losingit2k

Its going to be difficult getting to that Charlotte, NC Show with this so called "Perfect Storm Sandy" bearing down on them. The crew will have to tear down the show in Cleveland and drive through all this crappy weather down US 77 all the way to Charlotte. Good thing its on the western side of the states so hopefully they'll won't get the worst part of the storm which will be to their north east. Anyway they surely will be tested coming the next 24 hours. Hope all is for the best and give them your prayers!

Hahaha quadruple post... welcome to the new TRF default/rage.gif

Alot of bands have cancelled shows up there.. wouldn't surprise me.

Well the good thing is that they don't play tomorrow. So hopefully if they get out of Cleveland quick enough they will get to North Carolina before the worst of the weather moves in.

Looks pretty messy all up and down the Appalachians, including more than a foot of snow in higher elevations. Not really sure how they can avoid hitting bad weather on the way down.

But, they should be used to it, being from Canada.

Edited by GernTheFish

I can't say what they'll face on the drive down from Cleveland, but once they get over the mountains in Western NC, it will be smooth sailing. I live in Raleigh, and Charlotte is SW of us. All we've gotten from Sandy is some wind, and rain. The coast of NC (Outer Banks specifically) were hardest hit.

That being said - mountains are getting snow - and fair amount of it. Extremely early for us this time of year.

funny after all my bitching about the setlist, it looks like i would not be even able to make the show anyways...d'oh! looks like some snow here in asheville and probably a good round of power outages. hopefully they do not take 77 as it is getting dumped on and most likely there will be trees down all over the place. two ski areas are planning to open by wednesday to give you an idea of what it like here in the mtns. my main concern is first a tree whacking my house and then in general hoping to avoid tree carnage. then of course my next concern is running out of beer....

still, i hope the show goes on and safe travels to all those in attendance. have a great time!

Sorry to hear that Tangy. Still can't believe the mountains are getting snow this early - and so much of it. I'll be driving in from Winston-Salem, so I'll probably just deal with rain.

I'm sure the Rush "caravan" is having a rough time of it. If they avoid 77, they would either have to go east to 81 (and deal with heavy rain) or west out toward Cincinnati and go pretty far out of the way. No simple solution, I'm afraid.

Coming to you from Charlotte...All should be fine. All we're getting from Sandy is a breeze. They'll be coming down I-77 from Cleveland. At worst, they'll run into some snow and wind in sounthern WV. High-profile vehicles watch out coming down the mountains! Once in NC all should be good. Not sure what time they're coming into down. The WWE is at the arena tonight. Wrasslin' on Monday and Rush on Tuesday!

hearing mountains in NC have up to 2 feet of snow. Too bad, as this is great time to see the fall colors, especially on the Blue Ridge Parkway.

Everyone driving down - be safe!

From Raleigh - should be smooth sailing! Just a bit of wind and possibly a rain shower

here north of asheville the storm was not that bad, mostly rain turnint to an inch or so snow near daybreak. the high elevations bordering tennesee got more and are still getting it.

the storm did not appear to wipe out all the fall colors and the red and yellows with the white background is very nice...

hope everyone has a great time at the show!

I drove back to SC from Ohio, yesterday, and it wasn't too bad, on I-77, but the blizzard warnings were posted. I didn't linger, because the wind was ferocious. Once the moisture got there, I am sure it was over, especially in Virginia, where they don't take care of the roads as well as WV. ANYWAYS, I GOT LUCKY...or was it like the story in the breakers?