Tremolo Pedal

Maverick

I finally received the shipping label to send back the Triple Wreck. The exchange will be for store credit, since I decided I didn't want/need to just try another Triple Wreck pedal.

What I think I'll go for, instead, is a new tremolo pedal. Right now, it looks like the Diamond Tremolo is the one I'll be going for.

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff508/blackcc/images.jpg

QUOTE (OGr8imL84AD8inF8sBlackSedan @ Aug 31 2012, 01:23 PM)
That's a cool pedal...really versatile.

It seems to have the right balance of varied features and great tone. In all honesty, it will probably mostly be used as a straight ahead tremolo without anything too crazy going on. But it's nice to know all the other features are there. And who knows how it may inspire me when I try out some of the more exotic modes.

This will be the second pedal I get from Diamond. But it may not be the last.

^^^ I was thinking about this, too. Do I really need 4 wave forms and multiple modes? I did some more looking around and consulted my guitar guru and decided to go with this instead:

Amptweaker Swirlpool

It is a tremolo/vibrato that allows you to have two different speeds set, as well as control the amount of vibrato added to the effect. You can change the wave form to a more choppy wave, and you can get the tremolo and vibrato waves out of sync with each other.

I just ordered it.

This is going to be sweet.

On my Fender Deluxe Reverb there are two knobs for the trem: Speed and Intensity. God enough for David Gilmour good enough for me... tongue.gif

That and I never use it. smile.gif

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Sep 13 2012, 06:57 PM)
On my Fender Deluxe Reverb there are two knobs for the trem: Speed and Intensity. God enough for David Gilmour good enough for me... tongue.gif

laugh.gif

There is definitely something to be said for simplicity. The Swirlpool is much closer to what your Fender does, just with the ability to add vibrato.

Catlinbread makes the Semaphore Tap Tempo that has 8 different wave forms, plus the ability to sculpt and shape each wave for even more. That used to be appealing, but now it seems like overkill, especially for the kind of music I play.

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Sep 13 2012, 04:57 PM)

Is it original or a reissue? My 69' Deluxe has the Vibrato and Reverb built in. I use the Reverb a LOT for Surf.

QUOTE (RockDebris @ Sep 17 2012, 02:37 PM)
QUOTE (Sheldon Cooper @ Sep 16 2012, 10:15 AM)
The Swirlpool should be delivered tomorrow!

I've been eying the swirlpool myself for about a month. Looking forward to hearing your impressions.

I love it! It does exactly what I want it to, and it does it exceedingly well. There are so many ways to configure it and use it. The second switch is for Speed 1 and Speed 2. But it really is like a second channel with a dedicated effects effects loop all it's own. (There is an overall effects loop for the pedal that you can choose to run in front of the effect, or behind the effect. There is a switch that controls that.) The cool thing about having the second effects loop, which only runs in front of the effect, is that you can set the second channel to be like a uni-vibe, and put a distortion in front of it, and have the first channel be clean with tremolo, tremolo and vibrato, or just vibrato.

There's just so much you can do. The only thing that limits you is that there are only two channels.

It is well worth the cost.

I just played with this through the effects loop on my Mesa Boogie Lonestar, and it is absolutely awesome. Yes, there is some noise from the tremolo when I'm not playing, but it is a lot less than my other tremolo. And when I play through it, it is extremely transparent, especially when I only have the tremolo running. There is some tone coloring that goes on when the vibrato is turned up, but that is to be expected. And even then, you can tell what kind of guitar you are playing.