Stage has clean unobstructed views

Jeffrey

One of the first things I noticed about the stage set up in Toronto was the lack of visual obstructions (I assume this was not Toronto specific). Be it the lack of the hanging stack of speakers on either side of the stage, the camera robot travelling in front of stage etc., overall clean is good! Ideal for all, especially those near the side of the stage.

QUOTE (Jeffrey @ Oct 15 2012, 07:19 PM)
One of the first things I noticed about the stage set up in Toronto was the lack of visual obstructions (I assume this was not Toronto specific). Be it the lack of the hanging stack of speakers on either side of the stage, the camera robot travelling in front of stage etc., overall clean is good! Ideal for all, especially those near the side of the stage.

Yes - I noticed this. Good call.

This is excellent to hear. How was Geddy's keyboard/mic rig? I'm going to be off to the side of the stage near the front and I'm worried I won't be able to see much because of how bulky it was during the TM Tour.

The stage started getting more open with unrestricted views a while back and it is clearer this tour for sure. They have tried very hard to make it "seeable" for everyone. Technology is getting smaller all the time so you can see everything unless maybe you are right down front. If so you might not see Neil very well (he plays a large instrument), but everything else is there.

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Oct 15 2012, 07:36 PM)
This is excellent to hear. How was Geddy's keyboard/mic rig? I'm going to be off to the side of the stage near the front and I'm worried I won't be able to see much because of how bulky it was during the TM Tour.

Ged's keyboard setup is actually a little too much imho... he still has just two, I believe a digital on bottom and a Moog Little Phatty or similar analog on top... but they're clad in a themed stage prop kind of housing... point being, unless the live camera is showing a view from above, you can't see anything that Ged is doing there, because it's all completely blocked. That's really my only complaint about the CA stage.

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Oct 15 2012, 08:36 PM)

I think youll be fine. Hes not behind it the whole time, and its very open towards the mic.

The platform behind Neil is where the string players are in the second set. It's so open that you can see the stage hands all over the place. It's the most I've seen Gump.

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z437/drbirdsong/Peart09-22-12.jpg

Edited by drbirdsong

QUOTE (dakota2112 @ Oct 16 2012, 06:51 AM)
Ged's keyboard setup is actually a little too much imho... he still has just two, I believe a digital on bottom and a Moog Little Phatty or similar analog on top... but they're clad in a themed stage prop kind of housing... point being, unless the live camera is showing a view from above, you can't see anything that Ged is doing there, because it's all completely blocked.  That's really my only complaint about the CA stage.

There's a lot going on there, but I don't think that it's really blocked from view.

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/72079_3615152991505_1335359344_n.jpg

QUOTE (dakota2112 @ Oct 16 2012, 12:51 PM)
you can't see anything that Ged is doing there, because it's all completely blocked. That's really my only complaint about the CA stage.

If its not shown on the big screen, he isn't 'playing' it - just triggering it.

Not a complaint, just how they have decided to use technology - which is fine in my opinion.

QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Oct 16 2012, 08:59 AM)
The platform behind Neil is where the string players are in the second set. It's so open that you can see the stage hands all over the place. It's the most I've seen Gump.

I agree... I saw Gump most of the show, you can even see him in my picture...