QUOTE (Gompers @ Jul 17 2012, 12:54 PM)
...the new Rush release.

hater atickhum.gif

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Gompers @ Jul 17 2012, 11:58 AM)
...making fanbois hold off from autoerotic asphyxiation because they are in a mode of perpetual orgasm while listening.

(CA is...)

...really frustrating for the haters because they know it's so damn good. angry.gif

(Except for some mixing/mastering issues which I actually agree with them on.)

Edited by They Bow Defeated

QUOTE (Tick @ Jul 17 2012, 01:09 PM)
...the new Rush release.

hater atickhum.gif

..not a hater at all. I like 4 of the songs quite a bit. trink38.gif rofl3.gif cheer.gif common001.gif scared.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_alienjig.gif boarder.gif

QUOTE (They Bow Defeated @ Jul 17 2012, 01:17 PM)
...making fanbois hold off from autoerotic asphyxiation because they are in a mode of perpetual orgasm while listening.

(CA is...)

...really frustrating for the haters because they know it's so damn good. angry.gif

laugh.gif

Oh, that is good. If only it were true. After one year I will know for sure. Just like it took me quite a while to get into PoW which I think is an awesome release these days.

QUOTE (Gompers @ Jul 17 2012, 12:22 PM)

(CA is...)

laugh.gif

Oh, that is good. If only it were true. After one year I will know for sure. Just like it took me quite a while to get into PoW which I think is an awesome release these days.

Oh, it's true. yes.gif

In the fullness of time, or with the release of the remixed/remastered CA "special edition," you will see the light. tongue.gif

QUOTE (They Bow Defeated @ Jul 17 2012, 01:59 PM)
QUOTE (Gompers @ Jul 17 2012, 12:22 PM)

(CA is...)

laugh.gif

Oh, it's true. yes.gif

In the fullness of time, or with the release of the remixed/remastered CA "special edition," you will see the light. tongue.gif

I certainly hope so.

QUOTE (Gompers @ Jul 17 2012, 12:20 PM)
QUOTE (Tick @ Jul 17 2012, 01:09 PM)
...the new Rush release.

hater atickhum.gif

..not a hater at all. I like 4 of the songs quite a bit. trink38.gif rofl3.gif cheer.gif common001.gif scared.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_alienjig.gif boarder.gif

that's where i am. 4-5 songs but i don't see myself getting past that point.

QUOTE (Tick @ Oct 12 2012, 01:20 PM)
Phenomenal live!!!! 1022.gif

goodpost.gif

Absolutely phenomenal live! yes.gif

1022.gif

I like the concept of the album and the meaning behind most of the songs lyrically...it's a little like 2112 mixed with Fountain Of Lamneth theme-wise

.... it's just that the songs themselves...muscially, production, length, melody, Ged's singing, etc etc just don't stick with or move me much. In fact, I find a lot of them really annoying (the chorus for Wreckers comes to mind) I wish they did so I could join in with the love-fest for the album but I gave it multiple tries and still find myself skipping to the next song after a minute of the previous one. eh.gif

Edited by jnoble

I love all things Rush, and have several albums, but Clockwork Angels is just kicking my ***. Bought it not too long ago, and it hasn't left my CD player yet. I'm still digesting it and catching something new everytime I listen. And, being a musician myself, I'm listening to it from that perspective as well, contemplating not just the lyrics, but all the nuances of the playing. Edited by SquierJazz72

Ok, for one reason or another I never had a chance to give the album much of a chance. I think one issue is a lot

of the intros to the songs are "noisy-riffy" a la VT and some of SnA and you have to get to the verses and choruses to

appreciate the rest of the material. Anyways, preparing to go to the show in Tampa last night I knew that a large amount

of new material would be played so I broke out the headphones and the lyrics the last couple of weeks and can only

say wow, I don't know how I didn't see the brilliance of this album. I won't mention the song to avoid spoilers but

a chorus from a song off the new album gave me chills unlike anything I've felt with Rush since Moving Pictures.

Can't wait to hear a new album.