The bread thread

Tom Sawyer

I found a sugar free recipe for zucchini bread. I can't wait to try it out. I've always loved it but I've never loved the amount of sugar required to make it. Im switching to use honey and applesauce as alternatives to sugar as I've been cutting it out of my food, and feeling much better digestive wise because of it too.

I love Sourdough bread. :drool:

For me (when I eat bread at all), it depends on the sourdough. Some is just much TOO sour. About 20 years ago Hardee's had a bigass bacon cheeseburger served on thick sourdough toast. As inauthentic as I'm sure it was, it was DAMN good!

Hardee's is frickin' goooood. I haven't eaten at one in forever, but man I loved their hot ham and cheese sandwiches.

Hardee's got taken over by Carl's Jr and went to hell in a hurry.

You mean they were bought out but kept the name? That's too bad. There aren't any around me. They introduced this hellacious sandwich a few years back that I was interested in trying, but the closest one to me was probably 90 minutes away. I just couldn't justify the trip.

Yes, they did keep the name. My wife is from the south and loved the old Hardee's, especially their breakfast. Now she won't even go there. When they changed their logo to feature a star is when they were bought out...Carl's Jr is from California and is best known for their commercials featuring Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian.

• Like 1

I love Sourdough bread. :drool:

Me too... very few things compare to warm sourdough and balsalmic vinegar or butter melting on it.... mmm

:yes:

• Like 1

My wife bought some sourdough bread last week. My six year old son liked it so much, he made it a point to tell my wife to "get more of that sour bread mom!" :)

I love the smell of fresh baked bread ... aahhhhhhh!!!

But there is levels.

Oh yeah...

Rosemary and olive oil...yeah!

And for breakfast every morning - 1/2 an asiago cheese bagel made at Panera Bread. Toasted!!! :ebert:

I have never had Panera bread. We have one here in town and I have never tried it.

Is it a bakery where you can go in and buy stuff or a restaurant? Or both?