All Things Football - '12-'13

I'm gonna watch United and Villa.

United can clinch the title with a win.

Let me know if there's any biting. ;)

No biting, but an incredible goal from Van Persie. However, he looked like he was offside, by a very short margin.

Bayern looked very impressive. They haven't gotten as much attention over the last few years as Barcelona, Real or United, but they have made the final 3 out of the last 4 years.

Bayern looked very impressive. They haven't gotten as much attention over the last few years as Barcelona, Real or United, but they have made the final 3 out of the last 4 years.

I'd like to see Dortmund win it but it looks like Bayern is the better team. I watched the two teams play a German Cup semi and Borussia looked helpless. They play again on Saturday in a league match-up. :popcorn:

I'd like to see Dortmund win it but it looks like Bayern is the better team. I watched the two teams play a German Cup semi and Borussia looked helpless. They play again on Saturday in a league match-up. :popcorn:

And there will be a lot of interesting sub-texts going on with Gotze (and possibly Lewandowski) heading to Bayern next year.

And there will be a lot of interesting sub-texts going on with Gotze (and possibly Lewandowski) heading to Bayern next year.

I heard Goetze may be ready to play in that final. Borussia will need him, big time.

Little Wigan Athletic, from a town of 80,000 people, has just won the FA Cup. Wonderful scenes. And, amazingly, they could be relegated from the Premiership.

Scored by a late sub, too. :cheers:

So Chelsea won the Europa League in the last second, so I'm curious, is it really that important at all?

So Chelsea won the Europa League in the last second, so I'm curious, is it really that important at all?

No, I mean you can't even call it a third-place finish. It's just there to keep more teams involved in european competition. I remember times when you had three different euro cups. In those days, only the national champions could win the Champions League, which wasn't called that back then.

It's a European trophy all the same, it had a real cache in the 70's & 80's, as did the Cup Winners Cup. But the bloated, mostly boring as f**k Champions League f*cked it all up.

But, Chelsea fans will be thrilled tonight, and some of the arrogant tools might grudgingly thank Rafa Benitez. He's too good for that shower. Champions League secured and silverware, for a team in transition. Not bad for an "interim" manager.

Apparently if Tottenham misses out on the CL, Bale will be gone. Three suitors? United, City, and Real Madrid. And no, it's not Norwich City.

Edited by FountainOfSyrinx

Apparently if Tottenham misses out on the CL, Bale will be gone. Three suitors? United, City, and Real Madrid. And no, it's not Norwich City.

Coventry City? :hi:

Bayern 2 Borussia 1 :moon: Picard does it again. :eyeroll: I wonder if the first goal wasn't offside, though. :unsure:

Robben gets all the glory, and it was a great build-up, but the finish was so lame. At least it seemed like to me. Was he trying to hit it like that? Seemed like he wanted to punish it bottom corner.