• Giants
    • Nationals
    • Orioles
    • Rangers
    • Reds
    • Tigers
    • Yankees
    • Cubs

I came here to say that was definitely NOT an infield fly. WTF are those umps smoking?? Also, you have to call an infield fly while it's in the air, not .02 seconds before it is caught (or hits the ground).

Damn, learn to officiate. My recreational softball league umps are better than that

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ Oct 5 2012, 07:25 PM)
I came here to say that was definitely NOT an infield fly. WTF are those umps smoking?? Also, you have to call an infield fly while it's in the air, not .02 seconds before it is caught (or hits the ground).

Damn, learn to officiate. My recreational softball league umps are better than that

I'm pulling for the Cards but you're right on the money.

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Oct 5 2012, 08:27 PM)

I got Tiger blood running through me cool.gif I don't particularly like ATL or STL, I just happened to catch that part of the game

Edited by SchemingDemon

QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ Oct 5 2012, 07:28 PM)
QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Oct 5 2012, 08:27 PM)

I got Tiger blood running through me cool.gif I don't particularly like ATL or STL, I just happened to catch that part of the game

Congrats on a great finish to the regular season. trink39.gif

My only guess was he was waiting to see if it were catchable. Makes me think...if they had been in better position to catch it and let it drop, getting a DP...would people be complaining?

QUOTE (sullysue @ Oct 5 2012, 07:44 PM)
Cards take it. Interesting game.

Let's go with the Rangers vs. O's game. I think this might be the game that delivers me a full-blown stroke.  scared.gif

Just thinking...coming off a sweep by the A;s, how likely is it for the Rangers to lose four straight?

Edited by goose

QUOTE (goose @ Oct 5 2012, 07:44 PM)

My only guess was he was waiting to see if it were catchable. Makes me think...if they had been in better position to catch it and let it drop, getting a DP...would people be complaining?

Eckersly just spoke to my point. As long as the fielder is moving back and has a chance to make the catch, it's a righteous call. As long as it is made in a timely fashion, of course.

As always, selling the call is critical.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Oct 5 2012, 08:01 PM)
LOVE that Darvish is on the mound. He'll deliver some freakish pitches the O batters won't know how to deal with.

Not with that last one on Reynolds, no. wink.gif