Iron Man 3

You know the problem with Iron Man???

He's just an ordinary human mortal in a fancy schmancy suit! He's not got superhuman powers at all!!!!!! :nya nya:

Listen to me IRON MAN! You're just a man in a suit! And with this can opener I'll pour you out of it like dog food for my pet beagles! :madra: :blaze:

He's just an ordinary human mortal in a fancy schmancy suit! He's not got superhuman powers at all!!!!!! :nya nya:

Listen to me IRON MAN! You're just a man in a suit! And with this can opener I'll pour you out of it like dog food for my pet beagles! :madra: :blaze:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOlumXJ5HWQ

Yeah, so he's a rich clever clogs, that's not superhuman powers is it? And if it was he wouldn't need the Iron Man suit would he??? :nya nya: :nya nya: :nya nya:

:yay: :yay: :yay: :hi: :banana: :banana: :banana: :nya nya: :nya nya: :nya nya:

That's why he's interesting, he's vulnerable. That's why Superman's not that interesting. Where's the risk for him? But shove a piece of kryptonite in his face and suddenly an elementary school kid can beat his ass. How dumb is that?! Even worse was The Beyonder. God and all the angels in heaven probably couldn't beat him = boring.

Iron Man 3 is good, not as good as part 1 but better than part 2. And it's a billion times better than Spider-Man 3 or X-Men 3. Comic book purists probably won't like The Mandarin in this but I did.

• Like 2

That's why he's interesting, he's vulnerable. That's why Superman's not that interesting. Where's the risk for him? But shove a piece of kryptonite in his face and suddenly an elementary school kid can beat his ass. How dumb is that?! Even worse was The Beyonder. God and all the angels in heaven probably couldn't beat him = boring.

Iron Man 3 is good, not as good as part 1 but better than part 2. And it's a billion times better than Spider-Man 3 or X-Men 3. Comic book purists probably won't like The Mandarin in this but I did.

I remember when I use to read comic books there was a time when Tony Stark was not allowed to wear the Iron Man suit and those were great stories. Tony Stark was a very torn and complicated person with many demons and that was the best part of Iron Man.

I remember when I use to read comic books there was a time when Tony Stark was not allowed to wear the Iron Man suit and those were great stories. Tony Stark was a very torn and complicated person with many demons and that was the best part of Iron Man.

I think you'll like this movie. There's a lot of Tony Stark in this. But that's not to say there isn't enough Iron Man though.

After the extra scene after the credits they showed a longish preview of Thor 2. That looks pretty damn good too!

I didn't say I didn't like Iron Man, or the film...

to coin a phrase I was just...

sayin...

:smoke:

Yeah, so he's a rich clever clogs, that's not superhuman powers is it? And if it was he wouldn't need the Iron Man suit would he??? :nya nya: :nya nya: :nya nya:

His superhuman powers are his intellect and wit. This makes him much more interesting than most other superheroes.:)

His superhuman powers are his intellect and wit. This makes him much more interesting than most other superheroes. :)

And so you prefer heroes with no powers? Like fireman? Police? Dog handlers? And nightwatchmen? So why bother watching super hero features then? Why not watch a police film or a film about firemen? A nightwatchmen extravaganza perhaps? Why allow the spandex suits of real superheroes to assault your eyes? Why allow their super-powered acts to invade your regular hero-supporting mindset? Why allow their tacky nicknames to inveigle your sensitive ordinary man lexicon? :huh:

His superhuman powers are his intellect and wit. This makes him much more interesting than most other superheroes. :)

And so you prefer heroes with no powers? Like fireman? Police? Dog handlers? And nightwatchmen? So why bother watching super hero features then? Why not watch a police film or a film about firemen? A nightwatchmen extravaganza perhaps? Why allow the spandex suits of real superheroes to assault your eyes? Why allow their super-powered acts to invade your regular hero-supporting mindset? Why allow their tacky nicknames to inveigle your sensitive ordinary man lexicon? :huh:

Duckie, you're starting to sound like THIS guy...

http://www.littlestuffedbull.com/images/comics/365hankmccoy/hankmccoy0114.jpg

:D :D :D :D

• Like 1

I remember them filming this in Cary, NC, where I was living, about a year ago. They filmed some scenes at Cary Town Center shopping mall and the scene was supposed to be at Christmas. Also, filming along a residential street.

