Official New Music Thread

Moonraker

Nah, just trying to see if I could get a rise out of you.

BTW, this is the Internet, of course I don't accept opinions contrary to mine. However, everyone should accept my opinions as gospel, and if not, they're idiots.

tongue.gif

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Nov 7 2010, 10:56 PM)
Nah, just trying to see if I could get a rise out of you.

BTW, this is the Internet, of course I don't accept opinions contrary to mine. However, everyone should accept my opinions as gospel, and if not, they're idiots.

tongue.gif

rofl3.gif applaudit.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Nov 13 2010, 09:14 PM)
Dio - Holy Diver
Radiohead - The Bends

I think I'm obsessed with buying music. I need a life. biggrin.gif

Young grasshoppper, music IS life! 1287.gif

(at least, that's how it is for me... unsure.gif )

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Nov 14 2010, 04:15 AM)
QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Nov 13 2010, 09:14 PM)
Dio - Holy Diver
Radiohead - The Bends

I think I'm obsessed with buying music. I need a life.  biggrin.gif

Young grasshoppper, music IS life! 1287.gif

(at least, that's how it is for me... unsure.gif )

On that, Xanny, at least we CAN agree! biggrin.gif trink39.gif

I spent most of November's Emusic credits in one weekend on...

Amorphous Androgynous - A Montrous Psychedelic Bubble Exploding in Your Mind Volume 3,

Big Big Train - The Underfall Yard,

Peter Frampton - Live in Detroit,

Ed Kowalczyk - Alive

&

Bigelf - Money Machine (I didn't even know that they had released any abums before "Cheat The Gallows" until recently).

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Nov 26 2010, 08:47 PM)
Arcade Fire - The Suburbs

Hmm. I'm not sure if you'll like this record but it's worth a listen. I just can't really get into this one, asides from "Ready to Start" and "Month of May", which IMO are superb songs. The rest of it just got really repetitive, but that's just me. From what I've heard, their first two albums are much better.

Weezer - Hurley

Let me know how you like that one. All I've heard of Weezer is their debut, which I really enjoyed.

edited to add the second part

Edited by Xanadu93

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Nov 26 2010, 09:48 PM)

Hmm. I'm not sure if you'll like this record but it's worth a listen. I just can't really get into this one, asides from "Ready to Start" and "Month of May", which IMO are superb songs. The rest of it just got really repetitive, but that's just me. From what I've heard, their first two albums are much better.

Weezer - Hurley

Let me know how you like that one. All I've heard of Weezer is their debut, which I really enjoyed.

I'll let you know. For 2 bucks, you really can't go wrong. This will be my first time listening to either band, so I don't know what to expect.

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Nov 26 2010, 09:48 PM)

Weezer - Hurley

I'm listening to the Arcade Fire album now, and I'm not overly impressed. The songs are too boring, but it has had its moments.

The Weezer album is great however. Its very power-popish, kind of like Cheap Trick, except the singer isn't as good. Its upbeat and powerfull, so I'd say buy it yes.gif

I gave it an 8/10. I'll be checking out their older albums.

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Nov 27 2010, 03:08 PM)
The Weezer album is great however. Its very power-popish, kind of like Cheap Trick, except the singer isn't as good. Its upbeat and powerfull, so I'd say buy it  yes.gif
I gave it an 8/10. I'll be checking out their older albums.

I can't really help you much there, but I will say to get their debut first. It's a really good album. yes.gif

I got these four cd's, along with two blink-182 shirts, for $58.59.

Cheap Trick - Heaven Tonight

Jawbreaker - Unfun

Pennywise - Pennywise

Sonic Youth - Daydream Nation

Since the game is in three hours, and everyone else I'm with went to a home shopping store, I went to a conveniently-placed Best Buy across the street and got these two albums.

Lupe Fiasco - Lupe Fiasco's Food & Liquor

My Chemical Romance - The Black Parade is Dead!

With the purchase of the latter, I now own all of MyChem's studio and live albums. biggrin.gif Haters gonna hate. tongue.gif

Well, the digipak version of "The Octopus" by Amplifier have been dispached to all who pre-ordered them but those of us who ordered the delux edition will have to wait a while longer as there has been a problem with manufacture of the books that house the album.

For those that can't wait (and those that are wondering what I'm rambling on about) the full album can be streamed from the following link;

http://amplifier.bandcamp.com/

Personally, I'm going to wait until the real thing is delivered.

I went to Best Buy with the intention of using a coupon to buy another copy of the new MyChem cd for a friend, and getting an auxiliary cable for my iPod... and then, I bought another CD. laugh.gif

Led Zeppelin - Presence (got it because it was only ten bucks; usually, their albums are $15)