Quality versions of Not Fade Away/Can't Fight it?

USB Connector

I think I remember reading in a Record Collector magazine around 6+ years back that the actual original vinyl record was worth about £250. At least that was what the guy's asking price was.

Anyone know what the US equivalent is?

I've seen the Moon single go for almost $1,000 US on eBay. Or at least, that's what was being asked. I don't think it sold though. It is one of the "grails" of Rush vinyl collections, and can go for a lot of money. Naturally, the value amongst collectors is high, but if the market doesn't warrant someone actually paying that price, well, its hard to tell.

Bottom line...if you can find a great copy for $500 US and you have the disposable income, go for it! I know I would!

I'm talking digital versions. I wouldn't shell out the cash for a vinyl copy. I'm no audiophile but the version I have has lots and lots of clipping in it and it bothers me. I'm wondering if someone's got a copy that came from one of the vinyls that hasn't been compressed to youtube levels of audio.

I know Rush doesn't do bonus tracks and they have no extra material to release, but you would think these songs would have been released on CD somehow someway or another. God knows they're probably embarrassed by the songs, think of them as ancient history, are probably hesitant to release more early material without Neil, would have to pay royalties to the family of Rutsey, etc. Still, these songs are part of Rush history and deserve a more official release sometime.

Yeah, I know about that, but I'm hoping that someone that is in possession of one of those original vinyls has put a good quality file into circulation as it's probably the best the public will ever get of those songs.

Yeah, I know about that, but I'm hoping that someone that is in possession of one of those original vinyls has put a good quality file into circulation as it's probably the best the public will ever get of those songs.

I have a lossy version (mp3) of the single that, while most likely ripped from the original vinyl, sounds OUTSTANDING! Loud, clear (very minor pops from the age), and the bass is really nice and proportioned. Not Fade Away sounds fantastic. Can't Fight It has a bit of scratchiness, but it adds to the charm. Still loud and crystal clear.

I'm OK to share it with you if you want. PM me and I can probably send it to you via email.

This would be an AMAZING Limited and Exclusive Record Store Day release someday with a bunch of photos from the old days and maybe the live tracks from the Rutsey footage from the documentary.

Rich Chycki....I have a job for you.