Clockwork Angels book?

pony2112

Lots of threads about the book. I enjoyed the read...would have enjoyed it more if it was about three times longer, but it certainly gives a whole different perspective to the album once read.
  • Like 1

Yes except the song order is a bit mish-mashed in the book, so people who read it first would hear the album tracks and say, oh that's happening now, but this happened first in the book, etc.

I read it and felt it fleshed things out a little. There is some story building that isn't directly linked to the lyrics but it follows the tracks of the album mostly.

Lots of threads about the book. I enjoyed the read...would have enjoyed it more if it was about three times longer, but it certainly gives a whole different perspective to the album once read.

I agree. I hate novels and my reading is all but limited to non-fiction, but this was the best novel I'd read since I was forced to read Steinbeck novels. I thoroughly enjoyed it and also wish it had been longer.

Yes except the song order is a bit mish-mashed in the book, so people who read it first would hear the album tracks and say, oh that's happening now, but this happened first in the book, etc.

Some of the themes run throughout, like the Anarchist, Carnies, Caravan, etc. Others are more chronological; Headlong Flight, The Wreckers, SCOG, The Garden.

To anyone contemplating reading the book: just brace yourself for a cringeworthy over-indulgence of lyric quotes :facepalm: :LOL:

(It isn't a bad read overall... in fact the album and lyrics are kind of like a mere summary of the book. But I do wish the book was better executed.)

Edited by dakota2112
  • Like 1

I bought the audio version with Neil narrating...love him but he should have let someone else do this. A bit monotone but I am glad I listened anyway. Plan on reading Candide to compare...(one of the influences Neil used for the story BTW) :NP:
  • Like 1

I bought the audio version with Neil narrating...love him but he should have let someone else do this. A bit monotone but I am glad I listened anyway. Plan on reading Candide to compare...(one of the influences Neil used for the story BTW) :NP:

Would you be interested in trading for your audio book of CA. I have about 20 hours of driving to do and I thought it would be a great opportunity. Thanks Robert