My Young Drinkers Rant

When I were a lad....we had things tough...we had to learn to drink pints of bitter..dark brown and heavy on your stomach...fairly weak in alcohol so you had to force a few down to get drunk...or if you were really desparate slugging back your mates dad's whisky / brandy / vodka / gin neat out of the bottle 062802puke_prv.gif

Nowadays kids don't know they're born - alcopops, jello shots, pre-mixed coktails in a bottle - getting pissed was never supposed to this easy.

Kids nowadays - don't know how lucky they are. tongue.gif

When I was a teener we would take a liter bottle of mountain dew and dump out/drink half. Then put a very small amount of each kind of liquor that was in our parents' liquor cabinet to top it off.

Tasted like hell, but did the trick rofl3.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Yeah, but we had bottles of Thunderbird. Nothing better or classier than sitting on a park bench drinking from the bottle wrapped in a brown paper bag, ahh, sweet blissfull memories...

QUOTE (Disco @ Jun 30 2005, 02:56 PM)

Yeah, but we had bottles of Thunderbird. Nothing better or classier than sitting on a park bench drinking from the bottle wrapped in a brown paper bag, ahh, sweet blissfull memories...

Thunderbird - my god I had forgotten that 062802puke_prv.gif .

Wehen we got really adventurous we made snakebies from Merrydown Cider and Special Brew - we called them atom bombs fing.gif

QUOTE (Milton Bridge @ Jun 30 2005, 02:48 PM)
When I were a lad....we had things tough...we had to learn to drink pints of bitter..dark brown and heavy on your stomach...fairly weak in alcohol so you had to force a few down to get drunk...or if you were really desparate slugging back your mates dad's whisky / brandy / vodka / gin neat out of the bottle 062802puke_prv.gif

Nowadays kids don't know they're born - alcopops, jello shots, pre-mixed coktails in a bottle - getting pissed was never supposed to this easy.

Kids nowadays - don't know how lucky they are. tongue.gif

trink38.gif Amen MB!, though up here they use alcopops as mixers! I like my Booze to taste like Booze! where I'm from a drop of whisky in your morning tea/coffee, is quite common! keeps the cold out! trink39.gif

QUOTE (Disco @ Jun 30 2005, 02:56 PM)

laugh.gif T-Bird! Happy Days! Red or Blue? Always prefered the Blue, bit easier going down, you had to wash the Red down with a few cans of Breaker! wink.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (D-13 @ Aug 23 2005, 07:45 PM)
Meh...I don't drink to get pissed...whatever.....my friends on the other hand....

You are years more mature than your actual age, D. Don't change a bit. I've said it once and I'll say it again - I can only hope my daughter grows up to be like you when she is your age.

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Aug 23 2005, 05:20 PM)
QUOTE (D-13 @ Aug 23 2005, 07:45 PM)
Meh...I don't drink to get pissed...whatever.....my friends on the other hand....

You are years more mature than your actual age, D. Don't change a bit. I've said it once and I'll say it again - I can only hope my daughter grows up to be like you when she is your age.

blush4.gif Thanks RR!!! http://e.deviantart.com/emoticons/h/hug.gif your too kind smile.gif

I was having a beer with my dad, and he was telling me how when he was a kid they would fudge up their dirvers licens, (when they were just paper with your name and info on it) they would each pitch in $2 bucks and buy some black label (name of the beer) all they could afford and go driving, and by the time they got back from teh drive, the whole case was gone. funney stuff what he did when he was a kid, if kids of today would do that they would go out in handcuffs.

QUOTE (defrushfan01 @ Aug 25 2005, 09:42 AM)
I was having a beer with my dad, and he was telling me how when he was a kid they would fudge up their dirvers licens, (when they were just paper with your name and info on it) they would each pitch in $2 bucks and buy some black label (name of the beer) all they could afford and go driving, and by the time they got back from teh drive, the whole case was gone. funney stuff what he did when he was a kid, if kids of today would do that they would go out in handcuffs.

I gotta hang out with your dad more often...

And your sister tongue.gif

Edited by kazzman

QUOTE (kazzman @ Aug 25 2005, 02:03 PM)
QUOTE (defrushfan01 @ Aug 25 2005, 09:42 AM)

I gotta hang out with your dad more often...

And your sister tongue.gif

you only wish mad.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (kazzman @ Aug 25 2005, 02:21 PM)
QUOTE (defrushfan01 @ Aug 25 2005, 02:09 PM)
you only wish  mad.gif

Not when I've got my girlfriend...

Plus your sis is for Luke, remember? tongue.gif

Thats true....you missed the thong on his head though!

laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (defrushfan01 @ Aug 25 2005, 02:40 PM)
you only wish  mad.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif

And I'm very happy I missed it...

QUOTE (kazzman @ Aug 25 2005, 02:14 PM)
you only wish  mad.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif

This is most definitely a Young Drinkers Rant. wink.gif

QUOTE (kazzman @ Aug 25 2005, 11:14 AM)
you only wish  mad.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif

I don't know. If the thong is on his head, that means it isn't on her... well...where it would normally be worn. That can't be all bad. cool.gif

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Aug 25 2005, 05:19 PM)
QUOTE (kazzman @ Aug 25 2005, 11:14 AM)
you only wish  mad.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif

I don't know. If the thong is on his head, that means it isn't on her... well...where it would normally be worn. That can't be all bad. cool.gif

too bad she wasnt home. she was at a friends house

QUOTE (My_Shrimp_Cot @ Jun 30 2005, 02:52 PM)
When I was a teener we would take a liter bottle of mountain dew and dump out/drink half. Then put a very small amount of each kind of liquor that was in our parents' liquor cabinet to top it off.

Tasted like hell, but did the trick rofl3.gif

That's pretty ghetto, yo.