High School

Nate2112

My girls are too in their 1st yr of HS the first yr they are aprt, different schools.

Should be fun to watch.

Be yourself,study hard , aim for the top and dont look back. You make you Happy ,not what people think of you.

I think what you Dad was saying about "the best years" is after school there is work and life. Much harder than studying for a test. Good luck. biggrin.gif

As a senior, the biggest thing I can say is 1) I blast Rush almost every day in my car, and i'm widely accepted as the Rush nerd, but i'm "cool" at the same time.... 2) Don't slack off, Freshman year counts towards your college GPA. 3) Don't take 5 years of Spanish. 4) If your school offers International Baccalaureate, by all means do it. 5) Go to all the Friday Night Football you can (they are a blast) 6) Try to bond with your teachers without kissing major booty. 7) HAVE FUN.

Good luck tomorrow.

QUOTE (ridertoo98 @ Sep 3 2012, 08:55 AM)
QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Aug 31 2012, 04:18 PM)
QUOTE (Nate2112 @ Aug 31 2012, 02:58 PM)
QUOTE (t2s @ Aug 31 2012, 02:51 PM)
QUOTE (Nate2112 @ Aug 31 2012, 11:00 AM)

HS is the most important years of my life

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Bro, I'm 14...It's the most important years so far.

Your OP really got me thinking. Here are some things that will help you out in life:

1) When meeting people look them in the eye, shake their hand like you have a pair

2) develop strong study habits. To excel in college and grad school, you will need them. It will make your life much easier

3) when making contacts with people, networking and such, always send an email, or even more impressive, a handwritten card to let them know you appreciated meeting them.

4) Go to a nursing home or an assisted living community for a service project. Find the oldest people you can and have a conversation about how it used to be.

5) More doors open with yes sir and no sir in this life--manners are very important

6) Never let a day go by without telling your parents you love them--it'll make their day. that little act can do wonders to their mood.

Good luck man...listen to Dad, he won't steer you wrong

good post!!

I would try to have some fun too.

Also, don;t expect a lightning bolt to strike you and have a sudden calling to know what you will do with your life. Most people don't get a calling so don't wait around for it. Many people work in fields that have nothing to do with their major in college or what they did in high school.

Hang out with different crowds - don't get too bogged down by hanging with one group. Some of the best times I had were with kids in "basic/general education" classes that I met by happenstance and not with the kids in my college prep classes that mostly had superiority complexes.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Sep 2 2012, 08:13 AM)
QUOTE (OGr8imL84AD8inF8sBlackSedan @ Aug 31 2012, 08:44 PM)
All I can tell you about my freshman year in high school is that I spent most of it viewing the world from inside my locker.

Wait, that stuff actually happens for real? I thought that was just something they used in movies and on TV?

Seriously, this has to be a joke - how can anyone find the time and put forth the effort to put someone in a locker?

QUOTE (bathory @ Sep 3 2012, 09:44 PM)
All I can tell you about my freshman year in high school is that I spent most of it viewing the world from inside my locker.

Wait, that stuff actually happens for real? I thought that was just something they used in movies and on TV?

Seriously, this has to be a joke - how can anyone find the time and put forth the effort to put someone in a locker?

That and my lockers in high school were so thin you had about enough room to keep your books, lunch and maybe a jacket and that was it. You would've had to have been a real scrawny runt in order to fit in one.

Edited by J2112YYZ

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Sep 5 2012, 08:35 AM)
QUOTE (bathory @ Sep 3 2012, 09:44 PM)

That and my lockers in high school were so thin you had about enough room to keep your books, lunch and maybe a jacket and that was it. You would've had to have been a real scrawny runt in order to fit in one.

a REAL SUPER SCRAWNY RUNT--I had the same one