"Zeppelin" to be on Letterman Monday Night

apetersvt

"Led Zeppelin may not be hitting any music-arena stages any longer, but it was a thrill nonetheless to see Robert Plant, Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones, the surviving members of Zep, make a rare television appearance together on Monday night’s episode of Late Show with David Letterman.

Promoting the band’s celebration at the Kennedy Center Honors and the Celebration Day release, Letterman spent considerable time exploring Zeppelin's influences, as well as the decision to break up the band following beloved drummer John Bonham’s death.

Let's be real, though: the entire experience was a waste of time. Letterman described Bonham as “your drummer who died,” and also asked the band to “help me out with a description” for their sound. It was at times comical, but the momentous occasion did very little to truly excite anyone pining for news of new shows, strong anecdotes or really anything beyond some awkward conversation. Letterman may as well have had no idea who was on the stage with him."

http://www.craveonline.com/music/articles/200989-watch-led-zeppelin-on-letterman

"Led Zeppelin may not be hitting any music-arena stages any longer, but it was a thrill nonetheless to see Robert Plant, Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones, the surviving members of Zep, make a rare television appearance together on Monday night’s episode of Late Show with David Letterman.

Promoting the band’s celebration at the Kennedy Center Honors and the Celebration Day release, Letterman spent considerable time exploring Zeppelin's influences, as well as the decision to break up the band following beloved drummer John Bonham’s death.

Let's be real, though: the entire experience was a waste of time. Letterman described Bonham as “your drummer who died,” and also asked the band to “help me out with a description” for their sound. It was at times comical, but the momentous occasion did very little to truly excite anyone pining for news of new shows, strong anecdotes or really anything beyond some awkward conversation. Letterman may as well have had no idea who was on the stage with him."

http://www.craveonli...in-on-letterman

I felt the same way. I could have done a way better interview.

Ok they're getting too commercial now, it's time to go underground for a few years and then emerge like roaring phoenix in 2020 on the club scene in Prague...

And upon re-entry, hopefully exhibit they have found the Fountain of Youth.

Ok they're getting too commercial now, it's time to go underground for a few years and then emerge like roaring phoenix in 2020 on the club scene in Prague...

And upon re-entry, hopefully exhibit they have found the Fountain of Youth.

Or present the brand new plastic surgery rock n roll solution...

http://www.craveonli...in-on-letterman

He pretty clearly didn't know too much about the band which, given his age, is kind of odd. While asking them to describe their music in a sentence allowed Jones to be funny, it was a curious question to ask a band that had just received a Kennedy Center Honor and is inarguably up there with the Beatles and Stones in terms of influence. Still nice to see them. I still think that if Plant stayed within his "Alison Krauss-ish" range they could release some new music. I gather they don't want to though, and that's fine.