nativity scene:

I'm trying to imagine you as a child. I'll bet your parents are so proud. You’re making the world a better place!

You should see the mobile I made at summer camp when I was 12. It still hangs proudly in my mother's house — at the back of her bedroom closet. :P

• Like 1

RUSHGOOBER FOLLOWER APPREHENDED OUTSIDE FORMER HOME OF RUSH GUITARIST ALEX LIFESON

5 Dec 2013

Toronto, Canada (Reuters)

The arrival in Toronto of cult leader/cannibal "Rushgoober" has caused not only the world's media to flock to the Great White North, but also some rather eccentric followers of the diminutive troll, one of whom ran afoul of the law today.

At approximately 2 o'clock this afternoon, police responded to a call made by the current residents of Alex Lifeson's former home in the Rosedale neighborhood of Toronto, who said that a strange man had climbed over the front gate and was casually strolling the grounds, taking photos of the mansion.

"We occasionally see Rush fans take photos from the street, but we've never had one jump the fence.", said the current owner, who wished to remain anonymous. "He just stood outside the gate for hours, wearing an emu feces stained Salvatore Ferragamo shirt and holding a stuffed llama. We hoped he would go away, but when he climbed over the gate and began taking photos, we knew it was time to call the police."

Police arrived to find the man, a U.S. citizen known only by the moniker "substancewithoutstyle" (hereafter referred to as SWS), sitting in a rental car and drinking carrot juice while listening to Pink Floyd's Interstellar Overdrive. An inspection of the glove compartment revealed a Michael Jackson doll and a Vapor Trolls Pez dispenser. "That's when we suspected he was one of those Neverland cult weirdos, so we brought him in for questioning.", said RCMP spokesman Dudley Do-Right.

Do-Right went on to say that SWS appeared to be mentally disturbed, babbling about a place in Santa Barbara called the Thistle Dew and a woman named Lorraine, who is said to be currently in Rome with a man named H.P.L. "He even claims he's been making carvings from walnut shells at a motel called the Huguenot.", concluded Do-Right.

SWS was deemed most certainly a nut, but basically harmless. He's due to be released into the custody of Yukon Blade Grinder founder Tombstone Mountain, who could not be reached for comment.

• Like 5

RUSHGOOBER FOLLOWER APPREHENDED OUTSIDE FORMER HOME OF RUSH GUITARIST ALEX LIFESON

5 Dec 2013

The arrival in Toronto of cult leader/cannibal "Rushgoober" has caused not only the world's media to flock to the Great White North, but also some rather eccentric followers of the diminutive troll, one of whom ran afoul of the law today.

At approximately 2 o'clock this afternoon, police responded to a call made by the current residents of Alex Lifeson's former home in the Rosedale neighborhood of Toronto, who said that a strange man had climbed over the front gate and was casually strolling the grounds, taking photos of the mansion.

"We occasionally see Rush fans take photos from the street, but we've never had one jump the fence.", said the current owner, who wished to remain anonymous. "He just stood outside the gate for hours, wearing an emu feces stained Salvatore Ferragamo shirt and holding a stuffed llama. We hoped he would go away, but when he climbed over the gate and began taking photos, we knew it was time to call the police."

Police arrived to find the man, a U.S. citizen known only by the moniker "substancewithoutstyle" (hereafter referred to as SWS), sitting in a rental car and drinking carrot juice while listening to Pink Floyd's Interstellar Overdrive. An inspection of the glove compartment revealed a Michael Jackson doll and a Vapor Trolls Pez dispenser. "That's when we suspected he was one of those Neverland cult weirdos, so we brought him in for questioning.", said RCMP spokesman Dudley Do-Right.

Do-Right went on to say that SWS appeared to be mentally disturbed, babbling about a place in Santa Barbara called the Thistle Dew and a woman named Lorraine, who is said to be currently in Rome with a man named H.P.L. "He even claims he's been making carvings from walnut shells at a motel called the Huguenot.", concluded Do-Right.

SWS was deemed most certainly a nut, but basically harmless. He's due to be released into the custody of Yukon Blade Grinder founder Tombstone Mountain, who could not be reached for comment.

You are the man...I bow to this awesomness. Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 2

5 Dec 2013

woo-hoo goobs...er, SWS. I want be this articulate one day. You should have a poetry slam featuring nothing but Haiku's.

Excellent work...this has me retreating from even attempting to write again. You're parents are so happy right now. More importantly Goobs is happy right now. He digs you!

• Like 2

After a few weeks of insane working hours and tension beyond belief, I finally managed to take a day off this Friday, and just now I´m catching up on personal emails, TRF and other stuff. Loving this thread!!!

By the way Tombstone, what is the lineup of TYBG5?

• Like 4

Rome, december 6th

I tried to talk to Lorraine last night about the new-found Goober connection, but the dancers were practicing a new number, based on the life of Santa Chiara, and she just didn't pay much attention. Guess I can't blame her. She has decided to learn to play mandolin and write some songs.

So I went for a stroll and ended up in Campo dei Fiori. I started to talk to Brother Giordano Bruno, high above his column, sovereign of the same piazza where he was burnt alive. Why anyone hasn't used his cloacked, grim statue for a death metal album cover is still beyond me. I was hoping for some kind of comfort from one of the greatest phylosophers the world has ever known.

Strange as it may sound, as if answering my prayers, the column with the statue on top began to glow. I stood back just in time to see rings made of light forming on its surface, and going up and down in great speed. All the column, up to the statue, was lit by these electric rings of light, going up and down like crazy. It was a phenomenon this humble reporter had already seen. There could be no doubt about it.

It was a Tesla effect.

• Like 3

After a few weeks of insane working hours and tension beyond belief, I finally managed to take a day off this Friday, and just now I´m catching up on personal emails, TRF and other stuff. Loving this thread!!!

By the way Tombstone, what is the lineup of TYBG5?

It's a mystery dude. Bass player was reportedly very supportive of the Yukon Blade Grinder though.
  • Like 2

Rome, december 6th

I tried to talk to Lorraine last night about the new-found Goober connection, but the dancers were practicing a new number, based on the life of Santa Chiara, and she just didn't pay much attention. Guess I can't blame her. She has decided to learn to play mandolin and write some songs.

So I went for a stroll and ended up in Campo dei Fiori. I started to talk to Brother Giordano Bruno, high above his column, sovereign of the same piazza where he was burnt alive. Why anyone hasn't used his cloacked, grim statue for a death metal album cover is still beyond me. I was hoping for some kind of comfort from one of the greatest phylosophers the world has ever known.

Strange as it may sound, as if answering my prayers, the column with the statue on top began to glow. I stood back just in time to see rings made of light forming on its surface, and going up and down in great speed. All the column, up to the statue, was lit by these electric rings of light, going up and down like crazy. It was a phenomenon this humble reporter had already seen. There could be no doubt about it.

It was a Tesla effect.

Beauty and wonder amidst a roast is always welcome. Well done!
  • Like 1

OK followers of the Goober roast, it's Haiku poetry time.

Write one in honor of our favorite VT troll. Remember the pattern is 4, 5, 3

Here's my first:

Always speaks with contempt

never a loving, sweet tone

About Vapor Trails

• Like 2

OK followers of the Goober roast, it's Haiku poetry time.

Write one in honor of our favorite VT troll. Remember the pattern is 4, 5, 3

Here's my first:

Always speaks with contempt

never a loving, sweet tone

About Vapor Trails

bump

I'm on my way back to Toronto. But not without finding a gift for Goobs here. A Pez dispenser with the head of Girolamo Savonarola on top. When you flick the head to get a Pez, flames shoot up! It's a beauty. :) These Romans have such a wicked sense of humor! :LOL:
  • Like 2

I'm on my way back to Toronto. But not without finding a gift for Goobs here. A Pez dispenser with the head of Girolamo Savonarola on top. When you flick the head to get a Pez, flames shoot up! It's a beauty. :) These Romans have such a wicked sense of humor! :LOL:

And they're crazy to boot! Get it? Italy is shaped like a boot.
  • Like 1