9/11 show

Digitallware

QUOTE (Shreddy Lee @ Sep 9 2012, 01:30 AM)
Didn't you hear? They already confirmed they were playing Peaceable Kingdom that day.

Also Armor and Sword.

Actually, I got the inside scoop on this:

A video tribute entitled 'To our Fallen Heroes' will begin the second set with Geddy reading the following text:

"We would be remiss on this evening not to make mention of that infamous day in history upon which the greatest nation ever lost its complete and utter innocence..." after which Alex will lead the crowd in a chant of "USA! USA!" and Neil will proclaim, "Now everybody get out your video devices and record the rest of the show! This is the best of all possible worlds!"

Edited by Ged Lent's sis

QUOTE (Digitallware @ Sep 8 2012, 11:46 PM)
Seems like coincidence that Rush will play on 9/11, I wonder if they'll address the anniversary in any way...

http://www.rush.com/tour-dates/

If there was some sort of striking image or video clip of Canadians standing with Americans or somehow showing support after 9/11, then that would work during Far Cry.

I would not recommend making Wish Them Well a 9/11 remembrance song.

That's not exactly how we feel about OBL.

I don't think they need to bring it up. Fine if they mention it. But I agree it is more a hammer for the media and political pundits to beat us over the head with. I take offense that the news and politicians etc. tell us how we should feel or act for events such as that every year. What happened that day effected us all in varying degrees. Some worse than others obviously.

Having dredged up my opinion I will say that it is highly likely they make some mention. Last night at the Bristow show they did a tribute on screeen to Neil Armstrong that was very classy. Alex, Geddy, and Neil class act all the way.

Edited by jonnyj

QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ Sep 10 2012, 12:55 AM)
QUOTE (dayglow76 @ Sep 9 2012, 06:30 PM)
QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Sep 9 2012, 08:20 AM)

Unless they're going to apologize with putting it on the cover of the album.

bolt.gif

Huh? are you dense? 9-11? That's 21:12 (9 being 21 in military time)

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Somebody wasn't around a couple months ago..

Be glad you missed that thread

darn! beat me too it

QUOTE (friendlyvoice @ Sep 10 2012, 12:47 AM)
QUOTE (D3strukt @ Sep 9 2012, 12:42 AM)
QUOTE (Mr. IsNot @ Sep 9 2012, 12:32 AM)
QUOTE (D3strukt @ Sep 8 2012, 10:30 PM)
I don't like how it's made into this gigantic media shitstorm every year. It's getting old.

Yeah. I remember five years back we had a class discussion around when the need for this anniversary would end. Probably never in the US, similar to Pearl Harbor.

I mean, don't get me wrong, Yeah, it's sad, and it sucked. But, well, yeah... It's time it was relegated to P. H. status, a mention on the news, and that's it.

It's depressing as shit, and I dread the 11th every year.

I'm sure the families of the 3000 people who were murdered that day dread it too. But probably not even close to how much you do, right?

Yeah, what about the 24Hundred in Pearl Harbour? Or the hundreds of soliders that were EATEN by the Japanese? All, i'm saying is it shouldn't be a gigantic f***ing media event. Sorry if my opinion offends you. But it's mine, and mine only. I speak for no one except myself.

Edited by D3strukt

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Sep 10 2012, 07:27 PM)
I don't like how it's made into this gigantic media shitstorm every year. It's getting old.

Yeah. I remember five years back we had a class discussion around when the need for this anniversary would end. Probably never in the US, similar to Pearl Harbor.

I mean, don't get me wrong, Yeah, it's sad, and it sucked. But, well, yeah... It's time it was relegated to P. H. status, a mention on the news, and that's it.

I'm sure the families of the 3000 people who were murdered that day dread it too. But probably not even close to how much you do, right?

Yeah, what about the 24Hundred in Pearl Harbour? Or the hundreds of soliders that were EATEN by the Japanese? All, i'm saying is it shouldn't be a gigantic f***ing media event. Sorry if my opinion offends you. But it's mine, and mine only. I speak for no one except myself.

Careful, we don't want this thread going into SOCN. We all have varying opinions on how 9/11 should be treated but here isn't the place to discuss them.

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Sep 10 2012, 06:27 PM)

Dude...that's just almost heartless sounding. lol.

On another note, apparently Ged mentioned something about 9/11. Played a song dedicated to the event?

QUOTE (ShlappinDahBass @ Sep 11 2012, 08:43 PM)

On another note, apparently Ged mentioned something about 9/11. Played a song dedicated to the event?

If they did dedicate a song to the event it's likely about as heartfelt from the band as when they say the venue they're currently playing is their favourite.

EDIT: poor choice of words

Edited by USB Connector

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Sep 11 2012, 08:21 PM)
QUOTE (ShlappinDahBass @ Sep 11 2012, 08:43 PM)

If they did dedicate a song to the event it's about as meaningful as when they say the venue they're currently playing is their favourite.

It seems to me al qaeda are thinking "lol. They're still making a big deal out of it? We sure showed them." IDK -I can't think of better way to word what I'm trying to say

I literally didn't hear a word about it this year. Then again, I spent much of today sleeping after international travel, but, I've been up since 2pm and haven't heard or seen it mentioned once. I saw a newspaper report on it in the airport on the 10th, but didn't read it or look at it (it had a picture of the freedom tower).