Blame it on Alex

Snaked

For many years Alex has been hinting at wanting to do a "B-Sides setlist".

He has mentioned his desire to do a tour with deep cuts several times.

So those of you hating on the current setlists.. blame Alex.

This was his idea.

Personally I'm going to thank him profusely... but thats just me wink.gif

1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (Snaked @ Sep 11 2012, 10:30 AM)

This was his idea.

1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif

Good on him, nobody wants to see Big Al pout. 2.gif

QUOTE (Snaked @ Sep 11 2012, 10:30 AM)

This was his idea.

1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif

laugh.gif haha, i think you are right but it started well before this tour.

look at the set list for S&A was pretty deep and then before the TMT they hinted about a b-sides tour and to me personally i was underwhelmed as it seems that S&A is deeper and less commercial than TMT to me.

now they claim they are going to pull out some old songs and the old schoolers ears perk up only to hear they are dusting off the keys era.

if they could of only included one, just one older and rare song i suspect the bitching from the old schoolers would be greatly diminished.

songs that are 28 years old and have only been played on 1 tour isn't old enough or rare enough for you?

like a friend of mine said yesterday...

RUSH could play all 19 studio albums all the way through and somebody would bitch they they didn't play Feedback as well.

QUOTE (Snaked @ Sep 11 2012, 10:51 AM)
songs that are 28 years old and have only been played on 1 tour isn't old enough or rare enough for you?

one can hope can't we?

rush has been my favorite band since i was 10, i saw permanent waves when i was 13 and have seen every tour except for presto since then, so yeah, i am pretty much impossible to please.

i hear folks saying ged can't sing the old stuff anymore and i say bullshit!

don't get me started on feedback either............. cool10.gif

Geddy's voice sounds excellent on the YoutTube clips I've seen. Really strong, I was surprised a bit actually. Check him out on Manhattan Project and see.

I hope they film earlier into tour this time around, it will make a big difference.

After a few days - I am going to love this on 10/20 in Newark!. I made a CD and am jamming in the car. Amazing I can still remember all the words to these songs.

Here's my irony - I'm an 80's guy. My first show was GUP in what I call "the busiest day of my life" as my father got remarried in the morning, I played a varsity football game in the afternoon, and saw my first concert at night. I went to all the tours from GUP thru RTB. The irony is that while these may be old and unseen by many a Rush fan - I've seen them all in concert before albeit it was 20+ years ago.

At first, I was bummed as I always hope to hear a song I haven't heard in concert before. I guess that's why I got excited pre-tour for something like Losing It or Jacob's Ladder. Now - I am stoked! I can't wait.

For years and years, I always felt weird being a Rush-80's guys. I love Signals, GUP, PW, HYF, Presto, RTB, but always felt like I was in the minority because I wasn't a diehard 70's guy. I would run into many of them and they always frown uponed the "sythn era" albums and would elude to the fact that I must not be a diehard then.

Well - this is my time. Our time. For those of us who love this era, this is our validation. Our stamp of approval that it's okay, that we are real fans.

This is awesome!!!

I have to wonder: TMT centered on the anniversary of MP and there was some speculation that the CA tour might include Signals - but my guess is that this tour is presenting the band's favorite synth songs from that whole period rather than just reboot the "album of the month (album of the tour)" idea. The fact that they launch each night with Subdivisions (from Signals) is the clue (IMHO). I don't think the best of fans (yeah, here it comes...) would sit through a two-album concert (Signals AND CA), so we get the post-MP era, B-side heavy, along with CA - works fine for me!

QUOTE (dtpoet @ Sep 11 2012, 11:19 AM)
After a few days - I am going to love this on 10/20 in Newark!. I made a CD and am jamming in the car. Amazing I can still remember all the words to these songs.

Here's my irony - I'm an 80's guy. My first show was GUP in what I call "the busiest day of my life" as my father got remarried in the morning, I played a varsity football game in the afternoon, and saw my first concert at night. I went to all the tours from GUP thru RTB. The irony is that while these may be old and unseen by many a Rush fan - I've seen them all in concert before albeit it was 20+ years ago.

At first, I was bummed as I always hope to hear a song I haven't heard in concert before. I guess that's why I got excited pre-tour for something like Losing It or Jacob's Ladder. Now - I am stoked! I can't wait.

For years and years, I always felt weird being a Rush-80's guys. I love Signals, GUP, PW, HYF, Presto, RTB, but always felt like I was in the minority because I wasn't a diehard 70's guy. I would run into many of them and they always frown uponed the "sythn era" albums and would elude to the fact that I must not be a diehard then.

Well - this is my time. Our time. For those of us who love this era, this is our validation. Our stamp of approval that it's okay, that we are real fans.

This is awesome!!!

I hear you on feeling weird bring the "80s guy" I'm into a lot of heavy music and metal. My first show was PW in 1985 and my mind was completely blown. I remember driving to the show listening to AFTK and talking with my friends , hoping they played Xanadu and Cygnus etc. totally naive about what to expect. Obviously I didn't get anything like that but enjoyed the new songs do much that I skipped seeing Metallica open for Ozzy Osbourne later on so I could catch Rush again. My metal head friends thought I had lost my mind. Maybe I did.

This tour f@cking rules.