Grace Vs The Raven

Mr. Not

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• The Raven That Refused to Sing
    • Grace For Drowning
    • I don't listen to leaks on account of I'm not a spoiled little shit of the 21st century. Can't Say.
    • I'll decide later.

I think I'll end up liking The Raven more than Grace overall, but its too early to tell. Right now I'd go with The Raven.

Why didn't you include Insurgentes in the poll?

In short: bias. Didn't think that would be anyone's favorite, and even if it was, I'm just interested in Grace vs Raven.

OK, I think I have this right:

1. Luminol

2. Raven that Refused to Sing

3. Drive Home

4. The Pin Drop

5. The Watchmaker

6. The Holy Drinker

The Holy Drinker isn't pretty, I like the chorus and think it's really fun, but the rest of the song is too heavy I guess... Don't appreciate the key use all that much here either. The rest of the songs are masterpieces, The Watchmaker is a uniquely sad song, it's a song about lost love, but that was completely because of one's own fault... Just bad feelings are conveyed in this song in every possible way. Maybe it's just because I've been in a relationship for about two years now and I realize things are a lot different than they were in the first few months :LOL:

But still, Grace for Drowning is a double album, a lot of content there. The album is what got me into SW and recently PT entirely...

Perhaps I could encapsulate GFD into one album so I can better compare?

(order of appearance)

1. Grace for Drowning

2. Deform to Form a Star

3. Postcard

4. Remainder the Black Dog

5. Index

6. Track One

7. Raider II

I estimate that's about 56 minutes long, fair against the 54 minutes of Raven.

Still hard to say...

The Holy Drinker isn't pretty, I like the chorus and think it's really fun, but the rest of the song is too heavy I guess... Don't appreciate the key use all that much here either.

I really love this song, especially the keys. Right now, this is my ranking:

1. The Raven That Refused to Sing

2. The Holy Drinker

3. Luminol

4. Drive Home

5. The Pin Drop

6. The Watchmaker

I have a feeling that The Watchmaker will move up over time.

The Holy Drinker isn't pretty, I like the chorus and think it's really fun, but the rest of the song is too heavy I guess... Don't appreciate the key use all that much here either.

2. The Holy Drinker

3. Luminol

4. Drive Home

5. The Pin Drop

6. The Watchmaker

When the album comes out on Feb 25 won't it be a bit of an anticlimax for you now?

2. The Holy Drinker

3. Luminol

4. Drive Home

5. The Pin Drop

6. The Watchmaker

When the album comes out on Feb 25 won't it be a bit of an anticlimax for you now?

Not really. I didn't listen to the leak for Grace for Drowning and it was kind of overwhelming when it finally came (2 days after the release date). I was trying to focus fully on the music but I also wanted to browse through the photos/illustrations and lyrics in the deluxe edition. When The Raven comes out, I'll have the book to look through and it'll be a completely different experience than listening to the leak.