Rush on a Roller Coaster

RushBoingo

Not sure how many people know about it, but in Universal Studios Orlando, there is a rollercoaster that lets you choose a song to listen to while you ride called Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit. Rush is not on the public list of songs, but by holding your finger on the logo instead of one of the song genres when choosing your song, a keypad will come up and entering 101 will play 2112 pt. 2 for the ride. I was just wondering if anyone knew about it/ actually rode with the song. I was going to, but the ride inconveniently broke down before I got my chance to ride. Can any one tell me if it is anything special, or if you did not know about it, what your thoughts are.

for a second i thought you meant Geddy, Alex, and Neil on a roller coaster and I pictured Geddy screaming really high-pitched, Alex laughing, and Neil looking terrified. I don't even know.
  • Like 1

This sounds like an urban legend...the ability to choose 2112 that is. The same attraction exists here in Japan at Universal Studios Japan. The coaster is called Hollywood Dream and you DO have a selection of songs. But you have to choose fast (from the time you take your seat to near that first dip). I quickly chose 'rock' and had The Beatles' Get Back playing while I was riding. Somehow it fit the ride.

I like the idea of songs while riding and everyone getting their own song due to the placement of the speakers. However, this is not a new idea...I remember as a little kid over 30 years ago going to carnivals and rock music blaring on some thrill rides. I STILL remember Aqualung playing on one ride in particular.

This sounds like an urban legend...the ability to choose 2112 that is. The same attraction exists here in Japan at Universal Studios Japan. The coaster is called Hollywood Dream and you DO have a selection of songs. But you have to choose fast (from the time you take your seat to near that first dip). I quickly chose 'rock' and had The Beatles' Get Back playing while I was riding. Somehow it fit the ride.

I like the idea of songs while riding and everyone getting their own song due to the placement of the speakers. However, this is not a new idea...I remember as a little kid over 30 years ago going to carnivals and rock music blaring on some thrill rides. I STILL remember Aqualung playing on one ride in particular.

I know it is not a new idea to hear music on a ride, but it is a new idea to chose the song to listen to. Anyway, the coaster in Orlando supposedly gives you about 20-30 seconds to pick your song if loading goes smoothly, so that's 10 seconds to hold your finger down, and then at least another 10 seconds to type in the song you want. Anyway, I have not seen proof of the song being used, but I have seen a video of the keypad being used and several sites giving a listing of the available song, all saying the 2112 pt. 2 is code #101.

for a second i thought you meant Geddy, Alex, and Neil on a roller coaster and I pictured Geddy screaming really high-pitched, Alex laughing, and Neil looking terrified. I don't even know.

I THOUGHT THAT TOO