Caress of Steel (1975) 0

2112 (1976) 0

A Farewell to Kings (1977) 0

Hemispheres (1978) 0

Permanent Waves (1980) 1

Moving Pictures (1981) 2

Signals (1982) 2

+ The Body Electric, Where's My Thing, Bravado, 3 drum solos

new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (StanGetz @ Sep 8 2012, 01:36 AM)
QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Sep 8 2012, 01:54 AM)
Counterparts is probably the closest tour in terms of unusual sets.

Hemispheres Prelude instead of anything from 2112, The Analog Kid instead of Subdivisions, no Freewill, nothing from GUP, Mystic Rhythms instead of The Big Money, etc.  When you factor in that was the last of the "shorter" 2 hour shows and the fact that of the 22 songs 9 were basically new (either Counterparts or Roll the Bones) it seemed like a fairly radical change to me. But there were still far more standards than this tour.

Red Sector A is from GUP.

And? Red Sector A was not played on the Counterparts tour.

QUOTE (Mr. IsNot @ Sep 8 2012, 02:45 AM)
Perhaps the 70's aren't getting a representation because of Geddy's ever aging voice?

You haven't stumbled onto anything new here. That's been the main reason the 70s haven't been represented too well for about 30 years now.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Sep 8 2012, 08:29 AM)
QUOTE (Mr. IsNot @ Sep 8 2012, 02:45 AM)
Perhaps the 70's aren't getting a representation because of Geddy's ever aging voice?

You haven't stumbled onto anything new here. That's been the main reason the 70s haven't been represented too well for about 30 years now.

That's certainly true but I think even if that stuff was easier to sing the bottom line is that the band just simply doesn't like that stuff as much as the old fans do. I really don't think Geddy is in rehearsal going "Oh damn! I'd kill to still be able to sing Beneath, Between, and Behind but my voice just can't take it. Oh well, I guess we'll have to settle for Territories instead." I think they're perfectly happy to have a legitimate reason not to play too much of that old stuff. Yeah, I love it like other fans but I don't really miss it live these days and I 'm pretty sure the band doesn't, either.

When I saw them the first time there were a lot of stapes missing. In fact, whenever I have seen them there have been the "they should have played" cuts that were missing.

I think that they do a great job of mixing things up. 2112 has been represented in different ways since it came out with CP and S&A 1st leg as being the exceptions. Ditto the MP stuff that was represented on the last tour as well as the last 30 years worth of tours. Free Will was absent more than present over the last 25 years...I don't know if I would call it a staple.

There are things I would have loved to hear. Enemy, Chemistry, Losing It (What was up with those "sightings of the setlist").

Still, a great set.