What song do thing would be the best show opener for R40something tour?

Yeah, but RUSH likes changing things up and trying new things. Lately I've been wondering what new things are left for them to do! The Instrumental Tour, PeW in its Entirety, An acoustic set, Complete Orchestra Tour, All Epics tour......All Epics now that woudl be something!

What would they do? Fountain, 2112, Xanadu, Camera Eye, Cygnus X-1, maybe Natural Science, and that's it.

If they did an Epic Tour and left out the necromancer and hemispheres, I would kill a man.

And that's about 2 hours of music there, so you'd only get 30 minutes or so for the "hits".

Yeah, but RUSH likes changing things up and trying new things. Lately I've been wondering what new things are left for them to do! The Instrumental Tour, PeW in its Entirety, An acoustic set, Complete Orchestra Tour, All Epics tour......All Epics now that woudl be something!

What would they do? Fountain, 2112, Xanadu, Camera Eye, Cygnus X-1, maybe Natural Science, and that's it.

Set 1:

The Spirit of Radio

Caravan

Working Man

By-Tor & the Snow Dog

The Necromancer

Mal-Nar

Clockwork Angels

2112 (Entire)

Set 2:

Limelight

Freewill

Cygnus X-1

Hemispheres

The Camera Eye

Natural Science

YYZ / Drum Solo

Alex's Solo/ The Garden

Xanadu (Entire)

Encore:

La Villa Strangiatto

Tom Sawyer

Headlong Flight

Set 1:

The Spirit of Radio

Caravan

Working Man

By-Tor & the Snow Dog

The Necromancer

Mal-Nar

Clockwork Angels

2112 (Entire)

Set 2:

Limelight

Freewill

Cygnus X-1

Hemispheres

The Camera Eye

Natural Science

YYZ / Drum Solo

Alex's Solo/ The Garden

Xanadu (Entire)

Encore:

La Villa Strangiatto

Tom Sawyer

Headlong Flight

Replace Working Man with Fountain, and I'd kill for the setlist. Hell, I might anyway.

• Like 1

Set 1:

The Spirit of Radio

Caravan

Working Man

By-Tor & the Snow Dog

The Necromancer

Mal-Nar

Clockwork Angels

2112 (Entire)

Set 2:

Limelight

Freewill

Cygnus X-1

Hemispheres

The Camera Eye

Natural Science

YYZ / Drum Solo

Alex's Solo/ The Garden

Xanadu (Entire)

Encore:

La Villa Strangiatto

Tom Sawyer

Headlong Flight

Replace Working Man with Fountain, and I'd kill for the setlist. Hell, I might anyway.

Sorry Dude, the only parts of FOL that will ever make any of my Setlists would be "No one at the Bridge" and "Didacts and Narpits". I don't really see them playing anything other parts off that suite live again. For your sake I'm hope I'm wrong but I really don't think so! I think Neil ruined that song with the spoken narration! :finbar:

Edited by losingit2k

Set 1:

The Spirit of Radio

Caravan

Working Man

By-Tor & the Snow Dog

The Necromancer

Mal-Nar

Clockwork Angels

2112 (Entire)

Set 2:

Limelight

Freewill

Cygnus X-1

Hemispheres

The Camera Eye

Natural Science

YYZ / Drum Solo

Alex's Solo/ The Garden

Xanadu (Entire)

Encore:

La Villa Strangiatto

Tom Sawyer

Headlong Flight

Sorry Dude, the only parts of FOL that will ever make any of my Setlists would be "No one at the Bridge" and "Didacts and Narpits". I don't really see them playing anything other parts off that suite live again. For your sake I'm hope I'm wrong but I really don't think so! I think Neil ruined that song with the spoken narration! :finbar:

You're definitely right that they will never play it again, but the same is true of The Necromancer (which actually has spoken narration - I assume that's what you were talking about above). Also, Hemispheres will at best get a little snippet. But they don't call them dream setlists for nothing.

• Like 1

Set 1:

The Spirit of Radio

Caravan

Working Man

By-Tor & the Snow Dog

The Necromancer

Mal-Nar

Clockwork Angels

2112 (Entire)

Set 2:

Limelight

Freewill

Cygnus X-1

Hemispheres

The Camera Eye

Natural Science

YYZ / Drum Solo

Alex's Solo/ The Garden

Xanadu (Entire)

Encore:

La Villa Strangiatto

Tom Sawyer

Headlong Flight

You're definitely right that they will never play it again, but the same is true of The Necromancer (which actually has spoken narration - I assume that's what you were talking about above). Also, Hemispheres will at best get a little snippet. But they don't call them dream setlists for nothing.

Actually I hear BY-TOR and The Necromancer like a medley like below:

Set 1:

The Spirit of Radio

Caravan

Working Man

By-Tor & the Snow Dog

The Necromancer

Mal-Nar

Clockwork Angels

2112 (Entire)

Set 2:

Limelight

Freewill

Cygnus X-1

Hemispheres

The Camera Eye

Natural Science

YYZ / Drum Solo

Alex's Solo/ The Garden

Xanadu (Entire)

Encore:

La Villa Strangiatto

Tom Sawyer

Headlong Flight

Actually I hear BY-TOR and The Necromancer like a medley like below:

Love it! If only they weren't so embarrassed by this time in their past. Geddy can't hit these notes anymore, but I'd loved it even if they dropped it a bit as they have with other early songs.

• Like 1