Aerosmith - another shite album on the way

treeduck

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 20 2012, 01:15 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 19 2012, 11:11 PM)
I don't listen to radio, except for talk radio and I tune out the bumper music if there is any. I don't understand why people bother listening to music radio these days...

Pat! Were we separated at birth?

As usual I totally agree with you.

When I bought my Mercedes it had Sirius in it. I listened to the music programming for about six months and by then I was totally burned out.

After awhile even those stupid stations just repeat the same shit over and over and over again.

There is nothing refreshing about rock radio.

When my subscription ran out I decided not to renew. It's been two years now and I don't miss it at all!!

Hey Pat you and I should start our own Sirius Radio channel. We can do progressive rock and metal and never play the same shit over and over and over again!!!

1022.gif

That's the thing, they always repeat the same old shit, the same one or two tracks by the same bands. No wonder people hate certain songs and albums, but why don't they just switch the radio off, or at least turn the channel? But no, instead they come on music forums and say such and such's album is overplayed and tired, but it's them that's tired, tired of radio!

trink38.gif

QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Jun 19 2012, 11:17 PM)
Whoa guys, let me clear this up- I hate the fukking radio! It's only when I'm at work( which unfortunately is a lot) that I listen to it. At home or in the car it's strictly my cd's. wink.gif

It's all good! I either listen to cds or sports talk radio in my car!

Fuckk the FM rock radio stations.

Out here we have a classic rock station called 107.7 THE BONE.

I wish I could take that fukking bone and bury it once and for all!!! LOL!

How many times does a stupid radio station have to play "Hairway To Steven" I mean "Stairway To Heaven" and "FREEBIRD!"

062802puke_prv.gif

QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Jun 20 2012, 01:17 AM)
Whoa guys, let me clear this up- I hate the fukking radio! It's only when I'm at work( which unfortunately is a lot) that I listen to it. At home or in the car it's strictly my cd's. wink.gif

trink39.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 20 2012, 01:19 AM)
QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Jun 19 2012, 11:17 PM)

It's all good! I either listen to cds or sports talk radio in my car!

Fuckk the FM rock radio stations.

Out here we have a classic rock station called 107.7 THE BONE.

I wish I could take that fukking bone and bury it once and for all!!! LOL!

How many times does a stupid radio station have to play "Hairway To Steven" I mean "Stairway To Heaven" and "FREEBIRD!"

062802puke_prv.gif

It's funny, all weekend the station has been giving away Rush tix for the Oct. show in Buffalo and a free digital down load of CA, yet playing Tom sawyer through the whole commercial! The stupid dj today even said the "new album is coming out very soon!" Really pissed me off today! angry.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 19 2012, 11:19 PM)
I don't listen to radio, except for talk radio and I tune out the bumper music if there is any. I don't understand why people bother listening to music radio these days...

When I bought my Mercedes it had Sirius in it. I listened to the music programming for about six months and by then I was totally burned out.

After awhile even those stupid stations just repeat the same shit over and over and over again.

When my subscription ran out I decided not to renew. It's been two years now and I don't miss it at all!!

Hey Pat you and I should start our own Sirius Radio channel. We can do progressive rock and metal and never play the same shit over and over and over again!!!

1022.gif

That's the thing, they always repeat the same old shit, the same one or two tracks by the same bands. No wonder people hate certain songs and albums, but why don't they just switch the radio off, or at least turn the channel? But no, instead they come on music forums and say such and such's album is overplayed and tired, but it's them that's tired, tired of radio!

trink38.gif

Well stated bud. I totally agree!!

Your post reminds me of a band that not many like on here, Ned's Atomic Dustbin.

I think they had two bass players in the band.

Anyway they had a hit called "Kill Your Television."

Well I would like everyone to "KILL YOUR GODDAMN ROCK RADIO!"

I put in "The Works" the other day by Queen. An album that I grew up with but never really liked. Well I loved it Pat!! I was thinking about their hit "Radio GaGa" and it makes total sense. Even Freddie hated rock radio back then!! Bless his soul!!!!

I can't believe that's how Lady GaGa got her stage name. Then again she loves KISS too.

Damn I'm all over the place tonight.

Cheers!

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 20 2012, 01:02 AM)
QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Jun 19 2012, 10:53 PM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 19 2012, 02:03 AM)
QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Jun 18 2012, 11:51 PM)
This band has been shit for 20+ years now! Fukk them!!! 062802puke_prv.gif

Hahahaha! I will never give these old ladies a fukking dime again!!

Overrated SHITE!

I would rather listen to "Night In The Ruts" than any of that MTV ballad shite!!

Look in the mirror now Tyler! "Dude Looks Like A Rag Doll Lady!"

