Hogarth or Fish

Gompers

Who do you prefer singing for Marillion?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you prefer singing for Marillion?

• Hogarth
    • Fish

hogarth is a talented vocalist but come on, it's like collins vs gabriel....really no comparison here, fish wins

those first 4 marillion albums are fantastic

Hogarth is a talented vocalist, Fish is a Collins/Gabriel mynah bird. But yes, those first 4 albums are indeed fantastic. As are a good half dozen H era albums.

hogarth is a talented vocalist but come on, it's like collins vs gabriel....really no comparison here, fish wins

Hogarth is a talented vocalist, Fish is a Collins/Gabriel mynah bird. But yes, those first 4 albums are indeed fantastic. As are a good half dozen H era albums.

Have you listened to that 2013 Radiation remix yet?

I can't decide. Saw them with Fish on the Misplaced Childhood tour and love that record. Clutching at Straws is my favorite Marillion record, but I love Brave, Afraid of Sunlight, and especially Season's End from Hogarth. Season's End ranks right up there with MC and CAS....

Yes! Comes in a lovely package with the original album as cd 2. How does it sound? Louder, for sure. He's also brought a lot more of Rothery to the fore, where he was hitherto lost in the original mix. Answering Machine & Three Minute Boy sound HUGE!

Well worth the purchase.

Yes! Comes in a lovely package with the original album as cd 2. How does it sound? Louder, for sure. He's also brought a lot more of Rothery to the fore, where he was hitherto lost in the original mix. Answering Machine & Three Minute Boy sound HUGE!

Well worth the purchase.

Cool, thanks! I'm probably going to buy it. Radiation is my least favorite Marillion album, so hopefully Rothery being in the forefront will change my opinion on it.

Fish all the way for me.

I could connect with Fish's lyrics and vocal delivery, Hogarth just leaves me cold mostly.

I connected with his(Fish) lyrics when I was a younger buck, not so much now, maybe that's my problem. And, I've met him. He's a truculent git.