How Many people really rate ALL THREE Vapor Trails

treeduck

How many of you love ALL the last three albums?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. How many of you love ALL the last three albums?

• 1 Yes I think all three are good or great
    • 2 I hate Vapor Trails, like/love the other two
    • 3 I hate Snakes & Arrows, like/love the other two
    • 4 I hate Clockwork Angels, like/love the other two
    • 5 I hate ALL three
    • 6 I think all three are just average, WAY down on the 70s/80s albums
    • 7 I hate VT and S&A but really enjoy Clockwork Angels
    • 8 I think all three are decent but not that good
    • 9 I hate VT and Clockwork Angels but really enjoy Snakes & Arrows
    • 10 I hate S&A and Clockwork Angels but I love Vapor Trails
    • 11 I hate everything after Counterparts
    • 11 I hate everything after Power Windows
    • 12 I hate everything after Moving Pictures

I really don't think 1,000 people's opinions combined proves that the overall consensus that VT is average. It does prove that's how RateYourMusic members feel though. This conversation is stupid comp26.gif

Anyway, I love all 3! The only Rush album I really don't dig is 2.gif

I said it.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 18 2012, 06:35 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 18 2012, 04:11 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 18 2012, 06:09 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 18 2012, 04:03 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 18 2012, 06:02 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 18 2012, 03:54 PM)
QUOTE (They Bow Defeated @ Jun 18 2012, 05:50 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 18 2012, 05:01 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 18 2012, 01:35 PM)
The posters known as Rushgoober and METALDAD probably wish they had unlimited voting rights in this poll so they could try and outdo each other in their respective (and well known) poll options...

tongue.gif

No, I take comfort in knowing that VT is the lowest rated album (ok, 2nd to last by a slim margin) on rateyourmusic.com, a much more objective website of general music and Rush fans who vote on albums. My opinion is already in the majority. wink.gif

http://rateyourmusic.com/artist/rush

Cool, another Rateyourmusic link that proves Rushgoober is right. yes.gif

I will now get rid of my VT CD and vinyl and try to erase my memory of the concert. ph34r.gif tongue.gif

Here's a site that is another one of Goober's that doesn't quite gel with his opinions...what's this Hold Your Fire beaten by Vapor Trails??

wink.gif

http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=609

That just shows what prog rock fans specifically think based on how good an album it is and especially on how prog it is or is not. Rateyourmusic includes a broad spectrum of music fans. It's the most reliable site out there to determine consensus opinion as it's not genre-specific.

Blah, blah blah...

The numbers are still there Goober...

tongue.gif

As I've been saying. wink.gif

Yes but on prog archives they're not saying anything that you can give you comfort Gary...

tongue.gif

Don't need it. Rush hasn't had a real prog album since 1981. The results there get a bit wonky when a group isn't truly prog anymore.

This isn't a prog site and VT is not rated bottom...

http://www.sputnikmusic.com/bands/Rush/41/

But of course you'll scabble around for a reason to explain it away, or ignore it again like an ostrich with it's head in the sand...

That's ok though this whole posting ratings site links is one of your flawed ideas for legitimizing your obsessed ramblings...

schla03.gif

QUOTE (ak2112 @ Jun 18 2012, 07:22 PM)
Vapor Trails is far and away the worst album the band has ever released IMO.  Pure garbage (and I'm talking about the songs, not the mix/mastering).  I try and listen to it twice a year all the way through and every time its pure torture. Clockwork Angels and Snake & Arrows however...pure genius!

The Songs are garbage? I like 11 of the 13 xD

This leads me to assume you've never heard T4E. Dog Years/The Color of Right/Carve Away the Stone.

I love Totem, Time & Motion, Virtuality, Limbo and Half The World. Oh, and Driven, Resist & Test For Echo wink.gif

I still think VT is quite a bit stronger than it's given credit for. The mixing is bad, but I'm not seeing the songs being bad.

