AFI's 100 Movie Quotes

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 19 2005, 01:33 PM)
This Tuesday, June 21 at 8PM EDT, CBS is presenting "AFI's 100 Years...100 Movie Quotes." This is a must-see for any movie fan. And it could make our Movie Quote Game very interesting...

Cool! Thanks for the heads-up, bro!

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jun 23 2005, 10:00 PM)
Here's the list if you missed it....

http://www.afi.com./tvevents/100years/quotes.aspx#list

A fun list. I wish they included Bill Murray's scene where he talks about the Dalai Lama, though the Cinderella story one was funny, too. Mel Gibson's cry of "FREEDOM!!!" in Braveheart is pretty powerful. Something from Color of Money would have been nice. "Money won is twice as sweet as money earned." -or- "It's like a bad dream. It keeps getting worse and worse and worse..."

All in all, a lot of great quotes on that list, and it brought back a lot of good memories.

Amazing what happens when you throw in a tape that has no marking regarding what's on it.

As I was at work, I recorded this program last year, but never watched it. So now, I found the tape and tossed it in the VCR. Quite an amazing list. Also amazing that two of the top three involved Brando. I think those of us from my generation forget just how powerful of an actor Brando was, considering he seemed to be the butt of so many jokes involving his weight later in his career.

One thing is for sure. Watching a list like this can definitely elicit some curiosity about older films.