Do not want specific spoilers - How much of the setlist is changed from last year

It was a little disappointing when S&A Leg II only had 4 different songs. Out of curiosity, I want to know how many songs are different/new on this years setlist. And also, from which albums the new songs come from?

Please don't tell specific songs. Thank you very much for your help in this matter. I need to decide if I'm willing to shell out.

After only two shows into the second leg, it's been inconclusive as to exactly what Rush is doing this time around.

One song was swapped out for another between the two shows, but tonight might give us a little better idea.

It was a little disappointing when S&A Leg II only had 4 different songs. Out of curiosity, I want to know how many songs are different/new on this years setlist. And also, from which albums the new songs come from?

Please don't tell specific songs. Thank you very much for your help in this matter. I need to decide if I'm willing to shell out.

Really? You call yourself a fan? It's Rush...who gives a ratzass WHAT they play!

• Like 1

Really? You call yourself a fan? It's Rush...who gives a ratzass WHAT they play!

:goodone: X million

They could play scales and I'd show up! LOL!!

:haz: :rush: :rush: :haz:

• Like 2

Welllllllll....... In all fairness to the OP, there's a lot we don't know about his situation. I've already seen them on this leg (Austin) but that's because I LIVE there (I saw them in San Antonio, only 70 miles away from Austin on the first leg.....and ONLY because no Austin date had been named yet).

I definitely would NOT travel a large distance to see basically the same show. Now, if it was a completely different set list, I might trek 100 miles or so....assuming I could take off work the next day.

Then, remember everyone has a different financial situation. Some people have money to blow. Most of us don't. Did anyone see the promotional video the band made in Austin? That one guy had been to over 370 shows!! Must be nice to have money. Again, most of us don't......

Clem

• Like 1

Welllllllll....... In all fairness to the OP, there's a lot we don't know about his situation. I've already seen them on this leg (Austin) but that's because I LIVE there (I saw them in San Antonio, only 70 miles away from Austin on the first leg.....and ONLY because no Austin date had been named yet).

I definitely would NOT travel a large distance to see basically the same show. Now, if it was a completely different set list, I might trek 100 miles or so....assuming I could take off work the next day.

Then, remember everyone has a different financial situation. Some people have money to blow. Most of us don't. Did anyone see the promotional video the band made in Austin? That one guy had been to over 370 shows!! Must be nice to have money. Again, most of us don't......

Clem

Wow!....370 shows..holy crap!! In my case, I'm just seeing as many shows as possible this tour (seeing the same show multiple times doesn't bother this Rush freak!) Its just gets better and better...like a fine wine! Who really knows what's going to happen in the future. $$$ is indeed very tight, but I'm very happy to eat ramen noodles in order to see my favorite band!

• Like 1

One must not assume that being able to go to concerts means that someone "has money." Perhaps it simply means that going to concerts is the thing they enjoy most, and they forego all other nonessentials in order to be able to afford it. Edited by GeddysMullet

One must not assume that being able to go to concerts means that someone "has money." Perhaps it simply means that going to concerts is the thing they enjoy most, and they forego all other nonessentials in order to be able to afford it.

Thank you! You took the words right out of my mouth!!! This fits me exactly!!

:notworthy: :ebert:

One must not assume that being able to go to concerts means that someone "has money." Perhaps it simply means that going to concerts is the thing they enjoy most, and they forego all other nonessentials in order to be able to afford it.

Me too, my friend. Me too.

Enjoy your gigs! :cheers:

Oh, I will...It's not June yet??? :boohoo: :boohoo: LOL!!!

Enjoy your shows as well! (Assuming you are going to some...)

:) :ebert: :cheers:

I suppose you're right. I'm curious as to what the "average" tab of a show is. I mean, what's the average ticket price? $85? $90? (assuming you don't buy from a scalper) Then there's parking. Then there's gas money (which REALLY adds up if you're travelling to multiple shows that are nowhere close to where you live). Then there's food and beverages. Then there's concert swag. Plus, I would assume that if you had to travel TOO far away, you'd have to, you know, take time off from your job. Assuming you HAVE a job. Of course, if you don't have a job, where is all this money coming from?

Sorry, I'm digressing.

Maybe the fact that I have a spouse, two kids, and a mortgage skews my spending habits. Especially when ONE of my kids is a bigger Rush fan then I am (which means double the costs.....).

Again, it's up to the individual to decide what they want to spend money on, and my original point was SOME might not want to pay for multiple shows if the set list is the same......

Clem

For what it's worth:

I saw Rush last year at Barclays and this year they are at Jones Beach. Jones Beach is a horrid venue and the sound escapes into the air, plus it's pretty far for me. I don't know if I have the wiggle room in my budget to see the same set at an inferior venue even if it is my favorite band. They haven't sold out Jones Beach for as long as I've been going, and I might still go, but I'm less anxious about getting an early ticket in a good seat if it's the same set.

Oh, I will...It's not June yet??? :boohoo: :boohoo: LOL!!!

Enjoy your shows as well! (Assuming you are going to some...)

:) :ebert: :cheers:

I am indeed! I'm going to four shows, and in fact, one of them is one of the ones you're going to (Hershey, PA). Can't wait! :D

As for the rest of this, I don't think anyone owes anyone else an explanation of why they do or don't go to shows, or what they do or don't sacrifice to be able to afford it. Hopefully people who say things like "You call yourself a fan?" are joking and light-heartedly expressing their own enthusiasm for going rather than presenting themselves as being somehow more righteous because they are able to allocate their resources to it. And hopefully, people who say things like "Some people have money to blow" and "Must be nice to have money" are not as bitter and judgmental as they sound.

Clem

Right...but if it's a financial situation, and you have to ask about the SETLIST before you decide if you want to GO or NOT?

Sorry...if you're in a financial situation, please make the RIGHT choice and save your money! A Rush show is not a necessary luxury if you are having a financial issue! Please feed your family, pay your rent, utilities, etc...

...end of sermon....

Mathematically, the initial set list that Rush used last year has changed EXACTLY 0.000000000% this year, no more, no less.