And so you prefer heroes with no powers? Like fireman? Police? Dog handlers? And nightwatchmen? So why bother watching super hero features then?

None of those examples have the super-hero intellect of Tony Stark. ;) He makes Batman look silly IMO (who also posesses no super hero powers).

I find it best to forget all about the source material...helps the move be more enjoyable

Duckie, you're starting to sound like THIS guy...

http://www.littlestuffedbull.com/images/comics/365hankmccoy/hankmccoy0114.jpg

:D :D :D :D

:LOL:

And so you prefer heroes with no powers? Like fireman? Police? Dog handlers? And nightwatchmen? So why bother watching super hero features then?

None of those examples have the super-hero intellect of Tony Stark. ;) He makes Batman look silly IMO (who also posesses no super hero powers).

He's not as smart as Reed Richards, Dr Doom, Hank Pym, Prof Xavier, Bruce Banner, Dr Strange, Hank "Beast" McCoy or even Spider-Man. He's more of a business man/inventor/engineer, those other guys are geniuses.

He's not as smart as Reed Richards, Dr Doom, Hank Pym, Prof Xavier, Bruce Banner, Dr Strange, Hank "Beast" McCoy or even Spider-Man. He's more of a business man/inventor/engineer, those other guys are geniuses.

Haveta disagree there. Richards and Banner are the only ones smarter than Stark. Doom and Pym are probably his equal. After that come Beast, Spidey, Prof, and Doc Strange.

I find it best to forget all about the source material...helps the move be more enjoyable

That's very hard to do when you've known the characters forever and how they 'should' act. I hear what you're saying though. But in this flick Mandarin works and I could forget his comic counterpart.

Haveta disagree there. Richards and Banner are the only ones smarter than Stark. Doom and Pym are probably his equal. After that come Beast, Spidey, Prof, and Doc Strange.

Nevertheless he's just a man in a suit!

I think duck is just angry because if he admits that iron man is a super hero then Johnny just might be a super hero too. We have no evidence he isn't.

I think duck is just angry because if he admits that iron man is a super hero then Johnny just might be a super hero too. We have no evidence he isn't.

Johnny Blaze is a superpowered maniac!! :blaze:

Johnny Blaze is a superpowered maniac!! :blaze:

I wander like Kwai Chang and drink like Wolverine. That must amount to something besides well-worn shoes and a f*cked liver.

:blaze:

Just got back from seeing Iron Man 3. I give it a thumb's UP, but not a perfect score. I'm not a fan of how film producers mess with major characters. The Mandarin's true identity was a downer. It may have added to the comedic aspect of the film, but for me, it took away from the drama. There were a few pockets of annoying talk-talk-talk, where I just wanted to yell "SHUT UP!!".... :o :D Good performances all around, and Guy Pearce was excellent as Killian.

Good show. Not as good as the 1st, but much better than the 2nd. :ebert: :ebert:

• Like 1

Just got back from seeing Iron Man 3. I give it a thumb's UP, but not a perfect score. I'm not a fan of how film producers mess with major characters. The Mandarin's true identity was a downer. It may have added to the comedic aspect of the film, but for me, it took away from the drama. There were a few pockets of annoying talk-talk-talk, where I just wanted to yell "SHUT UP!!".... :o :D Good performances all around, and Guy Pearce was excellent as Killian.

Good show. Not as good as the 1st, but much better than the 2nd. :ebert: :ebert:

**********Spoiler below**********

Well, Marvel had different versions of Mandarin before in the comics. One was a robot that was used to control Hydra...used by Dr.Doom as a kind of puppet ruler. In another version, the Mandarin was a fictional character to promote Stark's image. Combine both of those and you somewhat get the Mandarin in Iron Man 3. Even before that the Mandarin was referred to in Iron Man 1 as 'the 10 rings', the terrorist group that captured Stark. Oh, Mandarin has ALSO been depicted as an organization as opposed to an individual. Soooooo, whoever wrote Iron Man 3 didn't just write a comedic role for Mandarin out of thin air. They definitely read a lot of comics to come to the final movie Mandarin which we saw. :blaze: