Signals lyrics are sexist.

D3strukt

QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ Jul 19 2012, 03:28 PM)
"What's wrong with being sexy?"

confused13.gif

aw...I was going to quote that sad.gif

the original album cover had a greased up girl next the fire hydrant,with a dalmatian shoving a glove in her face!!!

QUOTE (MJH @ Jul 19 2012, 09:40 AM)
the original album cover had a greased up girl next the fire hydrant,with a dalmatian shoving a glove in her face!!!

Oh yeah, I have a copy.. here it is

"Signals of Animal Magnatism"http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o586/animate2112/RushSingalsAnimalMagnatism.jpg

damn Neil, looking good!

QUOTE (Animate @ Jul 19 2012, 05:11 PM)

"Signals of Animal Magnatism"http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o586/animate2112/RushSingalsAnimalMagnatism.jpg

damn Neil, looking good!

rofl3.gif

Some people say Peart's lyrics are sexist;

But you lovely bitches and ho's should know Peart is trying to correct this.

QUOTE (MJH @ Jul 19 2012, 07:40 AM)

spit6ph.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (greyfriar @ Jul 19 2012, 11:14 AM)
QUOTE (Animate @ Jul 19 2012, 05:11 PM)

damn Neil, looking good!

rofl3.gif

biggrin.gif

Glad the Scorpion's album reference wasn't completely lost on every one! Although, the "Love Drive" album cover would be a good fit for power windows, and Blackout dude could be on GUP.. hmmm...

QUOTE (NYM86 @ Jul 19 2012, 08:36 PM)
Well in all seriousness, Rush has always been a masculine band. They offer no apologies for it.

I don't think it is what they were going for.

Neil talks about it in one of his books, saying something along the lines of "For reasons that have never been clear to me, most of our audiences have been male" and then making some random guesses about technology etc. Also, the line of Barbie dolls that Alex uses must represent in part at least what he kind of would not mind his audience to have looked like at some point or another.

All joking aside, although clearly appealing more strongly to the masculine psyche, Rush is most certainly NOT sexist by any means, though, far from it in fact.

Edited by Animate