Music Radar Interview w/Geddy

Tombstone Mountain

QUOTE (Mika @ Jul 20 2012, 01:37 PM)
Thanks for sharing; nice to hear break-downs for the songs!

And wonder what the first 'Wish Them Well' sounded like?

As it is my 11th favorite song on the record (since BU2B2 doesn't count, that would make it last) I'm betting the original was better.

QUOTE (canadianice @ Jul 20 2012, 02:51 PM)
I wonder why they didn't interview Trenken confused13.gif

Good question...hey, wait a minute. Trnken and GEmini have been conspicuouslly absent. Where are they??? Gemini is supposed to do a review of his own. He said he was so excited about it, he was bristling with anticipation.

Time to see it!!!!

2.gif

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Jul 20 2012, 03:09 PM)
QUOTE (canadianice @ Jul 20 2012, 02:51 PM)
I wonder why they didn't interview Trenken    confused13.gif

Good question...hey, wait a minute. Trnken and GEmini have been conspicuouslly absent. Where are they??? Gemini is supposed to do a review of his own. He said he was so excited about it, he was bristling with anticipation.

Time to see it!!!!

2.gif

I they've been owned so many times here that they've gone off to reassess their lives. yes.gif

goodpost.gif Thanks Tombstone!

Anyone else notice that the original six songs geddy refers to that were written in 2009 were and still are probably the best songs on the album? Bu2b, caravan, anarchistclockwork Angela the garden and headlong flight were written in the 2009 sessions. Far and away that is all the best stuff. Not sure what the message is other than they should have finished the album then. They were in the zone!

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jul 21 2012, 12:39 PM)
Anyone else notice that the original six songs geddy refers to that were written in 2009 were and still are probably the best songs on the album? Bu2b, caravan, anarchistclockwork Angela the garden and headlong flight were written in the 2009 sessions. Far and away that is all the best stuff. Not sure what the message is other than they should have finished the album then. They were in the zone!

It's all good...continuity isn't an issue to these ears.

2.gif

The Wreckers and Carnies are my two favorite songs under the Anarchist.

QUOTE (eshine @ Jul 23 2012, 02:09 AM)

The Wreckers and Carnies are my two favorite songs under the Anarchist.

To me the Anarchist and Carnies are such molten pieces of kick ass music. I like the heaviness Rush brought to this album. I never thought I'd ever see them develop like this. What else can you say??? The album is a massive work!

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Mr. IsNot @ Jul 22 2012, 12:05 AM)
The Wreckers more like a Barenaked Ladies tune... That pretty much says it all.

Though it's one of Geddy's favorites on the album, he still acknowledges it isn't very Rush.

I hate that song.

if even geddy is saying it's not very rush, than they should have turned it into something rush. it's such a sappy sounding tune. i don't like to use the word hate but i definitely don't care to listen to it. i really hope they don't add it to the setlist, than again it wouldn't surprise me if they did. wacko.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jul 23 2012, 08:46 AM)

Though it's one of Geddy's favorites on the album, he still acknowledges it isn't very Rush.

I hate that song.

if even geddy is saying it's not very rush, than they should have turned it into something rush. it's such a sappy sounding tune. i don't like to use the word hate but i definitely don't care to listen to it. i really hope they don't add it to the setlist, than again it wouldn't surprise me if they did. wacko.gif

Not gonna lie, this was the one song that took the longest to sink in, and that is just because of the intro guitars.

Then, it hit me...like a uh, two ton, heavy thing!!!

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Jul 23 2012, 08:50 AM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jul 23 2012, 08:46 AM)

I hate that song.

Then, it hit me...like a uh, two ton, heavy thing!!!

queensryche trink39.gif