Edited by GUPower Windows

I like all three, but Vapor Trails is probably near the bottom of my Rush album ranking (ahead of only Presto, the debut and Test for Echo), and Snakes and Arrows doesn't quite crack the top 10. Clockwork Angels is still too new to fairly rate or rank, but I am pretty sure I will put it ahead of VT and S&A.

QUOTE (The K Man @ Jun 19 2012, 12:17 AM)
I like all three, but Vapor Trails is probably near the bottom of my Rush album ranking (ahead of only Presto, the debut and Test for Echo), and Snakes and Arrows doesn't quite crack the top 10. Clockwork Angels is still too new to fairly rate or rank, but I am pretty sure I will put it ahead of VT and S&A.

I also don't understand all the Presto hate...

People say it's always lacking balls, so does everyone want balls? wtf.gif

QUOTE (The K Man @ Jun 19 2012, 12:27 AM)
I don't hate Presto; I just think that just about every other Rush album is better. I'd still give Presto a solid 3 stars out of 5.

The only track I really don't like on Presto is War Paint. Some songs are cheesy (Chain Lightning, etc.) but it's pretty consistent unlike the previous effort, HYF. Second Nature kills it for me. Absolutely. Completely. Kills it. I can deal with War Paint.

I'll quit changing the subject.

I'm surprised people are so iffy about S&A. I didn't really get into it at all until about 6 months ago, and it's been on regular rotation (some songs, not the whole thing) ever since. I really like The Larger Bowl though and I can see how that doesn't do it for a lot of people.

I don't hate Presto; I just think that just about every other Rush album is better. I'd still give Presto a solid 3 stars out of 5.

I've got to admit Presto, while I think it's an ok album and there's some good songs on there, it's my least favourite, bar Feedback. The weak production doesn't help either.

Love all three. They all contain songs that are irreplaceable in my Rush collection. CA is easily one of my favorite Rush albums, as is S&A. I still love and adore all the older material but the newer stuff has been really good, imo.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 19 2012, 12:32 AM)
I don't hate Presto; I just think that just about every other Rush album is better.  I'd still give Presto a solid 3 stars out of 5.

I've got to admit Presto, while I think it's an ok album and there's some good songs on there, it's my least favourite, bar Feedback. The weak production doesn't help either.

It really...uhh...I guess soft is the word for it. I don't think I've ever really even listened to Feedback, but I really don't like covers. Presto is in my bottom 5, but it's kind of hard compete with everything around it. The only album really close to Presto is RTB, and I think it's definitely more consistent. Bottom 5 isn't even that bad since I still rate P 4, RTB & T4E 3.5. FBN is a solid 4-5 for most people, but it's definitely not my thing. I used to love 70s Rush but post MP stuff has me captivated. I've been into every phase of Rush xD

bottom 4

Presto

RTB

T4E

Fly By Night

RUSH

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 18 2012, 10:10 PM)
The posters known as Rushgoober and METALDAD probably wish they had unlimited voting rights in this poll so they could try and outdo each other in their respective (and well known) poll options...

tongue.gif

No, I take comfort in knowing that VT is the lowest rated album (ok, 2nd to last by a slim margin) on rateyourmusic.com, a much more objective website of general music and Rush fans who vote on albums. My opinion is already in the majority. wink.gif

I will now get rid of my VT CD and vinyl and try to erase my memory of the concert. ph34r.gif tongue.gif

Here's a site that is another one of Goober's that doesn't quite gel with his opinions...what's this Hold Your Fire beaten by Vapor Trails??

wink.gif

That just shows what prog rock fans specifically think based on how good an album it is and especially on how prog it is or is not. Rateyourmusic includes a broad spectrum of music fans. It's the most reliable site out there to determine consensus opinion as it's not genre-specific.

Blah, blah blah...

tongue.gif

Yes but on prog archives they're not saying anything that you can give you comfort Gary...

tongue.gif

Don't need it. Rush hasn't had a real prog album since 1981. The results there get a bit wonky when a group isn't truly prog anymore.

