My thoughts on Discipline

Akron162

QUOTE (Akron162 @ Sep 1 2012, 06:28 AM)
It's good, but everytime i listen to it i can't avoid thinking about the Talking Heads. And King Crimson and The Talking Heads should never appear in the same sentence, not even in the same course of ideas.

Oh, they should. Fripp was a big fan and played on the flawless Fear of Music. Adrian played on Remain in Light and was part of the TH touring band. And, Adrian's voice is similar to David Byrne's. TH's sound was so new and fresh, KC couldn't but be influenced by it. Ultimately, everyone's a magpie.

Get some Talking Heads.

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Sep 1 2012, 11:09 AM)
Fear of Music and Remain in Light still sound ahead of their time.

yes.gif

Playing Fear of Music now. Still as awesome as ever.

Edit: Heaven is one of the most gorgeous songs ever written.

Edited by Hatchetaxe&saw

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Sep 1 2012, 07:23 AM)
QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Sep 1 2012, 11:09 AM)
Fear of Music and Remain in Light still sound ahead of their time.

yes.gif

Playing Fear of Music now. Still as awesome as ever.

Edit: Heaven is one of the most gorgeous songs ever written.

Both albums are progressive masterpieces.

QUOTE (Akron162 @ Sep 1 2012, 01:28 AM)
It's good, but everytime i listen to it i can't avoid thinking about the Talking Heads. And King Crimson and The Talking Heads should never appear in the same sentence, not even in the same course of ideas.

Hmmm not sure why you feel this way, I am a big fan of both of these bands, especially during this time period. TH, KC, Eno, it is really hard for me to fathom discussing one of these bands without discussing the others. So much cross-over. Belew has been mentioned....

Fripp -Eno No Pussyfooting

Byrne (Absalm el Habib) - Fripp Under Heavy Manners

Eno - Byrne

My Life in the Bush of Ghosts is an album I highly recommend to even fairly casual listeners.

This circle and others that revolved within and around it tended a growing garden of how we perceive and hear rock music today.

QUOTE (burgeranacoke @ Sep 1 2012, 02:24 PM)
QUOTE (Akron162 @ Sep 1 2012, 01:28 AM)

Hmmm not sure why you feel this way, I am a big fan of both of these bands, especially during this time period. TH, KC, Eno, it is really hard for me to fathom discussing one of these bands without discussing the others. So much cross-over. Belew has been mentioned....

Fripp -Eno No Pussyfooting

Byrne (Absalm el Habib) - Fripp Under Heavy Manners

Eno - Byrne

My Life in the Bush of Ghosts is an album I highly recommend to even fairly casual listeners.

This circle and others that revolved within and around it tended a growing garden of how we perceive and hear rock music today.

My Life In The Bush of Ghosts is EPIC. Mea Culpa is jaw-dropping in its intensity.