The Garden and circadian rythms

Animate

Does any one else feel that the line "The cells tick away" is a reference to the ultimate clock master and time keeper of us all- the biological circadian rythm?

Is it an intentional reference to the cellular clock?

Interesting, however,that previous to this reference, one of Neils most appropriate biological description of all is in Freewill- "Genetic blends, with uncertain ends". This can be interpreted as a reference to telomeres- the "uncertain ends" of our chromosomes whose integrity loss results in aging and aging related death.

However, the lyrics to Freewill were written before any real knowledge of the structure and function telomeres existed. ohmy.gif

Pretty Freakily accurate.

QUOTE (Animate @ Jul 17 2012, 08:46 AM)
Does any one else feel that the line  "The cells tick away" is a reference to the ultimate clock master and time keeper of us all- the biological circadian rythm?

Interesting, however,that previous to this reference,  one of Neils most appropriate biological description of all is in Freewill- "Genetic blends, with uncertain ends".  This can be interpreted as a reference to telomeres-  the "uncertain ends" of our chromosomes whose integrity loss results in aging and aging related death.

However, the lyrics to Freewill were written before any real knowledge of the structure and function telomeres existed.  ohmy.gif

yes.gif

And you touch on the one song that is truly in direct opposition to all of CA and by inference Candide. First reference I've seen to it.

Excellent observation.

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (Animate @ Jul 17 2012, 07:46 AM)
Does any one else feel that the line  "The cells tick away" is a reference to the ultimate clock master and time keeper of us all- the biological circadian rythm?

I see it as a reference to our mortality. We all speed towards death at a rate of 60 minutes per hour.

Interesting, however,that previous to this reference,  one of Neils most appropriate biological description of all is in Freewill- "Genetic blends, with uncertain ends".  This can be interpreted as a reference to telomeres-  the "uncertain ends" of our chromosomes whose integrity loss results in aging and aging related death.

However, the lyrics to Freewill were written before any real knowledge of the structure and function telomeres existed.  ohmy.gif

I think he's just referencing chance, a very common theme for him.

Does any one else feel that the line "The cells tick away" is a reference to the ultimate clock master and time keeper of us all- the biological circadian rythm?

Interesting, however,that previous to this reference, one of Neils most appropriate biological description of all is in Freewill- "Genetic blends, with uncertain ends". This can be interpreted as a reference to telomeres- the "uncertain ends" of our chromosomes whose integrity loss results in aging and aging related death.

However, the lyrics to Freewill were written before any real knowledge of the structure and function telomeres existed. ohmy.gif

yes.gif First thing I thought of (it was logical). The cells ticking away - mortality trumps all. Is that a signal that the Watchmaker is 'ole Father Time himself?

I guess this belongs in another thread: but on a clockwork note: The clock ticks away but always comes around full circle; Owen starts life happy on a farm and ends up "content" in his garden...

yeah you're onto something. Plus, I get the feel also that musically The Garden sounds like a song feels like a cycle, dunno if that has relevance