But of course you'll scabble around for a reason to explain it away, or ignore it again like an ostrich with it's head in the sand...

That's ok though this whole posting ratings site links is one of your flawed ideas for legitimizing your obsessed ramblings...

schla03.gif

I'll agree with one thing you just said, and that's schla03.gif

CA, VT, and SA are my top three favorite Rush albums, respectively. All perfect tens. Not a bad song on any of them. Can't say the same about Hold Your Fire, Presto, RTB, CP, or TFE. The production on Vapor Trails doesn't bother me at all. It's like a turd in the fountain of youth, you just pretend it's not there and dive in, because the reward is worth the feces -- or in Vapor Trails' case, the shitty production.

QUOTE (GUPower Windows @ Jun 18 2012, 10:07 PM)
I really don't think 1,000 people's opinions combined proves that the overall consensus that VT is average. It does prove that's how RateYourMusic members feel though. This conversation is stupid comp26.gif

Anyway, I love all 3! The only Rush album I really don't dig is 2.gif

I said it.

If you're able to completely dismiss 1,000 people's opinions, you must really not like what they had to say. And they didn't say it was average:; some loved it, some liked, some didn't like, some hated. All I'm saying is that it's the 2nd lowest rated album among all Rush albums, where over 1,000 people voted on each album, which includes hardcore fans, casual fans, non-fans, etc. Some people REALLY don't like what those results show and want to dismiss them at any cost. They're entitled. It changes nothing.

Of course if YOU love the album, who cares what everyone else thinks, right?

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 19 2012, 01:05 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 18 2012, 10:10 PM)

tongue.gif

wink.gif

Blah, blah blah...

tongue.gif

tongue.gif

schla03.gif

I'll agree with one thing you just said, and that's schla03.gif

Ditto everything you said.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 19 2012, 01:10 AM)
QUOTE (GUPower Windows @ Jun 18 2012, 10:07 PM)
I really don't think 1,000 people's opinions combined proves that the overall consensus that VT is average.  It does prove that's how RateYourMusic members feel though.  This conversation is stupid  comp26.gif

Anyway, I love all 3!  The only Rush album I really don't dig is  2.gif

I said it.

If you're able to completely dismiss 1,000 people's opinions, you must really not like what they had to say. And they didn't say it was average:; some loved it, some liked, some didn't like, some hated. All I'm saying is that it's the 2nd lowest rated album among all Rush albums, where over 1,000 people voted on each album, which includes hardcore fans, casual fans, non-fans, etc. Some people REALLY don't like what those results show and want to dismiss them at any cost. They're entitled. It changes nothing.

Of course if YOU love the album, who cares what everyone else thinks, right?

Bahaha man you really like making assumptions don't you?

1. I didn't dismiss them, I said it's how the RateYourMusic members feel.

2. "which includes hardcore fans, casual fans, non-fans, etc." How do you know this? Oh yeah, assumptions.

3. "Of course if YOU love the album, who cares what everyone else thinks, right?" Why you gotta be so hateful fists crying.gif I never said I was dismissing someones opinion no.gif and I can see where people have issues with VT. I'm not deaf to the mixing/production.

well, 1,000 people out of the over 338,00+ people who bought it (looked up some numbers on album sales. the 338k is from 2007 so I'm sure it's gone up some since) isn't a good overall representation. That 1,000 people aren't even 1% of who owns the album. That's what I'm getting at.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 18 2012, 02:57 PM)
QUOTE (Cyclonus X-1 @ Jun 18 2012, 02:54 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 18 2012, 02:52 PM)
Ok I'm one of those people who enjoy Clockwork Angels, Vapor Trails AND Snakes & Arrows, how many more of us are there?

Count me among the few.

It might turn out to be more than a few...

cool.gif 1022.gif

Yeah...me too! 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif