Bruce Springsteen

Segue Myles

Bruce Springsteen  

40 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate him?

• The Boss- a music legend and gifted songwriter/singer/storyteller- deserves every ounce of praise he gets!
    • Talented, but slightly overrated
    • Waste of time, ridiculously overrated
    • Call that music? I don't!

I say try The Wild, The Innocent And The E Street Shuffle. Its my favourite Springsteen album and nothing like his later music (including the following LP Born To Run).

Bruce is very american, which is fascinating to me, as I long to visit the USA!

I made the mistake of visiting Asbury Park in the '90s, when it was in bad shape. Locked my car doors and drove thru all the top signs to get outta there.

The Asbury Park Bruce sang about died in the sixties after the riots.

I wonder how much those fans paid for those tickets up front?

Jethro Tull is going to be here and I checked the prices out for the tix. Forget it.

Always too much for the so called Working Class Hero.

Love him all the same.

• Like 1

I wonder how much those fans paid for those tickets up front?

Jethro Tull is going to be here and I checked the prices out for the tix. Forget it.

Always too much for the so called Working Class Hero.

Love him all the same.

I didn't even think of that irony, but you've got it right.

There's nothing like being young though. Even for him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=129kuDCQtHs

Edited by Lorraine

Bruce Springsteen is worshiped in the NJ/NY/PA/CT area. He can do no wrong. I had a good friend who passed away several years ago and he was the biggest Springsteen fan I have ever met. The only time he WOULD NOT attend a Springsteen concert in the area is if it was one show out of many. Three nights at Giants Stadium? He was at all three shows. Seven nights at Giants Stadium? He would take a night off and then bitch about missing something. Obsessed to say the least. And he had every friggin' Springsteen recording available, both official and bootleg. I miss the man.

Bruce Springsteen is worshiped in the NJ/NY/PA/CT area. He can do no wrong. I had a good friend who passed away several years ago and he was the biggest Springsteen fan I have ever met. The only time he WOULD NOT attend a Springsteen concert in the area is if it was one show out of many. Three nights at Giants Stadium? He was at all three shows. Seven nights at Giants Stadium? He would take a night off and then bitch about missing something. Obsessed to say the least. And he had every friggin' Springsteen recording available, both official and bootleg. I miss the man.

I know, and it's for that reason that I never paid any attention to him for a long time. I remember one time going to visit some friends in Maryland and stopping at a convenience store for something. The clerk asked me where I was from. At the time, I was living down the shore. When I told her that, she got so excited because she loved Bruce and wanted to know what it was like living so close to him. :unsure:

That was around the time Born In The USA was a hit. I didn't know how to tell the girl I couldn't stand him (and I couldn't at the time), so I just :).

I know, and it's for that reason that I never paid any attention to him for a long time. I remember one time going to visit some friends in Maryland and stopping at a convenience store for something. The clerk asked me where I was from. At the time, I was living down the shore. When I told her that, she got so excited because she loved Bruce and wanted to know what it was like living so close to him. :unsure:

That was around the time Born In The USA was a hit. I didn't know how to tell the girl I couldn't stand him (and I couldn't at the time), so I just :).

I often wonder how I'd feel about him if I was alive around the time of BITUSA.

As strong as the songs are that era really rubs me the wrong way.

You couldn't avoid him. He took his working class hero appeal and pushed it into the stratosphere. He was IT. The album. The songs. The videos. The tour. Then it was all U2...

• Like 2

You couldn't avoid him. He took his working class hero appeal and pushed it into the stratosphere. He was IT. The album. The songs. The videos. The tour. Then it was all U2...

It's one reason why he also has STRONG detracters. A-la phil Collins.

Mick

I'm just glad he came back down to earth with Tunnel Of Love.

I mean I might have adored him...but BITUSA would have killed my interest if that was my first introduction. I'm always so pleased I started from Greetings and worked forwards.

• Like 2

It's one reason why he also has STRONG detracters. A-la phil Collins.

Mick

Phil Collins can eat my poo.

Maybe someday I'll figure out what these people think gives them the right to impart their political views on an arena full of fans who paid lots and lots and lots and lots of money to hear their MUSIC and not their political opinions.

A lot of his fans don't care. Seriously, to some of his fans he is like a family member. Politics are more an annoyance than a turn off. He writes about the struggles of the working class, correct? Left and Right both have a foot planted in that struggle.

Maybe someday I'll figure out what these people think gives them the right to impart their political views on an arena full of fans who paid lots and lots and lots and lots of money to hear their MUSIC and not their political opinions.

I agree. if it's a tiny mention here or there i don't care. but Full rants mid show.

shove it.

i mean really, lol

Mick

• Like 2

A lot of his fans don't care. Seriously, to some of his fans he is like a family member. Politics are more an annoyance than a turn off. He writes about the struggles of the working class, correct? Left and Right both have a foot planted in that struggle.

I'm not bothered by it.

But I don't want to spend all that money for a four hour show where I feel bored half the time.

But if it is the source of his passion I'm glad it fuels great music.

I just wish he'd keep it about the music. His songs carry enough weight.

• Like 2

I agree. if it's a tiny mention here or there i don't care. but Full rants mid show.

shove it.

i mean really, lol

Mick

I actually turned down a concert in Wembley this year for this reason.

He might be my hero in many ways but he isn't my God. I have limits...if I don't think it's money worth spending I will support him elsewhere.

• Like 2

I'm not bothered by it.

But I don't want to spend all that money for a four hour show where I feel bored half the time.

But if it is the source of his passion I'm glad it fuels great music.

I just wish he'd keep it about the music. His songs carry enough weight.

He recently wrapped up three concerts at MetLife Stadium. I was all over the news. He played his longest concerts ever and there was not one complaint from the fan base. I know enough about Springsteen to know a large percentage of his longevity is due to his commitment to pleasing his fans in concert. A few bumps/rants along the way rarely ruins the trip.