Taking Center Stage Companion Book

hermy

Already pre-ordered wink.gif biggrin.gif

This should be a good book, especially for drummers. I found the "Taking Center Stage" DVD a bit too long... the slow motion rehearsal parts were hard to sit through, as well, were the rehearsals of the set for the TM tour.

But, it's a good DVD over-all. I haven't seen "A Work in Progress" yet. Has anyone seen that one?

Just picked this book up at Barnes & Noble. Very nice! Beautiful layout & pictures. Incredible descriptions of Neil's various kits. Joe Bergamini outdid himself with this book. My only gripe is that it doesn't transcribe every song from the DVD. But still well worth picking up.

The transcriptions are of entire songs. Seventeen of them: The Trees, La Villa Strangiato, The Spirit of Radio, Free Will, Natural Science, Tom Sawyer, YYZ, Subdivisions, Marathon, Time Stand Still, Presto, Bravado, Leave That Thing Alone!, Workin' Them Angels, Far Cry, BU2B, and Caravan. It should be noted that the transcriptions are of how he played them on the DVD (i.e. The Time Machine Tour), not the studio recordings.

Wow. Very cool then! Will definitely pick it up. But The Trees, Natural Science and Bravado weren't played on Time Machine? Either way definitely getting this, thanks!

That is correct. They are three bonus songs that were apparently rehearsed for the tour, but did not make the final cut for the playlist. The DVD includes footage of him either rehearsing them or from the SnA tour.