When have Alex and/or Neil spoken?

wwhitehead

Alex's joke at the opening show made me think: At what other times has Mr. Lifeson or, better yet, Neil spoken to the crowd at a live gig?

Neil doesn't even have a microphone. Did he ever?

Does Alex ever exchange pleasantries? Besides backup vocals and an occasional "Subdivisions" he never seems to do any talking at all.

I look forward to responses.

WW

QUOTE (wwhitehead @ Sep 15 2012, 09:17 PM)

Does Alex ever exchange pleasantries?  Besides backup vocals and an occasional "Subdivisions" he never seems to do any talking at all.

That's not Alex saying "subdivisions", it's Neil (at least on the studio version).

I actually saw Neil address the crowd on the Hemispheres tour in Ottawa, Ontario, December 21, 1978.

It was just after they came back out to start the encore, and using Geddy's mic, he thanked the crowd, etc... brief, but it was cool. That was the only time I ever saw Neil say anything to the crowd. He normally stays out of the "limelight" whenever he can.

I never really see anyone other than the frontman do any real talking in any show. It does happen, but in my experiences, it's been rare and we are talking well over 200 shows.

Yes. I kept all my ticket stubs since I was 14 and my wife started looking through them a while back.

"It's no wonder you can't hear"

so she thinks rofl3.gif