Fukk this band!

trink39.gif

trink39.gif

As a cd whore I will probably give in and give the record a spin as Ducky already seemed to predict this on another thread.

The last Aerosmith Tour I saw was the "Just Push Play" Tour. It was fuckking awful. The Dodge Ram Logo was plastered all over the stage.

Tyler sounded like shit even back then.

Aerosmith will be the next Van Halen. They will start fighting again on the road and cancel some shows.

Good riddance.

Even if I do give in and listen to this album I will never pay to see them live again.

hahaha I love your posts

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 20 2012, 01:23 AM)

1022.gif

trink38.gif

Your post reminds me of a band that not many like on here, Ned's Atomic Dustbin.

I put in "The Works" the other day by Queen. An album that I grew up with but never really liked. Well I loved it Pat!! I was thinking about their hit "Radio GaGa" and it makes total sense. Even Freddie hated rock radio back then!! Bless his soul!!!!

I can't believe that's how Lady GaGa got her stage name. Then again she loves KISS too.

Cheers!

Neds Atomic Dustbin! I think the album was Godfodder? wink.gif

QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Jun 19 2012, 11:25 PM)

1022.gif

trink38.gif

Cheers!

Yes!! WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!!

I love "Godfodder!" trink39.gif

QUOTE (beherit @ Jun 19 2012, 11:24 PM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 20 2012, 01:02 AM)
QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Jun 19 2012, 10:53 PM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 19 2012, 02:03 AM)
QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Jun 18 2012, 11:51 PM)
This band has been shit for 20+ years now! Fukk them!!! 062802puke_prv.gif

Hahahaha! I will never give these old ladies a fukking dime again!!

Overrated SHITE!

I would rather listen to "Night In The Ruts" than any of that MTV ballad shite!!

Look in the mirror now Tyler! "Dude Looks Like A Rag Doll Lady!"

Fukk this band!

trink39.gif

trink39.gif

As a cd whore I will probably give in and give the record a spin as Ducky already seemed to predict this on another thread.

The last Aerosmith Tour I saw was the "Just Push Play" Tour. It was fuckking awful. The Dodge Ram Logo was plastered all over the stage.

Tyler sounded like shit even back then.

Aerosmith will be the next Van Halen. They will start fighting again on the road and cancel some shows.

Good riddance.

Even if I do give in and listen to this album I will never pay to see them live again.

hahaha I love your posts

laugh.gif

Thanks dude!!! I love this place!! It's the only forum on the Internet that puts up with my zany behavior!!

I'm actually quite normal in person. wacko.gif

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 20 2012, 01:59 AM)
QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Jun 19 2012, 10:54 PM)
QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Jun 19 2012, 06:43 PM)
I don't get all the praise that Joe Perry gets. Brad Whitford is a much better musician. It must be Perry's image.

goodpost.gif Joe Perry is one of the most overrated and shitty guitarists ever!!! This pathetic band needs to fukkin die already! 062802puke_prv.gif

Hahaha!! I totally agree with you guys!! Brad is a much better guitar player than Blow Jerry!! LOL!

John Lennon got all of the love in The Beatles when in reality George was a much better guitar player and song writer. JMO!!!!

Signed,

"Taxman"

I agree with you that Harrison was better than Lennon but did you know that Paul played the solo on Taxman? I was a bit disappointed when I found that out.

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 20 2012, 01:39 AM)

1022.gif

trink38.gif

Cheers!

I used to dj at a college station and NAD was pretty popular around there. Haven't thought about that band in years- leave it to you! tongue.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Jun 19 2012, 11:42 PM)

1022.gif

trink38.gif

Cheers!

I used to dj at a college station and NAD was pretty popular around there. Haven't thought about that band in years- leave it to you! tongue.gif trink39.gif

Hahahaha!!! It sucks being cd junky! Then again it's very healthy for my ping pong ADD brain! LOL!

I love Ned's man!!

Good shit!! That's cool that you were a DJ once. Must have been fun!

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 20 2012, 01:45 AM)
QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Jun 19 2012, 11:42 PM)

1022.gif

trink38.gif

Cheers!

Hahahaha!!! It sucks being cd junky! Then again it's very healthy for my ping pong ADD brain! LOL!

I love Ned's man!!

Good shit!! That's cool that you were a DJ once. Must have been fun!

It was defintely fun. I didn't get paid, but I met a shitload of bands and went to every show for free. I even saw bands I hated just to check a show out! laugh.gif

It's shit. I got the fancy schmancy version with extra tracks, live tracks, dvd, a food blender and a llama. No matter, it's still shit. And it's SO long, it's as long as Toys In The Attic & Rocks combined.

