The Garden a fave "especially tonight" says Ged

Sign Of Eth

I have been looking for something about this but haven't seen anything. In Atlanta Geddy said The Garden was a favorite of theirs, "especially tonight." Any idea what he was referring to? Just curious. Amazing show. Absolutely incredible. I am so glad I stayed away from spoilers.

I have been looking for something about this but haven't seen anything. In Atlanta Geddy said The Garden was a favorite of theirs, "especially tonight." Any idea what he was referring to? Just curious. Amazing show. Absolutely incredible. I am so glad I stayed away from spoilers.

Perhaps it has something to do with a particularly fruitful harvest of Mary Jane that grew in Neil's "garden" last week?

• Like 1

Or maybe something to do with the hurricane response. Some people are actually caring for and helping each other instead of fighting about whether people in need are "freeloaders" or not. Just speculating... Edited by HalfwayToGone

Think it refers to death of manager Ray Daniels' son from a brain tumor that day (or maybe day before). See Neil's latest news posting on his website where he alludes to this.

"... It was the day of our show in Atlanta, and that night Geddy gave a subtle reference to Shane in his introduction to "The Garden," which had been one of Shane's favorite songs.

Two nights later, after the final show in that leg, in Tampa, I flew to Toronto with the other Guys at Work in their "bus" (Challenger C-605), and spent some time with Ray. I knew how it felt to lose a child. After fifteen years, I think of Selena every single day, and from time to time (birthdays, black anniversaries), I am still rendered helpless with grief at that unbearable loss.

Before heading for the airport to get back to my own (second) family in Los Angeles, I attended the memorial gathering, and it was achingly sad and hard for me to bear. My sorrow must have been obvious, because it seemed like Ray was comforting and supporting me.

And in the following days I received messages from several friends asking if I was okay. ..."

:rose:

Ironic that you are glad you stayed away from spoilers, but put one in your title.

Think it refers to death of manager Ray Daniels' son from a brain tumor that day (or maybe day before). See Neil's latest news posting on his website where he alludes to this.

i just rad that off of rush is a band. Thanks

Long Awaited Froind.