Random Rush Moments in Public

That One Guy

This week my company is sponsoring a "security awareness" week. As part of the games, a daily word find has been on my desk each morning. I've always enjoyed the word finds; backwards, forwards and diagonals, upside down; they are great for pattern recognition exercises.

I found "Rush" yesterday and "YYZ" today. The woman putting the games together laughed and said she had no idea she had put those words in there. Well, okay YYZ isn't a word, but still...

I told her Rush is everywhere.

She told me I should enjoy tomorrow. laugh.gif

QUOTE (OGr8imL84AD8inF8sBlackSedan @ Sep 27 2012, 04:40 PM)
I have a Star Man decal on the back of my truck. Yesterday, a guy walked up to me asking if that was a 2.gif sticker. I said yes and he tells me a story about how when he was about 13 he was at a concert in Manchester, Mass (don't know the year). He was lost in the auditorium ( cool10.gif ) and asked a trio of guys if they knew how to get to the seats, they pointed and showed him the way. Wasn't until he was back at his seat he realized it was Geddy, Alex, and Neil.

We talked about the new tour for a minute and went on our way.

he probably made it up. Cool story though

QUOTE (CygnusGal @ Oct 2 2012, 06:59 PM)
This week my company is sponsoring a "security awareness" week.  As part of the games, a daily word find has been on my desk each morning.  I've always enjoyed the word finds; backwards, forwards and diagonals, upside down; they are great for pattern recognition exercises.

I found "Rush" yesterday and "YYZ" today.  The woman putting the games together laughed and said she had no idea she had put those words in there.  Well, okay YYZ isn't a word, but still...

I told her Rush is everywhere.

She told me I should enjoy tomorrow. laugh.gif

Today's puzzle was exclusively Rush - just for me! blush4.gif She did a good job, too (Willowdale, names - all four from the band, a few albums like CP, Sig & Hem) I found "Rush" twice, "Lee" twice. smile.gif

The usual one went out too. Found "Rush" again. I'm beginning to suspect the person who wrote the puzzle generator is a Rush fan. unsure.gif

Rush is everywhere. biggrin.gif

One day at school I was wearing my Rush tshirt and I went to the bank and the teller was a Rush fan! I also met a teacher who was a fan, and 3 other kids!

I was dealing with the bafoons at the cable company recently, and after being being put on hold multiple times and not getting any answers I finally told the service rep "all I can do is wish you well".

He said "that's a great song" - and that sparked a brief conversation, and amazingly he was able to resolve my problem.

Wore the Time Machine Tour 2010 shirt today. Got two people to take notice of it. One was another student in lab, we had a sweet 15 minute Rush conversation because of it. He went to the same 2010 show as me, talked about the RIR DVD etc. The other was a dude at a convenience store, saying how sick that tour was.

Only public Rush moment I've ever had was standing in a local convenience store with my Time Machine Tour shirt on, the one with Moving Pictures on the front and Time Machine tour on the back. Well the shirt was all of twelve hours old and I mean you can tell a new shirt from one that's thirty years old. At least I thought you could.

Either way this guy and his girl friend are looking in my general direction and the guy says "Cool shirt, did you see the Moving Pictures tour?" For some reason I couldn't resist being a dick so I said: "Yes I did and my Delorean is outside if you guys wanna see it too." He looked confused instead of pissed off which was slightly disappointing.

I used to have a black Rush shirt with the starman on it I wore like the last two years of high school and first two years of college before I wore it out. Never a peep from anyone. Saw Time Machine for the second time in 2011 in NYC with my girlfriend. We stayed and spent the following day walking around and shopping in the city wearing our new tour shirts. Couldn't walk one block without someone coming up and saying "That show was freaking amazing last night, wasn't it?!", followed by a short 5 minute conversation. Ended up taking up quite a bit of time talking to all these people but my girlfriend and I were enjoying every second of it. We previously never talked to anyone thats even heard of Rush, let alone appreciates them like we do. Its really a great feeling.

Yesterday my son wore his TMT shirt (moving pictures version with Starman) to school (Freshman/HS). One of his teachers came up to him and told him he shouldn't be glorifying Satan.

I just left the school where I met with the teacher and A) told him he had no business scaring the crap out of my son and cool.gif I explained what the starman is all about so maybe next time he won't look so ignorant to the students.

QUOTE (briremo @ Oct 16 2012, 02:06 PM)
Yesterday my son wore his TMT shirt (moving pictures version with Starman) to school (Freshman/HS). One of his teachers came up to him and told him he shouldn't be glorifying Satan.

I just left the school where I met with the teacher and A) told him he had no business scaring the crap out of my son and cool.gif I explained what the starman is all about so maybe next time he won't look so ignorant to the students.

Sounds like the youth pastor at my church. I have a shirt with various famous drums sets on the back, one of which being one of Neil's. It happened to have the starman logo on it, so my youth pastor immediately thought they were satanic. I've tried to explain it to him, even referencing other album covers (namely signals) to prove they aren't. he won't hear a word of it.