Plenty riffs and saucy lyrics, but no cohesion, f**k all melodies, and 3 soppy, sloppy, lachrymose, marshmallowy, f**k me with a combine harvester ballads. One is written by Dianne Warren. Say no more. Oh, and Marti Fredericksen, Jim Vallance and Desmond Child have their greasy paws all over it too. So many guest musicians too, I see Rick Dufay got a moment on it. But all the kings horses couldn't........

The return to form I hoped for, dashed. Right now though, the chances of another new album are slim, old age has its benefits. We can only pray.

It's shit. I got the fancy schmancy version with extra tracks, live tracks, dvd, a food blender and a llama. No matter, it's still shit. And it's SO long, it's as long as Toys In The Attic & Rocks combined.

Plenty riffs and saucy lyrics, but no cohesion, f**k all melodies, and 3 soppy, sloppy, lachrymose, marshmallowy, f**k me with a combine harvester ballads. One is written by Dianne Warren. Say no more. Oh, and Marti Fredericksen, Jim Vallance and Desmond Child have their greasy paws all over it too. So many guest musicians too, I see Rick Dufay got a moment on it. But all the kings horses couldn't........

The return to form I hoped for, dashed. Right now though, the chances of another new album are slim, old age has its benefits. We can only pray.

I hate to say I told you so, but look at the thread's opening post...

Ok I'm lying I LOVE to say I told you so! :joker: :madra: :cheerleader: :blah: nya%20nya.gif :guitar: :yay: :cheers:

Yes Duckman, you were right. This album is so bad it makes 9 Lives sound like Pet Sounds.

Even Just Push Play had a few catchy tunes.

It's possible they lost what little they had left during the extra long lay-off between albums, and Tyler snuggling it up with J-Lo on American Idol and falling offstage on his noggin couldn't have helped either.

Yes Duckman, you were right. This album is so bad it makes 9 Lives sound like Pet Sounds.

It's possible they lost what little they had left during the extra long lay-off between albums, and Tyler snuggling it up with J-Lo on American Idol and falling offstage on his noggin couldn't have helped either.

Don't know, but they've clearly lost the ability to pen a tune, and this has now spread to the hired help.

Don't know, but they've clearly lost the ability to pen a tune, and this has now spread to the hired help.

They should all just settle back in their mansions and do drugs, it'd be more constructive...

They should all just settle back in their mansions and do drugs, it'd be more constructive...

I bought the special edition version. I'm an idiot. More recycled paper to wipe my ass with I guess.

A duet with Carrie Underwood? Really?

My wife likes the new record. Therefore I knew that it was a piece of shit.

I'm not ripping on my woman it's just that she is six years younger and loves all of that Aerosmith ballad shite!

I will never pay to see Aerosmith again.

I remember seeing Aerosmith years ago and Bob Dylan opened.

Even back then I fukking wanted to leave early even before Aerosmith hit the stage.

I wanted to shove ice picks in my ears and hypodermic needles in my eyes during Bob Dylan.

The guy is a Legend but he puts me in a coma.

Aerosmith is done.

Wasn't "Dude Looks Like A Lady" written because of Tommy Lee?

In retrospect the song should about Steven Tyler.

Joe Perry is overrated.

Brad Whitman is underrated. JMO

Close, Vince Neil apparantly. And that's all I got for this thread, useless trivia.

btw, wb Earl, feel free to blitz MotS, it could do with some mega reviving :unsure:

Haha! Makes sense amigo! Everyone in Motley Crue looked like a lady in 1985. "Theater Of Pain" was too glam! Way too POISON!

I would love to write a thread about every album I buy on here or every new band I discover but I am so damn busy with work and both girls are hardcore soccer players!

I'm just thankful I was able to get away for my Rush Week! San Jose, Universal and Vegas!!

Hope all is well!

Earl

Currently playing MFAD in the car this past week.. only having previously owned Permanent Vacation i don't find this latest offering too bad to be honest - one or two tracks on MFAD sound like a couple of others of theirs i've heard but what band doesn't look at their back catalogue for rescue ?

I bought the special edition version. I'm an idiot. More recycled paper to wipe my ass with I guess.

A duet with Carrie Underwood? Really?

My wife likes the new record. Therefore I knew that it was a piece of shit.

I'm not ripping on my woman it's just that she is six years younger and loves all of that Aerosmith ballad shite!

I will never pay to see Aerosmith again.

I remember seeing Aerosmith years ago and Bob Dylan opened.

Even back then I fukking wanted to leave early even before Aerosmith hit the stage.

I wanted to shove ice picks in my ears and hypodermic needles in my eyes during Bob Dylan.

The guy is a Legend but he puts me in a coma.

Aerosmith is done.

In retrospect the song should about Steven Tyler.

Joe Perry is overrated.

Brad Whitman is underrated. JMO

I'm glad I passed on this one Earl, there was never any chance of me getting it though...