Has Rush cancelled many shows?

How often does it happen??

I remember the Chicago show on the TM tour getting canceled due to storms and equipment damage (and they gave out a free hat to those that attended the rescheduled show), but I really don't hear of it often.

I did a google search and all I got was hits for Big Time Rush canceling shows :puke:

In recent memory they haven't cancelled any shows, just rescheduled.

However, I do seem to remember a winter show somewhere around HYF/Presto/RTB... if memory serves Geddy had a real severe cold so they had to cancel a show somewhere... maybe east coast US?

It's a real vague memory... so I could be totally wrong.

A few examples of rescheduled shows off the top of my head

Time Machine - 2nd leg

Greensboro, April 2nd - rescheduled from April 1

Toledo, April 13th - rescheduled from April 6

Time Machine - 1st leg

Chicago, August 23rd - rescheduled from July 7th

Also a Denver date due to expected bad weather which never came.. I don't recall the dates tho.

On S&A there was a New Orleans show rescheduled due to an NBA playoff game. - again, I don't recall the dates.

Why would you even bring this up? Your thread title almost made my heart stop.

Sorry for the bad title, but you hear about other bands canceling shows quite often, and it seems like we are lucky with Rush. They are in the swing of another tour, and I couldn't help but think about it, especially after hearing of other artists doing it.

I believe they cancelled several shows at the back half of the Counterparts tour. The reason I've seen given for that is that Geddy's wife found out she was pregnant with their daughter. If so, there must've been some kind of complication, as I can't see a healthy pregnancy being a reason for Geddy to drop everything and flee back home.

According to http://www.cygnus-x1...h/tourdates.php the February 22, 1992 concert in Shreveport was cancelled. The following night they played New Orleans and that was my first Rush show.

Cheers,

frippy

RTB was my first show too... a few months after you:

June 27, 1992

When I was on Spring Break in Orlando, VH was playing a rescheduled date that I was able to grab some cheap tix to. Pretty sure it was the Balance tour...

Why would you even bring this up? Your thread title almost made my heart stop.

ME TOO!!! I was like "oh HELL NO. They are NOT cancelling when it's my first time seeing them." lol

My heart stopped. haha

• Like 1

Considering we are approaching R40, and people here listed very few cancled/rescheduled shows, it really says something about the boys. They want to play! Partly for themselves as they admittedly love it, and partly for us. They are for the fans, and only cancel if no other choice. Few bands could say that. Few bands have 40 years of touring with so few canceled shows.

We love em', they love us, concert hall!!!!!!

• Like 1

They had to cancel several shows near the end of the Hemispheres tour, due to Alex crushing a finger.

No need to cancel for crushed finger. He could have played with his toes or something.

Edited by NaturalScientist75
  • Like 1

I know for a fact that a show for Edmonton at Northlands, now known as Rexall place, was cancelled last minute, PW tour, horrible snow storm and they couldn't come up from Calgary where the gig was the night prior. This was before my time.

Good thing this hasn't happened too often in our winter wonderland. Although Bob Seger was postponed this March, supposedly, due to a terrible storm we had.

Bob Seger was cancelled due to a gnarly storm just outside of Calgary that closed the highway. Over 300 people were hospitalized in this accident and 150 people were treated on the scene.

http://www.blogcdn.com/ca.autoblog.com/media/2013/03/lead.jpg

Time Machine - 1st leg

Chicago, August 23rd - rescheduled from July 7th

Also a Denver date due to expected bad weather which never came.. I don't recall the dates tho.

The Denver date was 06/05/08 at Red Rocks. I flew out to Colorado from Baltimore to see the show. They cancelled it early in the morning because of a storm warning for that night. Needless to say, we went out to Red Rocks and sat in our seats at show time. There had been a little rain earlier in the day but the night was perfect. To say the least I was a little bummed.

Edited by RavNRush

Bob Seger was cancelled due to a gnarly storm just outside of Calgary that closed the highway. Over 300 people were hospitalized in this accident and 150 people were treated on the scene.

I know were getting off topic here but It was pretty safe to say that was just an easy excuse. They postponed the Calgary show due to Seger being sick, and the Sasktoon show that followed Edmonton's date was postponed with 1 days notice with no explanation. Then when they played the make up show a few nights ago here in Edmonton he apologized to the crowd for missing the previous date due to a terrible cough.

I know were getting off topic here but It was pretty safe to say that was just an easy excuse. They postponed the Calgary show due to Seger being sick, and the Sasktoon show that followed Edmonton's date was postponed with 1 days notice with no explanation. Then when they played the make up show a few nights ago here in Edmonton he apologized to the crowd for missing the previous date due to a terrible cough.

I didn't hear an actual reason for the cancellation but knowing that he had to travel when the roads were blocked like that made it easy to assume.