Has Rush been around your entire life

Lost In Xanadu

Has Rush been around forever (as far as your life goes)?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Has Rush been around forever (as far as your life goes)?

• Yes, I was born after March, 1974
    • Yes, I was born in March, 1974
    • No, I was born before March, 1974
    • I am treeduck - who is this wanker? I didn't approve this poll!

Can get kinda nitpicky here, but I'm not talking about 1968 when they first formed. I am going to go by the first album release date of March 1974, seeing that was their first opportunity to reach "the masses".

I'm guessing this is the initial release of "Rush" on Moon Records. Prior to the August release on Mercury. Anyway, I turned 5 in March 1974 (got my first bicycle that birthday from Sears).

While they have been around for my entire life... I didn't get into their music until HS. A Mormon from Texas moved to the area and we became very good friends. He got me into Rush, and my neighbor was in a band - he lent me his copy of Chronicles.... what a journey it's been.

I was born before Rush even formed and didn`t become a fan until Moving Pictures came out...

But in a strange twist of fate, the first album I ever listened to was All the World`s A Stage I found in my sister`s record collection (I was actually looking for the song Crazy Train by Ozzy and figured that Rush "looked" like a band that would play that song. (yes I was very clueless about song titles and the name of bands)

...to make it evern stranger, I loved the song Limelight but had no clue who play it.

:D

While they have been around for my entire life... I didn't get into their music until HS. A Mormon from Texas moved to the area and we became very good friends. He got me into Rush, and my neighbor was in a band - he lent me his copy of Chronicles.... what a journey it's been.

Mormons LOVE Rush, but mostly because it so closely aligns with their philosophies. :P

Mormons LOVE Rush, but mostly because it so closely aligns with their philosophies. :P

wcm in 3... 2... 1....

wcm in 3... 2... 1....

:LOL: I don't now if he ventures into these parts very often.

I was born in 1971. None of their songs were played on the radios when I was growing up. Not a peep. Nada. The first record I heard was ASOH, but that was in 1998, and I was almost 27 years old. Since then, I made up for it by buying everything I could get my hands on. Planet Rock occasionally plays their songs, but still no other radio stations.

On TuneIn radio, there is a dedicated Rush station, 24/7.

• Like 1

I was born in 95 (no surprises there, huh) and I've liked rush since 5th grade, been a "true fan" (t-shirts, listening to the records, etc) since 8th grade

I discovered Rush when I was in 5th grade too. :cheers:

But Jimmy Carter was president when I was in 5th grade! :codger:

wcm in 3... 2... 1....

What/who is wcm? :huh: :unsure:

wcm in 3... 2... 1....

a mormon rush fan maybe? I got no clue

wcm in 3... 2... 1....

Yes...WCM is Workingcinderellaman. WCM is indeed a mormon, and one of the nicest guys I have ever met.

wcm in 3... 2... 1....

Yes...WCM is Workingcinderellaman. WCM is indeed a mormon, and one of the nicest guys I have ever met.

oh, that's cool. i have NOTHING against mormonism - i was just insinuating that rush philosophy and mormon philosophy might not have a tremendous amount in common. ;)

well if you like the band for the music and not the so-called "philosophy" then thats not a problem

that's true. i like some of the philosophy of rush, and some of it i disagree with, but only rarely is it such a dichotomy that it gets in the way of my enjoyment of any given song - it has happened though.

• Like 1