Acoustic Set! Is it time?

losingit2k

If I see Alex hunched over that damned Ovation on a tripod, again, I"m going to hurl!!

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c187/john-wayne/John%20Wayne/d93f47d1.jpg

Edit: Can anyone photoshop a guitar into this pic?

Edited by GeminiRising79

Oh, just looked at the list you had LosingIt, you forgot one that is essentially acoustic, drums and synth on vocals. TOME STAND STILL feels really acoustic to me.
  • Like 1

Ticketmaster presents an evening with RUSH Acoustic Tour. *****Bring Your Own Pillows**** :laughing guy:

No $hit!, if you thought fans were falling asleep during the first set list on the last tour, it would be a major snooze fest with an "Acoustic" tour. Rush is a hard rocking band, not a gay-ass acoustic group

Ticketmaster presents an evening with RUSH Acoustic Tour. *****Bring Your Own Pillows**** :laughing guy:

No $hit!, if you thought fans were falling asleep during the first set list on the last tour, it would be a major snooze fest with an "Acoustic" tour. Rush is a hard rocking band, not a gay-ass acoustic group

Acoustic Is gay-ass? Really? I guess Neil's Setup prior to Grace Under Pressure was Gay-Ass then! I guess the beginning to La Villa, A Farewell to King, The Trees and The Discovery are Gay-Ass! I think your narrow minded posts are Gay-Ass! I'm Surprise your Avatar doesn't look like this: :moon:

Not exactly a whole acoustic set. But several acoustic songs, absolutely. Of course, what I mean is Geddy and Alex both have acoustic guitars and Neil uses an acoustic set. Something like this:

(Acoustic songs have asterisks)

Set 1

Tom Sawyer

Rivendell*

Half the World*

Far Cry

Jacob's Ladder

Closer to the Heart*

Roll the Bones

Xanadu* (in its entirety, tuned down for Geddy)

YYZ

Set 2

Limelight

Caravan

Workin' Them Angels*

Red Sector A

The Pass*

The Wreckers*

Headlong Flight

"Accélérer" (drum solo)

Resist* (without Neil)

The Garden*

Distant Early Warning

2112: Overture / The Temples of Syrinx / Discovery* / Grand Finale

Encore

Heart Full of Soul*

The Spirit of Radio

Well Since we're doing setlist now! Highlighted songs are Acoustic!

Set 1:

Far Cry

Caravan

2112 Overture/Temples/

The Discovery

BU2B2

Tears

Losing It

Closer to the Heart

Halo Effect

Nobody's Hero

The Garden

The Trees

2112-Finale

Set 2:

The Spirit of Radio

Freewill

Jacob's Ladder

Entre Nous

Different Stings (Extended Outro Solo)

Natural Science

The Anarchist

Red Barchetta

YYZ/ Drum Solo

Hemisphere (Prelude)

Xanadu (Entire)

Encore:

Limelight

Tom Sawyer

Headlong Flight

:codger:

Edited by losingit2k

Acoustic Is gay-ass? Really? I guess Neil's Setup prior to Grace Under Pressure was Gay-Ass then! I guess the beginning to La Villa, A Farewell to King, The Trees and The Discovery are Gay-Ass! I think your narrow minded posts are Gay-Ass! I'm Surprise your Avatar doesn't look like this: :moon:

I would, butt(SP)…LOL you are wearing it. Calm down Francis, you didn’t bother take the time to properly read the post, remember reading is fundamental and so is comprehension. As I stated Rush is a “hard rocking” band, they are not an “acoustic” band. I agree with you classical acoustic intros are good…like A Farewell to Kings, The Trees and La Villa. However; an entire evening with Rush performing all their great music which was originally conceived, written, recorded and performed as amped and rocking, to take that and make it an acoustic evening….is not good.

Edited by Motorshooter
  • Like 1

I would, butt(SP)…LOL you are wearing it. Calm down Francis, you didn’t bother take the time to properly read the post, remember reading is fundamental and so is comprehension. As I stated Rush is a “hard rocking” band, they are not an “acoustic” band. I agree with you classical acoustic intros are good…like A Farewell to Kings, The Trees and La Villa. However; an entire evening with Rush performing all their great music which was originally conceived, written, recorded and performed as amped and rocking, to take that and make it an acoustic evening….is not good.

Frances? That's it! You just made the list! Anyway, I never mentioned a whole Acoustic Tour. That was someone else's lame brain idea. I mentioned a made for TV show like MTV unplugged or something. Then after that, go on tour with a much smaller set as the one I posted on this thread earlier. I would never want songs like Limelight, Tom Sawyer, TSOR, 2112, Freewill etc. played acoustically. Just certain songs already in that genre. Songs like Tears, The Discover, Halo effect etc. No more that 5 or 6 in one set. Besides once Neil joins in I think it would have a whole different feel anyway. It would be nice to see Neil play his old acosutic set once again. Specially on a song like Closer to the Heart!

Edited by losingit2k
  • Like 1

I don't think you can equate acoustic Rush with Feedback...I believe there are a lot of song that would translate well acoustically. I don't think the boys will every do that though.

What I would love is an all instrumental set, so many good instrumentals, as much as I love listening to Geddy's voice.

Or an all 'B' Side set

Edited by hcm
  • Like 2

I don't think you can equate acoustic Rush with Feedback...I believe there are a lot of song that would translate well acoustically. I don't think the boys will every do that though.

What I would love is an all instrumental set, so many good instrumentals, as much as I love listening to Geddy's voice.

Or an all 'B' Side set

All good ideas. The good thing is, there are plenty of avenues RUSH hasn't traveled on yet! but they need to get going before the train breaks down!

• Like 1

This is just another setup for losingit2k to make another setlist. In fact, he's likely re-revising his originally re-revised acoustic setlist this very second.

like all other posts

Sorry Guys not taking the bait! :P