Restaurant experiences

Lost In Xanadu

Carrabba's is a small chain restaurant that always serves amazing Italian food.

I only touch upscale places on birthdays and holidays at this point, and even then, that often means "Olive Garden".

I also remember a restaurant called "The Cliff" (I think) in Laguna Beach that was quite good.

Carrabbas can't be that small of a chain, can it? I'm too lazy to look it up but there've got to be hundreds of them scattered across the states. There are 5 in my hometown alone. But anyway, yeah it's pretty decent.

As it turns out, there are 231 of them hahaha

Only one around me! And it's 40 miles away!

Don't feel too deprived. The nearest one to me is probably over 5000 miles away. No joke.

I only touch upscale places on birthdays and holidays at this point, and even then, that often means "Olive Garden".

I also remember a restaurant called "The Cliff" (I think) in Laguna Beach that was quite good.

Carrabbas can't be that small of a chain, can it? I'm too lazy to look it up but there've got to be hundreds of them scattered across the states. There are 5 in my hometown alone. But anyway, yeah it's pretty decent.

As it turns out, there are 231 of them hahaha

Only one around me! And it's 40 miles away!

Don't feel too deprived. The nearest one to me is probably over 5000 miles away. No joke.

I'm walking distance from a DelTaco, so I'm set for life.

How would you feel about this?

Went to lunch with a coworker today to catch a little of the NCAA tourney. Went to a nice bar and grill that we have been to before. I usually get a burger or chicken sandwich... today I wanted a lighter meal so I ordered the Grilled Tuna Salad.

Here is the description:

A charbroiled 6oz yellowfin tuna steak, tomato, cucumber, red onion and croutons served on mixed greens.

What do you think when you see "mixed greens"?

I got a pile of shitty iceberg lettuce. My most hated of all lettuces.

I'm not one to complain, and I didn't in this instance, but I thought it was false advertising... or at the very least, poorly worded on the menu.

How would you feel about this?

Went to lunch with a coworker today to catch a little of the NCAA tourney. Went to a nice bar and grill that we have been to before. I usually get a burger or chicken sandwich... today I wanted a lighter meal so I ordered the Grilled Tuna Salad.

Here is the description:

A charbroiled 6oz yellowfin tuna steak, tomato, cucumber, red onion and croutons served on mixed greens.

What do you think when you see "mixed greens"?

I got a pile of shitty iceberg lettuce. My most hated of all lettuces.

I'm not one to complain, and I didn't in this instance, but I thought it was false advertising... or at the very least, poorly worded on the menu.

I have to side with you. I would expect to have nice tossed greens from a place serving seared tuna, not iceberg.

I actually like iceberg and it has its place which is next to a steak, cut in a thick wedge and drizzled in a homemade blue cheese dressing.

But yeah, it was wise probably not to complain. When you complain, you can best be sure that something icky is coming back on your plate. I've never seen or heard of any good going back to the complaining customer.